Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Goddammit I really really wish you did not tell me this Eimi.

:sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Guess I'm grinding this poo poo out now.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

TheWorldsaStage posted:

See I thought I had just completely missed that during ShB, but no, it's a qol improvement.
Yeah it was changed with 6.0. Though it looks like it requires you to finish 5.0 before scenario mode is unlocked, rather than being unlocked instantly.

20 dungeon runs total (2 runs per dungeon with 2 teams, with Mt. Gulg only requiring a single run) to go from 71 to 81 (they skip directly to 81 after you fill up their xp at 79), and about 66-69 dungeon runs total to go from 81 to 90 (5 runs per dungeon with 3 separate teams, with the 89 dungeon requiring less runs because you only need to finish a single level but I don't have an exact count because I was grinding Babil for glams so it screwed with my XP amounts). Get cracking.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Insert name here posted:

Yeah it was changed with 6.0. Though it looks like it requires you to finish 5.0 before scenario mode is unlocked, rather than being unlocked instantly.

20 dungeon runs total (2 runs per dungeon with 2 teams, with Mt. Gulg only requiring a single run) to go from 71 to 81 (they skip directly to 81 after you fill up their xp at 79), and about 66-69 dungeon runs total to go from 81 to 90 (5 runs per dungeon with 3 separate teams, with the 89 dungeon requiring less runs because you only need to finish a single level but I don't have an exact count because I was grinding Babil for glams so it screwed with my XP amounts). Get cracking.

Guess I might as well use this to level my alt classes...

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Guess I might as well use this to level my alt classes...

That's what I did in shb and am doing now! I just do a trust a day. Currently got everyone to 86 or 87 or so.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm glad that they added the best title all the way back in ARR so I never have to grind for difficult ones ever again

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I got "do a frontline" in catbook this week, so I decided to give it another whirl. Queued as RDM so that job would get the EXP, then swapped to WHM after getting in.

Well, I didn't lose this time.

Something I wasn't expecting though,

Even when I don't lose, I don't win either. :v: Sort of. Seems the game treats Draws as Wins. Poor Flames though, we and the Adders got to share 1st place, they get 3rd.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Fiye posted:

DRG feels awful and the 90 capstone being a button you press after two combos just feels weak. Nothing like Stardiver where you were trying to optimize fitting it into your buffs.

SMN is pretty easy. You run one of two openers depending on how many 30s buffs you have and when you re-opener under pots you wanna make sure your Garuda aoe is snapshotted under the pot. Otherwise its press your legos and put Ifrit wherever there's downtime.

At least thats what I've done and it works. I'm ahead of my BRD's DPS and both melees consistently out perform me.

Is there anywhere I can get resources on SMN that's not locked behind a Discord (the greatest sin of this lustrum)? I've tried looking at there's not much to see, and I'd like to see it cause my mayor problem I have is Searimg Light always coming off CD after Bahamut is up, even if I delay Bahamut a bit at the start.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Is there anywhere I can get resources on SMN that's not locked behind a Discord (the greatest sin of this lustrum)? I've tried looking at there's not much to see, and I'd like to see it cause my mayor problem I have is Searimg Light always coming off CD after Bahamut is up, even if I delay Bahamut a bit at the start.

Depending on spell speed you’ll have to cast a Ruin or two to let Searing come off CD before going back into Bahamut. I think xivanalysis will warn if you’re casting like 3 or more normal Ruins per minute.

Off the top of my head the opener is something like Ruin -> Searing Light -> Ruin -> Bahamut -> Ruin Replacement I can’t remember the name of -> Energy Drain -> Thing Again and use your ogcds. You should get 6 casts of the Bahamut Ruin in your window and the potion is used so it lasts just long enough for a full titan + swiftcast slipstream. Someone will probably post the actual opener with real spell names and potion usage time, but I’m not at my computer so I can’t easily look it up.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Akh Morning. https://www.akhmorning.com The Balance also has its own website now as well here https://www.thebalanceffxiv.com/

To answer your question, you'll probably want to delay it by casting a Ruin 3 or two. I'm at 2.42 GCD and that's what I have to do. Keeping raid buffs aligned (And on bahamut no less) is probably worth more than hitting bahamut as soon as he's ready.

Maguoob posted:

Off the top of my head the opener is something like Ruin -> Searing Light -> Ruin -> Bahamut -> Ruin Replacement I can’t remember the name of -> Energy Drain -> Thing Again and use your ogcds. You should get 6 casts of the Bahamut Ruin in your window and the potion is used so it lasts just long enough for a full titan + swiftcast slipstream. Someone will probably post the actual opener with real spell names and potion usage time, but I’m not at my computer so I can’t easily look it up.

Nah that's basically it. The biggest thing is not clipping your searing light w/ bahamut but i've been living life on the edge and doing that with 50ms ping and I haven't eaten my searing light with bahamut.

Fiye fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 17, 2022

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Thanks to the advice guys! Although to point it out, Akhmorning and the balance websites haven't updated yet for EW beyond maybe a rotation outline, that's why I was asking :v: Glad to see I was mostly right about what I was doing.

I might try to keep progging as SMN, mostly because tank on P1S PF feels like a mess because the strat is to voke at Pitless and then the original MT inmediately vokes back instead of just, tank swapping and it leads to needing to stance dance a lot because Shirk isn't up for every pitless that way.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm glad that they added the best title all the way back in ARR so I never have to grind for difficult ones ever again

I've been The Negotiator for a while because it's lore appropriate, it sounds reasonably intimidating at times, and for those who know what it indicates it marks me as someone who goes deep into optional stuff.

(it's the ARR all-beast-tribes title. the other beast tribe titles aren't as good)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Raised By Birds posted:

I got "do a frontline" in catbook this week, so I decided to give it another whirl. Queued as RDM so that job would get the EXP, then swapped to WHM after getting in.

Well, I didn't lose this time.

Something I wasn't expecting though,

Even when I don't lose, I don't win either. :v: Sort of. Seems the game treats Draws as Wins. Poor Flames though, we and the Adders got to share 1st place, they get 3rd.

Draws are rare but possible, since both teams just have to have the same score on the server tick when the match ends. If the losing two teams tie they share second place. I think it's even possible to have a three way draw for first place but I've never seen it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oh, is there a way to turn the censoring in the in-game chat off?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

So I was investigating why our WHM died on our first P2S clear (The answer: server ticks killed her, because she was the only one who got the tank LB3 after the damage was already locked in).
But now I have another question:
What are those other numbers?

As far as I can tell, U is unmitigated, M is mitigated, B is blocked and O is probably Overkill, but what does A mean?

Kuromoku
May 3, 2008

Tamba posted:

So I was investigating why our WHM died on our first P2S clear (The answer: server ticks killed her, because she was the only one who got the tank LB3 after the damage was already locked in).
But now I have another question:
What are those other numbers?

As far as I can tell, U is unmitigated, M is mitigated, B is blocked and O is probably Overkill, but what does A mean?

Absorbed?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Yeah, that's probably it.
Everyone who got the first knockback arrows already used up their shields, so only the 4 other people still had shields left at that point.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Oh, is there a way to turn the censoring in the in-game chat off?

Under character settings->log settings there should be the option to turn off the censor. There’s some other useful switches their too, like turning off the max height when flying and the action not being ready error messages.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

hopeandjoy posted:

Under character settings->log settings there should be the option to turn off the censor. There’s some other useful switches their too, like turning off the max height when flying and the action not being ready error messages.

Wait, the max height thing actually works?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Same but for ease of runs at triple triad dungeon drops. Levelling the trusts is a side bene. Oh, and getting all the dungeon drops is wonderful for my desynth levels

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cythereal posted:

Wait, the max height thing actually works?

For getting a constant text error message when at max altitude, yes.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

In terms of ease of healer levelling, I found SGE > AST > WHM = SCH. Maybe some bias on the Sage because I levelled almost exclusively with a friend leveling warrior, but even with pugs it was a breeze.

SGE's toolkit feels almost purpose-built for the new dungeons. Assuming an average amount of party DPS, Panhaima and Haima can be rotated between every wall pull, every use of them can be empowered by Krasis, and Kerachole -> Taurochole -> Kerachole is an extra 10% mitigation that'll cover the duration of even the most overlong pull.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

wait what does (pan)haima get from krasis? Aside from a buff to the closing heal effect ig

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Valentin posted:

wait what does (pan)haima get from krasis? Aside from a buff to the closing heal effect ig

anything that boosts healing ability amount will also buff the size of shields, because they're calculated like a heal of x potency.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
An interesting side effect of how the Haimas work is that the shield portion is unaffected by Rathalos's no-healing debuff.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Similarly, Divine Benison and The Blackest Night also work through that no-healing phase, and if you can reduce a fireball to 0 damage, you don't get a stack of the dot. I've saved runs by getting a shield on someone who got hit, stunned, and poisoned with ~5% hp left.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

as someone who always says you should snoop around the options of a new game for useful toggles, I can't believe I've missed the height error toggle since they've added flying. thanks for the tip!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Fiye posted:

Akh Morning. https://www.akhmorning.com The Balance also has its own website now as well here https://www.thebalanceffxiv.com/

To answer your question, you'll probably want to delay it by casting a Ruin 3 or two. I'm at 2.42 GCD and that's what I have to do. Keeping raid buffs aligned (And on bahamut no less) is probably worth more than hitting bahamut as soon as he's ready.

Nah that's basically it. The biggest thing is not clipping your searing light w/ bahamut but i've been living life on the edge and doing that with 50ms ping and I haven't eaten my searing light with bahamut.

Pet actions are a lot more responsive so it’s harder to ghost devotion than it used to be in just a normal standstill. but you can still do it by issuing a move command, hitting it, and then summoning bahamut. This actually comes up in this tier and likely future tiers because your carbuncle is constantly disappearing and reappearing where you are at the moment, so if you’re mid resolving something that puts you near the edge you likely have to move your pet to actually hit everyone

Also if your group wants to hold 2mins for more than just a gcd or two then you’re prolly just gonna have to pop bahamut and searing light afterwards, it really sucks cause your primal damage is so much lower

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
For WAR ovemelds, do DH and Tenacity still basically equal out?

e: also is there an ideal GCD? What's the best amount of SS for warrior?

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 17, 2022

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

For WAR ovemelds, do DH and Tenacity still basically equal out?

e: also is there an ideal GCD? What's the best amount of SS for warrior?

Crit > Det > Ten >>> DH. No need for SkS.

I just took this from the Balance FAQ.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

admanb posted:

Crit > Det > Ten >>> DH. No need for SkS.

I just took this from the Balance FAQ.

Last I saw that was still not updated for EW. I didn't know if there's anything different.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Warriors don't need DH because most of their big hits already direct crit and it doesn't scale up the damage, unlike crit itself. The change to inner release obviates the need to squeeze a bunch of GCDs into it, minimizing the need for SkS.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

SettingSun posted:

Warriors don't need DH because most of their big hits already direct crit and it doesn't scale up the damage, unlike crit itself. The change to inner release obviates the need to squeeze a bunch of GCDs into it, minimizing the need for SkS.

Yeah I knew I didn't need any DH particularly. I just didn't know if there was any speed to shoot for. I had overmelded a bunch of speed just for fun, but I'm trying out a bunch of tenacity in its place to see if it ups my overall dps. so far the loss of a few hundredths of a second of GCD has actually slowed down my SSS clears slightly, but I think the bigger individual hits will stack more with raid buffs.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Wrestlepig posted:

I really like going a bit historical, or at least renfaire, so I went for the scholarly tabard and slashed pantaloons. the ravel sleeves are fun to go wildly against that though

Dunno how to tell you this but your pantaloons are a sin eater cat.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

Last I saw that was still not updated for EW. I didn't know if there's anything different.

Ya it looks like it was only updated as of 12/31-1/6.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Either way I swapped out all my ss for tenacity and properly pentamelded my helm with det. 2205 crit, 2139 det, 1142 tenacity, and 400 skill speed. Double weaving has never been easier.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So when does WAR really start to become “I’m my own healer”?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Finished Stormblood. Why did it take an entire expansion for Cid to find a giant hole in the ground?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Finished Stormblood. Why did it take an entire expansion for Cid to find a giant hole in the ground?

all events in ffxiv take place Five Years Since the Calamity so it actually took him zero seconds to find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

So when does WAR really start to become “I’m my own healer”?

Raw Intuition and Equilibrium are picked up at 56 and 58, then when you get Nascent Flash at 76 and Raw Intuition turns into Bloodwhetting at 82. Really you only need Raw Intuition and a bunch of enemies but the other two are nice.