Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chili is chili.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

GD_American posted:

He’s actually right, though

https://youtu.be/cRIfsFefatg

This was shockingly listenable. The singer has a lovely voice.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

No Butt Stuff posted:

Chili is chili.

Correct, it doesn’t need any other labels. It’s perfection unto itself.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Shepherd’s Pie is a casserole

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Key Lime Pie is a tart

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

swickles posted:

*Steadies his hand over the lid to Pandora's Box...

Someone asked me what I was doing today and I said making a bunch of different soups, mostly for my step-dad. They asked what kind and I said lima bean, split pea, and chili. They were adamant chili wasn't soup.

They were right

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

To me, soup has to be made from broth or stock, and I don’t use either in my chili, although I suppose you could still.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ornery and Hornery posted:

This was shockingly listenable. The singer has a lovely voice.

This one is as good as the original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSewYsf3uDs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Chili is american bolognese

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Spoeank posted:

Do people eat bolognese straight from a bowl with no pasta? Or has the whole world adopted the Italian version of Cincinnati chili?

I’m also trying to decide where the line transitions between stew and pot roast, is it just whether the meat is pre cut?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

i eat my chili on either rice or (preferably) mac n cheese because chili mac is s-tier

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Skyline was right all along

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Pop tarts are raviolis

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Thaddius the Large posted:

Do people eat bolognese straight from a bowl with no pasta?

People can do whatever they want

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
All this just has me in the mood for soup and, thankfully, I'll be making some later.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I found an urgent care office that was doing tests only for symptomatic people but the PA all but confirmed to me that whatever I have is viral so yeah that test is probably gonna come back positive, whenever I do get it back :smith:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I also have covid per a rapid test.

Started getting sick on wednesday, tested negative thursday, had a wedding today, so tested again last night, and welp.

Threw up tuesday, thought it was bad food, sore throat wednesday, sore throat + migraine thursday. 96 degree temp + congestion friday - today.

Cool cool cool.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

TFF blowing up with covid.

We need a gang tag.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

a neat cape posted:

Pop tarts are raviolis

This is straight up violence.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

3 DONG HORSE posted:

i eat my chili on either rice or (preferably) mac n cheese because chili mac is s-tier
Oh look it's tomorrow's dinner with chili I made last week and froze for this week.

I made mine rather thick because instead of canned tomatoes I used tomato paste. And yes I used beans idgaf

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
If you have more than one kid, loving work harder on your will, especially if some of those kids are in a mental state that necessitates someone other than them looking after their finances.

My grandparents bought a condo for my insane aunt, but they never signed the condo over to her trust so now that they're dead and my grandparents property is held in equal trust for all four of their kids, if my insane aunt wants to stay living in the same place she's lived for the last decade, she get's a lot less of the other assets. And she's not happy about that.

I'm so glad I'm an only child, I just get everything when my parents die.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

What does picking up coffee do in Alan Wake?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

General Dog posted:

What does picking up coffee do in Alan Wake?

Counts toward an achievement, aka absolutely gently caress all.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I was having a memory about my grandmother and how she would always make us a cake when we came over. Didn’t matter if it wasn’t someone’s bday. We were coming over? We got cake. She’s put it in the microwave for a bit to heat it up then put some ice cream with it.

So I went to the store and bought some cake and ice cream. Also made a hot toddy. I’m super happy right now.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Barudak posted:

Counts toward an achievement, aka absolutely gently caress all.

I initially assumed it was for health like the painkillers in Max Payne, but it became apparent it wasn’t the case.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/LisaMichelleEu1/status/1482659837284544513?s=20

It feels a little weird that things have been going on long enough for this to get made.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

It's king cake time bitches. The dough is in the fridge for the next 24 hours then it's party time.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Braksgirl posted:

It's king cake time bitches. The dough is in the fridge for the next 24 hours then it's party time.

God dammit now I want king cake

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bobjr posted:

https://twitter.com/LisaMichelleEu1/status/1482659837284544513?s=20

It feels a little weird that things have been going on long enough for this to get made.

lets be real that's a movie that could have been made 5 weeks into the pandemic

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Carnival is my favorite. King cake is my favorite dessert. So good.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

drat, we’re getting full communism in just three years?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I wish I loved anything as much as Christians love their persecution complex.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I promise if I'm in charge in 3 years right after full communism I will fully persecute christianity.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Snacking on these enoki mushrooms that are supposed to be for my soup and texting my mom financial planner info so she can prepar my sister to inheret way too much money while still in high school in a few years.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Please everyone in the TFF 'Rona crowd take care. I haven't personally lost anyone I know to it and would love to keep that streak going

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

Please everyone in the TFF 'Rona crowd take care. I haven't personally lost anyone I know to it and would love to keep that streak going

I think the booster plays a big part. Everyone I know who is boosted had relatively mild symptoms. My work partner though was full vax but no boost but also in her late 20s and very healthy and she’s sick as poo poo. Dizzy, super weak, severe myalgia, bad sinus symptoms.

It’s wild.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

LeeMajors posted:

I think the booster plays a big part. Everyone I know who is boosted had relatively mild symptoms. My work partner though was full vax but no boost but also in her late 20s and very healthy and she’s sick as poo poo. Dizzy, super weak, severe myalgia, bad sinus symptoms.

It’s wild.

My wife also runs part time on my EMS service. She ran with a crew of four two weeks back and one of them tested positive the following day and was asymptomatic. The other two folks on the rig got really sick as well in the following days. She's the only one who didn't catch it and is the only one with her booster.

poo poo works, apparently.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

My wife also runs part time on my EMS service. She ran with a crew of four two weeks back and one of them tested positive the following day and was asymptomatic. The other two folks on the rig got really sick as well in the following days. She's the only one who didn't catch it and is the only one with her booster.

poo poo works, apparently.

My daughter got it during delta wave and even without my booster I was basically nose to nose with her for 14 day quarantine and I never caught it. I had several tears. It was insane.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This supposed clip sucks too much to be fake I think:

https://twitter.com/ErikRobson/status/1482890636315402253

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

It’s wild.

That's part of the reason I decided last week we weren't going to go out much for the time being - case numbers jumping huge, my wife and I are both 4/5 months after the second shot, and while the government has pushed forward timelines for boosters, we don't know when we'll get that from our local municipality. And the last thing either of us needs is to get sick, especially since she's 8 months pregnant :v:

As soon as I'm eligible I'll go get boosted, once she's post-delivery and okay we'll see how she can get it as well. we've also heard from doctors here we might want to get boosters for MMR shots as well to deal with the newborn? Not sure what that's about yet but we'll have to look into it as well.

please stay safe y'all and minimize what trips you have to make. I know it's hard to push back on work stuff, but looking after yourself really is the most important thing.