Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Alucard posted:

I'm making a feature length adult film based on a screenshot of Sting in his codpiece from Dune. Anyone else want in on the ground floor?

yes. how can I send you money for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Alucard posted:

I'm making a feature length adult film based on a screenshot of Sting in his codpiece from Dune. Anyone else want in on the ground floor?

There's no way I can bend like a reed in the wind after hearing this news

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Update: all proceeds will go towards the lawsuit Sting just served me.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lets make a dune NFT

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

precision posted:

lets make a dune NFT

post without rhythm

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

post without rhythm

:ibadpop:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Would I buy a sting speedo nft?

Yes, yes I would

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
https://twitter.com/KindaHagi/status/1482802305691013128?s=20

This is how I imagine the tleilaxu tbh

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
"remains of a snap button clasp"
Congrats everyone, this gives us the inalienable right to all Dune-related IP! Lets gOooo!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

part 2 lookin' good already

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
it'll be funny to see what Denis does because like, you gotta hand it to lynch, he was like "oh word, there's a magical adult toddler in this poo poo? welp okay let's just find the creepiest loving six year old on the planet"

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Cast Tilda Swinton and just turn up the de-aging tech to 11.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Alia will be played by grimes on LOTR-style forced perspective sets

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Ingmar terdman posted:

Alia will be played by grimes on LOTR-style forced perspective sets

you knew the exact thing to say to get me to :barf:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

precision posted:

it'll be funny to see what Denis does because like, you gotta hand it to lynch, he was like "oh word, there's a magical adult toddler in this poo poo? welp okay let's just find the creepiest loving six year old on the planet"

Hire whoever created the baby puppet from Twilight that had to be scrapped for being an abomination

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Alucard posted:

Despite how ambivalent I am to the David Lynch movie, I'd much rather have this than the glorification of Jodorowsky - who think it's okay to use the word rape when talking about either a male author or a female actor who in some respects was his subordinate.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Not exactly saying much given how sci-fi usually treats women, mind, and he'd definitely gone down the rabbit hole into some weird-rear end fetishes by the end.

I havent read all of the Dune books so I cannot promise this with 100% accuracy, BUT

Nothing Herbert did was as weird as his contemporary Heinlein, especially towards the end of his career. Time Enough For Love is the weirdest poo poo out there

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Vampire Panties posted:

I havent read all of the Dune books so I cannot promise this with 100% accuracy, BUT

Nothing Herbert did was as weird as his contemporary Heinlein, especially towards the end of his career. Time Enough For Love is the weirdest poo poo out there

Oh, by sci fi author standards Frank is probably downright vanilla. Even with the mind control dbz sex battle.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Oh, by sci fi author standards Frank is probably downright vanilla. Even with the mind control dbz sex battle.

The kid-loving in Chapterhouse was pretty bad, dude.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Did Asimov write anything particularly heinous and weird? Or did his complete inability to write a character that wasn't literally a sexless robot prevent that

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Yeah, there wasn't even a single titty in the entire Foundation trilogy. What gives?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Asimov saved his sex weirdness for real life

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

It's ok they're saving them all for the upcoming show

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

skasion posted:

Asimov saved his sex weirdness for real life

Wasn't he just a serial wife abuser or am I mixing him up with someone else? I don't think there's been any prominent male sci-fi writers from that era who weren't terrible people

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Youre probably thinking of Lowtax

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Wasn't he just a serial wife abuser or am I mixing him up with someone else? I don't think there's been any prominent male sci-fi writers from that era who weren't terrible people

Dunno about the wife abuse, but Asmiov was a horrible, horrible sexual harasser. Like, to the point where people had to physically block him from groping women.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

pnumoman posted:

Dunno about the wife abuse, but Asmiov was a horrible, horrible sexual harasser. Like, to the point where people had to physically block him from groping women.

Yeah I looked him up, I was thinking of Einstein lmao

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Colonel Cancer posted:

Ballard wasn’t too bad, except at writing

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Also any discussion of crazy 20th c SFF authors would be incomplete without Cordwainer Smith, who was apparently perfectly nice personally but also a batshit insane propaganda master for the nationalist chinese

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Phillip K Dick just wanted to get hosed up and commune with pink rays reflected off medallions

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Ror posted:

Hire whoever created the baby puppet from Twilight that had to be scrapped for being an abomination

poo poo, wasn't she kind of pre-born too?

And now I'm remembering how Stephanie Meyer made the kid the object of weird supernatural grooming that all the other characters were just ok with

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Colonel Cancer posted:

PKD wasn't alleged to be horrible, just batshit crazy

i think maybe Zelazny was normal-ish?

ummmm... surely there's more lmao

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Ror posted:

:wtc:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Ror posted:

:lol: at least this isnt a sex thing. IIRC Meyer aged up the kid to 2-3 because she actually had kids and suuuuuper didnt like the baby stage. TBH maybe the most realistic and practical thing demonstrated in fantasy

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

precision posted:

PKD wasn't alleged to be horrible, just batshit crazy

i think maybe Zelazny was normal-ish?

ummmm... surely there's more lmao

Dick blew up several of his marriages by being a speed freak and constantly blowing all his money on drugs. He wasn’t a molester that I know of, but he beat at least one of his wives and also once attempted suicide by car crash while his girlfriend was in the car. Fascinating writer but from everything I’ve ever heard about him, incredibly lovely to know

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I like that there are new science fiction writers like Becky Chambers, the author of The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bester was a huge drunken misogynist and possibly more, but at least he had the guts to make his main characters very obvious shitbags rather than hiding behind them.

Caveats and all, The Stars My Destination is about as perfect as golden age sci-fi lit gets.

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

Mister Speaker posted:

Yeah, there wasn't even a single titty in the entire Foundation trilogy. What gives?

I hear Jude Law is topless all the time in the Apple+ show.

Lots to enjoy if he's a rigged as he was in The Young Pope :heysexy:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

lt_kennedy posted:

I hear Jude Law is topless all the time in the Apple+ show.

Lots to enjoy if he's a rigged as he was in The Young Pope :heysexy:

I think you’re thinking of Lee Pace and he’s very frequently shirtless and buff as hell.

I like the Foundation show but it is a really loose adaptation of the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

priznat posted:

I think you’re thinking of Lee Pace and he’s very frequently shirtless and buff as hell.

I like the Foundation show but it is a really loose adaptation of the book.

Ah cool thanks for the heads up not even mad I loved Pushing Daisies like a chump but it was 90% Lee Pace :pervert: