Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kiddo is Covid positive. She had some cold-like symptoms over the weekend. We thought that it might have been from the flu shot she got on Friday but decided to test her today before her therapist came over.

She's fine. Symptoms were pretty mild and are mostly gone now. Guess we just need to see if my wife or I get it, though that seems like a foregone conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

LeeMajors posted:

Or watching them wilt on their mild spring vacations to the Deep South.

It’s weird how infinitesimally small the gap between the Biden and Trump admins has become. Not that we didn’t see it coming.

Sadly I was seduced after inauguration by some of his more progressive overtones. Now I just want my 600$.

lol yes, that was the one positive about living in florida, i got to see so many new yorkers absolutely melt on fairly normal May afternoons. although the vast majority of the professional class types ive met since living in the northeast have never been to the south or the southwest, or even the midwest.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I have never "prepared" for a snow storm in my life.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

LeeMajors posted:

Or watching them wilt on their mild spring vacations to the Deep South.

It’s weird how infinitesimally small the gap between the Biden and Trump admins has become. Not that we didn’t see it coming.

Sadly I was seduced after inauguration by some of his more progressive overtones. Now I just want my 600$.

It's the tale of 2 totally different 6 month periods. The childcare tax credit was a huge (poorly implemented) win, the Biden administration did a phenomenal job ramping up vaccine production and getting shots in (willing) arms, and they even passed a badly needed infrastructure bill. Though smaller and means tested, a second Covid relief check went out. I fully believe that money combined with the child tax credit is responsible for a lot of the worker power that has resulted in the great resignation and union victories. All that is substantially better than what I thought we'd get from Biden. Then Delta hit and they gave up on everything. Tacking toward a "not our fault" approach on Covid, zero oversight on private sector corruption and profiteering, saying gently caress it on any student debt relief, and total failure to persuade congress to pass Build Back Better/Voting Reform or anything progressive. The congressional failures you can reasonably argue aren't the administration's fault. Problem there is the theory of government Joe Biden campaigned on was his ability to backslap and negotiate his way to needed legislation. Theory is not looking too hot now.

It feels like the Biden administration flipped all the way from their best to their worst case scenario in the span of one year. Wild stuff.

Also, come on folks. Those Psaki snow comments are really tame. That's the same poo poo everyone north of Ohio says every winter. Hell, TFF can't go through the season without posting that photo of an Atlanta highway in chaos due to a half inch of snow. Psaki is Amazon HR rep type scum, but this is a reaction to nothing.

Quiet Feet posted:

She's fine. Symptoms were pretty mild and are mostly gone now. Guess we just need to see if my wife or I get it, though that seems like a foregone conclusion.

Really glad to hear your daughter is doing well. It's a low probability thing, but the idea of my kidding getting really sick has personally been the worst part of this whole Pandemic.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jan 17, 2022

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Also, come on folks. Those Psaki snow comments are really tame. That's the same poo poo everyone north of Ohio says every winter. Hell, TFF can't go through the season without posting that photo of an Atlanta highway in chaos due to a half inch of snow. Psaki is Amazon HR rep type scum, but this is a reaction to nothing.

yea but she's supposed to represent the whole loving US not just assholes in the north. there's a reason conservatives in the south think all libs are condescending pricks and it's one of the few instances where they're not being delusional. by itself its not a huge deal its just yet another example of people who supposedly represent you being absolute dickheads to you.

like it takes two seconds of knowing anything about the infrastructure in the south to understand how/why light snow might cause chaos and as a federal spokesperson if you have an issue with it, you could idk offer federal aid to build up the infrastructure or summon the tiniest portion of empathy left in your rotten soul before speaking.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 17, 2022

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’d be more forgiving if I didn’t have to pull a bunch of northerners off carriage tours for heat exhaustion once it hits 77F.

Also those fluorescent pink tourist burns on their upper chest and behind their knees. I guess sunblock is not a thing up north.

______

The Biden heel turn is only stunning because they spent some time saying and doing some of the right things. Then they caved to their terminal centrist dementia.

The man spent his entire campaign making GBS threads on progressive causes and the young. It’s still disappointing though.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Everyone, it's time to shoot your shot

https://twitter.com/JohnHinckley20/status/1483098250500616199

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

People outside of the Midwest think everyone else who says things like that are also dickheads, just FYI. Maybe not a great look when you're the president's press secretary, but Psaki hasn't shown any kind of capacity for empathy before so why start now.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/GarlicCorgi/status/1482759019832000519?t=cvlHPZm0qA7FntRflWSdPQ&s=19

Not going to spoil this one!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

It would be really funny if his band ends up so good Jodie Foster develops an unrealizable crush on him.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

It would be really funny if his band ends up so good Jodie Foster develops an unrealizable crush on him.

It'd also be hilarious if the band ended up as like him, Sirhan Sirhan, Squeaky Fromme and some random guy who has no idea about the other 3's pasts, just really likes playing the drums

I want to be their Ringo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

This supposed clip sucks too much to be fake I think:

https://twitter.com/ErikRobson/status/1482890636315402253

so about this

https://twitter.com/winokungfu/status/1482930380881547266

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

C-Euro posted:

ngl I would watch an animated miniseries or whatever based on the concept work for Jodo's Dune. Some truly wild stuff in there.
If you loved that check out Incal by Jodoworsky & Moebius, then pray that this actually happens.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/suddenly_sleepy/status/1482903166572457990

nothing is sacred anymore

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Look, I got a kid to feed.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Happy MLK day btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrFOb_f7ubw

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I work on MLK day to honor John McCain

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

It'd also be hilarious if the band ended up as like him, Sirhan Sirhan, Squeaky Fromme and some random guy who has no idea about the other 3's pasts, just really likes playing the drums

John Hinckley, Sirhan Sirhan, Squeaky Fromme and Alex Navarro

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's absolutely not "nothing", because her words undercut preparedness efforts by local emergency managers, elected officials, and everyone up the line that urges people to take proper precautions when hazardous weather occurs. At best, it's lazy and stupid wording that should never be uttered by an administration professional, *especially* one whose job is communication with the public. At worst it's ignorance and callousness that allows the public to generalize negatively on how the federal executive branch will respond to natural disasters in general.

Just a really, really dumb thing to say that in a just world would cost her her job.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Really glad to hear your daughter is doing well. It's a low probability thing, but the idea of my kidding getting really sick has personally been the worst part of this whole Pandemic.

Thanks man. I think if she was in worse shape I'd be flipping my poo poo right now. Kinda anxious about how my wife gets through this as she's asthmatic. We're both vaxxed and boosted so hopefully we'll be okay.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alaois posted:

John Hinckley, Sirhan Sirhan, Squeaky Fromme and Alex Navarro

Another Dead Kennedy's cover? Hell yeah, let's give it to 'em!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

OJ Simpson ain’t doing all that much right now.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It’s less that what she said was abhorrent and more that if you are the PR person for the Administration you would think you’d have the skills to not make one the most basic PR mistakes imaginable. It’s emblematic of the Administration’s entire “this is what you get, shut up and take it” ethos.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Freaquency posted:

It’s less that what she said was abhorrent and more that if you are the PR person for the Administration you would think you’d have the skills to not make one the most basic PR mistakes imaginable. It’s emblematic of the Administration’s entire “this is what you get, shut up and take it” ethos.

Yes. It's a real unforced error. Nothing needed to be said. Absolutely no one cares what she thinks about this. Now you get a bunch of people talking about something stupid like this instead of doing something actually useful.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I guess so. To me it's hard for obnoxious northern snow snobiness to register in the wake of "What?!? You want us to give everybody Covid tests? Might as well give out free ice cream and blowjobs while we're at it." If Bernie Sanders let a similar comment slip it would be easy to chalk it up as a rare thoughtless moment. Seems like the context of Jen Psaki is doing the heavy lifting on this outrage.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I guess so. To me it's hard for obnoxious northern snow snobiness to register in the wake of "What?!? You want us to give everybody Covid tests? Might as well give out free ice cream and blowjobs while we're at it." If Bernie Sanders let a similar comment slip it would be easy to chalk it up as a rare thoughtless moment. Seems like the context of Jen Psaki is doing the heavy lifting on this outrage.

I will vote for the candidate that offers free ice cream and blowjobs.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Silly Burrito posted:

Bread and circuses for a truly modern nation

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kalli posted:

Varg is making a comeback

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Silly Burrito posted:

Eric Adams seems the sort that might do it and he for sure is one day going to be president.

https://twitter.com/BobSaietta/status/1483139138111033351?s=20

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Whoever said something about the Peacemaker intro being great, hard agree.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Varg is making a comeback

Sirhan Sirhan is too brown for his tastes.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/JerryDunleavy/status/1483124014381993985

Big "you, in fact, don't have to hand it to him" energy

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Kind of weird reading the thread in post your favorite about the choice between $10m or going back to when you are 6 years old with the knowledge you have now. It feels like taking the 10m is almost always the wrong choice financially, but a bunch of people seem to like it as an option. I am pretty sure if I went back to when I was 6 (1988) I could make wayyyyyy more than $10m on sports betting and stocks. I would not be surprised if I could reach $1B by now. Just convincing my parents to take a second mortgage and dumping it all into Amazon in 1997 would probably be well into 9 figures today, and that is just one event, not counting moving money around to other companies that peak at different times or betting every penny moneyline against the lions in 2008. The only drawback I could see is that there would really be no way to get your kids back, so you would have memories of the kids you had but they would also be completely gone. You could be the most prolific songwriter on earth, discover 20 blockbuster drugs, or whatever else your inside knowledge allows you to do to be essentially the most important person in the world.

I guess there could be butterfly effect stuff where Cody Ross knows the guy that is always right bet on him to hit 2 homeruns in the 2010 NCLS game 1, and then he thinks different thoughts and no longer hits the homeruns.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jan 17, 2022

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm not going back to being six because I really don't feel like reliving the last 30 years of the world with foresight and the knowledge of how powerless I truly am in the scope of the world.

I could just have $10M now and go live on a beach, instead.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I would definitely go back in time to when I was 6. Obviously you can make more money, but then I could tell my mom to go see the doctor maybe a month earlier so she doesn’t die of cancer. Tell Al Gore to teach people how to vote in Florida, and then attempt to warn someone about 9/11.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
with the exception of your mom (sorry buddy) literally nobody would listen to you about any of those things

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'd definitely go back to age 6, use my knowledge and become obscenely wealthy and powerful, almost definitely end up assassinated or owning blackwater and repurposing it to kidnap the most awful people on the planet so I can hunt them on my island.

The idea of going through puberty again but with the memories and knowledge of an adult sounds terrible though. Just pure hell from age 12-18 though. Can't date any of your classmates or girls you dated before, can't go hot for teacher.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
There's a series of books on Amazon called the Middle Falls Time Travel books (https://www.amazon.com/Unusual-Second-Life-Thomas-Weaver-ebook/dp/B01J8FBONO). It's sort of like this, although with no 10 million dollars. People live their lives over and over, sometimes getting rich, sometimes getting famous, usually screwing up things.

Give me the 10 million every day. Even when you think you know what will happen, just see what happened to the guys in Hot Tub Time Machine. Things go tits up y'all.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'd split the difference, take $5M and go back to age 12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

10m now as I don’t want to be butterfly effected into loving up because I believe I know what is going to happen.