Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Read After Burning posted:

Denali's verse lives in my head rent-free, as does Joey following it up with "I'M A GAY-rear end BITCH, I'M JOEY JAY".

I had reason to be reading this thread while logged out and I'd forgotten about the word filter, which produced "I'M A GAY-rear end BITCH" and it took me a moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I've rewatched this week's lip sync like 10 times already. Deja hit every beat of that song. I hope this gives production more motivation to feature slower, ballady lip syncs. We're lucky to get even one a season.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/bbcthree/status/1483002187169116166

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Finally. The cast is amazing but I can’t help but think these season 1 UK girls are going to get eaten up by the other countries.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'm ready for Jujubee to get a sensible 74th runner up placement

I don't want to be biased, but the two queens repping US are two my of all time faves :911:

Cast is the most stacked since AS2 though

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jan 17, 2022

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I DIDN'T KNOW MONIQUE HEART WAS IN THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
This is such a good cast, I can't wait to see pangina perform in the show

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Her entrance line better be in this voice. Or hell her entire time there.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IAmMoniqueHeart/status/981245141443805184

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ah Lemon - my ultimate crush. :swoon:

Also not sure how this is UK vs the world. It's 2 UK, 2 Canada, 2 US, 1 Thai and 1 Dutch soooo? Guess Australia was so bad.... bring back Electra Shock an Anita Wigl'it

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 17, 2022

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Vintersorg posted:

Not sure on the winner - just another Davenport clone IMO. Would have easily handed it to Jasmine as their talent and runway knocked it out the park.

Yeaaahh same tbh
I just get the exact same vibes from every pageant queen that comes on, which shouldn't be surprising since pageants are selecting for exactly one extremely specific thing, I'm not excited yet.

That said I don't think I could really pick a winner either- I don't want to reward anyone for lip syncing (or prerecording a song :rolleyes:) in a goddamned talent show and the non lip syncs were just kinda eh this episode. I'd probably give it to the ballet.

This branding is so weird to me I just don't understand it. I'm guessing that it's the UK drag race branch that got the go ahead and Ru wants to make sure everyone knows it's not a "main" drag race entry?

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Hell yes JIMBO

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Nil, this cast is loving fire. Juju, Mo, Blu, Jimbo, Lemon, PANJINA. God I hope this season doesn’t get hosed.

Also, praying that Panjina breaks the “Asian” curse that has plagued Drag Race.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Blu and Cheryl were my favorites of UK Season 1. :dance:

angerbeet posted:

I had reason to be reading this thread while logged out and I'd forgotten about the word filter, which produced "I'M A GAY-rear end BITCH" and it took me a moment

Ha, I say "lovely" a lot and forget the word filter on SA uses that for "lovely".

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

I realized that this season's cast was amazing when nearly all of them showed up on my Insta feed this morning to announce because I was already following them

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

But really, I had no idea Mo, Juju, and Janey were competing I'M GAGGED. I might have forgotten Janey, but Mo and Juju weren't on the last lists I had seen (a while ago).

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

But really, I had no idea Mo, Juju, and Janey were competing I'M GAGGED. I might have forgotten Janey, but Mo and Juju weren't on the last lists I had seen (a while ago).

The list has remained the same as long as I've seen it, except for Envy Peru also being in the list.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
By the way, did anyone watch Orion Story's talent and think 'oh this bitch likes Chris Fleming'?

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

pangina.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The camera cutting to Maddy's face every time they said gay or queer in Untucked was super uncomfortable

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

panpan or I'm making everyone quit drag
(ok maybe Jimbo)

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Ru is gonna get threatened by Panpan and give him the dreaded vulnerable critique.

I have met Panpan and she puts up a wall.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Eej posted:

The camera cutting to Maddy's face every time they said gay or queer in Untucked was super uncomfortable

Right?! Like, I'm all for making fun of The Straights, but I don't think "straight ally listening to a group of LGBT+ folks share their experiences" is the time for shady camerawork or editing.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

big dyke energy posted:

By the way, did anyone watch Orion Story's talent and think 'oh this bitch likes Chris Fleming'?

Extremely.

Also I hate the (over)editing of the UK vs. World promo, and when I watched it this morning on Youtube I got immediately spoiled on one of my favorites being eliminated on a specific early episode. Just can't have nice things!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Maddy seems very nice and sweet and respectful, so I expect him to get a load of poo poo from the worst people.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Every time Maddy randomly references something relatively obscure that I happen to like, I love her more. Which seems to happen pretty often.

https://twitter.com/MaddyMorphosis/status/1483879474412376071

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Ok I’m going to have to watch season 14 now.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

More Maddy gold. She could've won the talent show with a slightly more developed version of this.

Also some behind-the-scenes info on her runway: https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7054313929249524998

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I knew she was on her knees during the critiques, and that there had to be some kind of mannequin holding the shape above her head but I didn't realize she was loving Half Life crouch walking down the runway the whole time. I have bad knees and even thinking about doing that makes them hurt, I can't imagine keeping it up for the 2 or 3 walks they do for the cameras, let alone standing on them for 3 and a half hours during critique.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Goddamn no wonder she had flats on.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, even Denali would have trouble doing that for an entire runway. The only thing is she probably should've made the skirt longer...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Goddamn, Maddy rules.

Yeah, the blues guitar should have included some noodling cause it was so dull but drat they are so loving creative. The Guy Fieri thing is top tier.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I usually listen to the Willam and Alaska Race Chaser podcast but christ, they are so hateful about EVERYTHING Maddy does and it’s so off-putting. Alaska does try to say a nice thing sometimes but still oof.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

the escape goat posted:

I usually listen to the Willam and Alaska Race Chaser podcast but christ, they are so hateful about EVERYTHING Maddy does and it’s so off-putting. Alaska does try to say a nice thing sometimes but still oof.

Considering the way Willam acts regarding bi contestants, I'm not surprised.

Dragula US tourdates have been announced, by the way!

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 20, 2022

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

the escape goat posted:

I'm not sure why you're surprised Willam would have poo poo to say, she's got no filter after all. Older queens went through a lot of poo poo thanks to straights so why would she be welcoming of them into a traditionally gay space? I'm willing to bet a lot (if not the majority?) of them feel this way but they're polite enough to not air those thoughts in public.

e: to clarify I'm not saying they should be making GBS threads on Maddy but I understand the reasoning behind it and it's not my call to judge on how they feel about how their community should be

Eej fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 21, 2022

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I think it’s just the vitriol in her delivery? She’s been wearing on my nerves for a while but idk.

Either way, looking forward to seeing where this season is going. Doesn’t feel like there are any “filler queens” which is exciting.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
So, here's the thing about this season. It's so loving good.

Also, Kerri's outfit with the feathers makes it look like she has copious amounts of armpit hair.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Season continuing to be very entertaining, both on the cast's part and Ru's. The ball was adequate, but definitely lacked the highs and lows of last year's.

I'm not so sure about this chocolate thing, though. It feels both too straightforward and unfair. And if they do the reveal after every single LSFYL, it's gonna be a huge moodkiller every time. Also, what if a queen who makes it to the end naturally got it (assuming it's not rigged)? Then it was completely pointless, unless it's still in play for the finale. On the other hand, it would've been hilarious if the winning bar was revealed right away.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I honestly thought Maddy was going to dig up some kind of immunity idol when she found "Santinos hat"

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

That's hilarious. June gave what, to me, sounded like a very practiced and fake-sounding welcome back to Orion Story and she ends up leaving first. With, what I can say, is a very bad lipsync. Super messy.

Also, as much as I love Maddy, those outfits were tres terrible and her lipsync really squeaked by. I don't think she's long for the competition unless she has the gold bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

gandlethorpe posted:

Season continuing to be very entertaining, both on the cast's part and Ru's. The ball was adequate, but definitely lacked the highs and lows of last year's.

I'm not so sure about this chocolate thing, though. It feels both too straightforward and unfair. And if they do the reveal after every single LSFYL, it's gonna be a huge moodkiller every time. Also, what if a queen who makes it to the end naturally got it (assuming it's not rigged)? Then it was completely pointless, unless it's still in play for the finale. On the other hand, it would've been hilarious if the winning bar was revealed right away.

My theory is that production is holding onto the chocolate bars, and will only hand out the gold bar when a production favorite is on the cusp of going home. The queens signing the bars was all a misdirection.