Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
i guess there's no other way for ze germans to do european integration given that the EU has somehow recreated the liberum veto if they wanna go about things in a more above board way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
holy poo poo

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19841925.secret-service-behind-barcelona-terror-attacks-says-ex-cop/

https://twitter.com/josepalay/status/1480947545836765186?s=20

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
lol what

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:pwn:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I wonder if there's a link to the danish intelligence chief's arrest

one case that's been in the news recently is Ahmed Samsam, who is currently in Spanish prison for terrorism, but he was sent to Spain as an agent of danish intelligence to spy on supposed islamists

danish intelligence allegedly told the editor of a danish paper that the chief had leaked info on that case, and warned them that they could be charged with treason as well if they repeated anything from him

what a mess

idk any english sources on Samsam but here's the danish wikipedia which summarizes the case
https://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Samsam

Carthag Tuek has issued a correction as of 23:48 on Jan 12, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

aren't "former police chiefs" notoriously crazy the world over

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
How reliable is that source because uhhh, what in the absolute gently caress?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lmfao

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Orange Devil posted:

How reliable is that source because uhhh, what in the absolute gently caress?

The National is very openly pro-Scottish independence (it was founded in 2014 because there was no Pro indy paper) and does openly support similar independence movements in places like Catalunya. But they are also owned by people that also own other newspapers that aren't pro-indy and I doubt they'd get away with just making this up.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
insane even if it's "just" that they allowed it to happen or thought it could be managed

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Spanish police are infamously repressive.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
similar poo poo has already been alleged some years ago, but of course it was quietly buried after people got distracted
https://www.catalannews.com/politics/item/mastermind-of-rambla-terror-attacks-was-informer-for-spanish-intelligence-say-reports

Honest Thief posted:

insane even if it's "just" that they allowed it to happen or thought it could be managed

even if nothing at all comes of this (CNI denied all involvement blabla) i expect catalonians to give spain the middle finger and secede. who's even gonna believe anything they say now? what a loving shitshow lmao

Truga has issued a correction as of 02:39 on Jan 13, 2022

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

forkboy84 posted:

The National is very openly pro-Scottish independence (it was founded in 2014 because there was no Pro indy paper) and does openly support similar independence movements in places like Catalunya. But they are also owned by people that also own other newspapers that aren't pro-indy and I doubt they'd get away with just making this up.

I doubt they mean the newspaper, there's no doubt that Villarejo said these things, he publicly stated them in court.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Yeah no I mean I don't expect good thing from intelligence agencies but this is still the kind of claim that needs some serious evidence to me. If for no other reason so that I don't sound like a conspiracy nut if I repeat it. I prefer to be a conspiracy realist.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

rofl, Claus Hjort Frederiksen, former minister of defense is also being charged now

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Carthag Tuek posted:

rofl, Claus Hjort Frederiksen, former minister of defense is also being charged now
For confirming that our intelligence services cooperated with the NSA and tried to turn themselves in to the sixth eye, not anything you should be thrown in jail for.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

A Buttery Pastry posted:

For confirming that our intelligence services cooperated with the NSA and tried to turn themselves in to the sixth eye, not anything you should be thrown in jail for.

yeah it's dumb as hell

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I'll take it, man deserves to suffer. Only justice we get is incidental anyway.

Curious how he recently said he wouldn't run again due to his sick wife. Must've known this was coming.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

BS, cops wouldn't do something like that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

What the gently caress Denmark

https://twitter.com/allanolingo/status/1482648556607524865?t=R7NzxaNVxUaUesl2RKkJsA&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ah, that's where Boris got the idea from.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

and that's our left wing.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Zodium posted:

and that's our left wing.

Dare I ask what your right wing's alternative looks like?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Orange Devil posted:

Dare I ask what your right wing's alternative looks like?

concentration camp on a remote island.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Zodium posted:

Please, hasn't Greenland suffered enough under the Danish occupation?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Zodium posted:

Also the island was contaminated and home to a research center for veterinary diseases, its only mainland connection a small ferry appropriately named VIRUS. The current concentration camps are located chiefly inside military training grounds so refugees can keep enjoying the soothing ambience of warfare.

I'd be hard-pressed to call the Social Democrats "left-wing" at this point, though. On several occasions they've wanted to go beyond proposals by the notoriously reactionary Danish People's Party. Indeed, this particular plan of bribing authoritarian regimes to detain Denmark's refugees was first fielded by them in 2015.

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

SplitSoul posted:

Also the island was contaminated and home to a research center for veterinary diseases.

Smells off. Something's rotten in the State of Denmark.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Denmark continues its proud tradition of being a forerunner in Scandinavian racism. the rest of us will follow in a few years

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Afghan evacuees in NL are also being housed on or very near a military training area so they get to enjoy the daily gunfire and/or explosions they have grown accustomed to.

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022
Good.

When are we closing those EU borders ? We need full population collaboration under the racist hegemony if we are going to keep the Others from taking our jawbs come the first wave of Völkerwnanderung caused by Climate Change !

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

I'd be hard-pressed to call the Social Democrats "left-wing" at this point, though. On several occasions they've wanted to go beyond proposals by the notoriously reactionary Danish People's Party. Indeed, this particular plan of bribing authoritarian regimes to detain Denmark's refugees was first fielded by them in 2015.
The difference between the Social Democrats and the Liberals is whether their voters are more likely to smell human urine or pig urine when going outside.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

... smell *like ...

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/FrancescoDonald/status/1483447868837044224

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

New emergency proposal under consideration by the Italian senate will earmark 20% of the government budget to the development of fully-immersive VR.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/malmesburyman/status/1482950095578537984

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

always check you got the right ssd plugged in

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Berlusconi will make anime real

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/PACE_News/status/1485592749814464512?t=laX2J_mGU_vUc-CFMHOibA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

He's got my vote. Unfortunately I live in Scotland so it doesn't count.