Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Should probably get more sleep too. There's also been some studies indicating Omega 3 fatty acids can have a positive impact on one's mental/emotional well being too. And of course a solid exercise routine can work wonders.

You recently get a job in the Biden administration or something?

All good ideas! Sounds like you’ve got it down 🙌

I don’t get the Biden joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
SNL is pretty drat great if you’re stoned and always amazed at how huge Yao Ming is

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I smoked a buttload of wings on my friend’s new pellet smoker tonight and had to use every square inch of grill space since my other friend got like an 8 pound pack of drummies and flats. Which meant I kept burning my hand on the hot grates getting to all the wings way in back on the bottom grate, so now my right hand is covered in burn marks and my left hand is already covered in angry cat claw marks.

Wings were nice and crispy and tasty tho.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I miss going to the sauna.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Amy Pole Her posted:

SNL is pretty drat great if you’re stoned and always amazed at how huge Yao Ming is

It's very cool that they got Sarah Squirm on there. She was a Chicago mainstay for comedy and bands that wanted some extremely weird poo poo to open. She rocks.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

ozymandius1024 posted:

I didn't catch it right away either, so don't feel too dumb.

We just watched the first episode of the new season, and I had to pause it a few minutes in because I wasn't sure we were even watching the right show or if it was a preview of something else :lol:

Haha same. Also if you didn't notice they exist, the two focused eps that aired between seasons are pretty interesting too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

snowing like poo poo outside

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I got a good face mask on since my ongoing battle with adult acne is back in full swing. Feels good.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This musical guest is drat fun. This must be a fun rear end show live to be at.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I was flipping through some old photos and was reminded that at the one Vikings game I went to there was a surprise halftime show by Flo Rida

Easily best part of the game.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Amy Pole Her posted:

This musical guest is drat fun. This must be a fun rear end show live to be at.

The singer sounds like Bruce Springsteen.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

snowing like poo poo outside

Charging my car in Statesville 100 miles east of you and there's nothing.

Friday I had to sit at the Dallas terminal for 8 hours for them to finally load the trailer. If it was ready by 1pm like usual I would have been home for hours by now. This is a week after they sent us to Connecticut. Gotta love a "dedicated run"

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I’m always surprised people know Statesville exists.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

HOLY poo poo

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

HOLY poo poo

babbys first snowstorm

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

FizFashizzle posted:

HOLY poo poo

Pics?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Should I take the money I won on the Bills last night and put it all on the Birds to cover?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

FizFashizzle posted:

HOLY poo poo

Let me know when you reach a foot.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
After having lived in Chicago for 4 years I’ve officially adopted the northerner “lol atlanta” attitude for when it “snows” here

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Zendaya as Morgan Freeman was 👌🏽

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

Let me know when you reach a foot.

We’re at about 11 ish inches

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1482731552614363141?s=21

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Man it’s just pissing rain and like 40F in Charleston. Snow would be more fun.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
We're not getting snow down here but it's cold enough there better be some drat deer walking around. I'm down 6 to nothing to my father and I am so sick of hearing it

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

haljordan posted:

Should I take the money I won on the Bills last night and put it all on the Birds to cover?

Not against this, but you should save :20bux: of it instead of investing all to celebrate that rear end-kicking. Maybe buy some Buffalo wings to commemorate the event.

As for snow, it looks like it won't be falling in MO next weekend when I'm there but it does look to stay in the single digits. 🥶

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1482739199333879812

Genuinely had never heard of this. Welp, see y'all on the other side of the rabbit hole

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's very cool that they got Sarah Squirm on there. She was a Chicago mainstay for comedy and bands that wanted some extremely weird poo poo to open. She rocks.

It’s basically impossible to play a character too big and loud on SNL, but I’ll be damned if she doesn’t pull it off nearly every time.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

GD_American posted:

Genuinely had never heard of this. Welp, see y'all on the other side of the rabbit hole

It's a getfiscal tweet...

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

seiferguy posted:

It's a getfiscal tweet...

not everyone knows the old ways. the posting lore...lost, like the sphinx in the sand

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There are, though, like numerous people who do this. Theres a lady who did pop covers on her hurdy gurdy or the one that does em on her gwangeom or whatever the korean lap guitar is called.

Me, I've been listening to renditions of songs from the lord of the rings and now Im pretty sure I have an irrepressible urge to delve greedily and too deep

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

General Dog posted:

It’s basically impossible to play a character too big and loud on SNL, but I’ll be damned if she doesn’t pull it off nearly every time.

Yeah it owns

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

GD_American posted:

It's a joke post but there was a while there where every wedding I went to had string quartet arrangements of pop songs so it's plausible

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

No Butt Stuff posted:

I’m always surprised people know Statesville exists.
I come from an even smaller town. Statesville is that place between here and Charlotte so I know it well as I drive past.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

GD_American posted:

At some point I want to make a Skyrim mod that replaces all the bard songs with bardcore covers of 80s and 90s pop songs.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

He’s actually right, though

https://youtu.be/cRIfsFefatg

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
*Steadies his hand over the lid to Pandora's Box...

Someone asked me what I was doing today and I said making a bunch of different soups, mostly for my step-dad. They asked what kind and I said lima bean, split pea, and chili. They were adamant chili wasn't soup.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

swickles posted:

*Steadies his hand over the lid to Pandora's Box...

Someone asked me what I was doing today and I said making a bunch of different soups, mostly for my step-dad. They asked what kind and I said lima bean, split pea, and chili. They were adamant chili wasn't soup.

My God, what have you done?

I think the distinction between soup and stew has to do with meat content by volume. Where you draw the line is up to debate, but I think almost any chili is going to qualify more as a stew.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 16, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
chili is a stew.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
A bowl of corn flakes is a soup.

Adbot