Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/LDuWM8s.mp4
Sound on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sagebrush posted:

Basically it's just very calm hitler.jpeg

:nws:

https://i.imgur.com/8eQ8mA9.jpg

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

One of the big reasons I think it was genuinely made by a bodybuilding guy is because the "fat and unhealthy" tumblr lady is drawn with a totally unremarkable body, even a on the slimmer side for an American, while only about one in fifty thousand people look like that "fit and healthy" bodybuilder, and most people would consider his body freakish and grotesque. Both of those choices smack of bodybuilder-type body dysmorphia.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

:five:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Alternatively its just a poo poo meme made by an idiot and we don't need psychoanalysis and gymnastics to convince ourselves an $undesirable_faction was respinsible

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Blut und Beckenboden

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Mr. Crow posted:

Alternatively its just a poo poo meme made by an idiot and we don't need psychoanalysis and gymnastics to convince ourselves an $undesirable_faction was respinsible

Sounds like something a bodybuilder would say

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sagebrush posted:

One of the big reasons I think it was genuinely made by a bodybuilding guy is because the "fat and unhealthy" tumblr lady is drawn with a totally unremarkable body, even a on the slimmer side for an American, while only about one in fifty thousand people look like that "fit and healthy" bodybuilder, and most people would consider his body freakish and grotesque. Both of those choices smack of bodybuilder-type body dysmorphia.

But he looks flabby and weak :confused:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Sagebrush posted:

Sounds like something a bodybuilder would say

gently caress I wish I'm like 30lbs to fat

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

watching you creatures attempt to dissect memes is like watching a gang of bonobos trying to figure out a sextant

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

watching you creatures attempt to dissect memes is like watching a gang of bonobos trying to figure out a sextant

they would have sex with it

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

lol

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

This is exactly what I expected

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It's very clearly this one:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i like border memes.

namibia: what up zimbabwe u my bro
zimbabwe: fist bump lol
angola: hey can i hold hands with my friend botswana
namibia: ...
namibia: ...nah

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

lol

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

i like border memes.

namibia: what up zimbabwe u my bro
zimbabwe: fist bump lol
angola: hey can i hold hands with my friend botswana
namibia: ...
namibia: ...nah

AKSHUALLY

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

I know I should be offended by this but I spotted the syllable "sex-" and started hooting and brachiating everywhere

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by2O3WVkc6M

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Not pictured: Angola

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://i.imgur.com/oD9hgux.gifv

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Maps of Africa are inaccurate? Shocking.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

The Gambia is the king of "gently caress you" borders. Sucks to be Senegal.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Give that taxidermist a raise.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PUT

HIM

BACK

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
France and Greece have flipped. :gaysper:💉

Meanwhile elsewhere

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I went to donate blood once and they turned me away because my heart rate was too high, since I'd biked there. So I waited a few days and came back via car. A week later, they said they threw my blood out and I can never donate anything ever again, because it had too much Hepatitis-B antigen in it.

Because I was vaccinated against Hepatitis-B.

:argh:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

CPColin posted:

I went to donate blood once and they turned me away because my heart rate was too high, since I'd biked there. So I waited a few days and came back via car. A week later, they said they threw my blood out and I can never donate anything ever again, because it had too much Hepatitis-B antigen in it.

Because I was vaccinated against Hepatitis-B.

:argh:

That day?

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
I guess you aren't Type O:aaaaa: or they'd be kidnapping you from the sidewalks.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

When I got to college in 2000, since I wasn't 18 yet. No idea why being 18 already got everybody else a free pass.

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

I guess you aren't Type O:aaaaa: or they'd be kidnapping you from the sidewalks.

I think they said I was O+ (the most common one) in the same note as they said they tossed my donation. Whatever the deal, I got further bloodwork done and the results were indicated as something like "consistent with immunization", rather than "has Hep-B".

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
I just checked my records and I have a fairly common type as well (according to the little home testing kit, since one drop of my blood would explode a blood mobile): A+. Second only to O+. Both are around 35%. Fairly high probability that it would go to good use rather quickly.

There are some things they can't reasonably screen for (beef brain disease from the 80s), and they obviously want to focus on useful collection (so permanently excluding vampirism, HIV, etc). Not pointing at any specific organization (someone brought up red cross, who's on record as pushing against the federal regulations).

I'm just amused at the boy-cried-wolfism. Masks, vaccines, blood.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
If you're O+ or A+ there's a good chance your blood will get used, but those also get donated the most so they tend to sit on the shelf. If you're O- it will definitely get used. If you're AB+ it will probably rot before it gets used. However if you are AB+ you should probably donate platelets rather than whole blood. They tend to like AB platelets for some reason

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Heath posted:

If you're O+ or A+ there's a good chance your blood will get used, but those also get donated the most so they tend to sit on the shelf. If you're O- it will definitely get used. If you're AB+ it will probably rot before it gets used. However if you are AB+ you should probably donate platelets rather than whole blood. They tend to like AB platelets for some reason

AB plasma is the one you can give to anyone in a hurry and you won't kill the patient and if you hosed up you can undo it later.

It's very, very useful.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
:cheers:

ps vvv Thank you for summarizing (and the goon above as well). I can read all the rules but it's difficult to tell what they actually need and use. I'm browsing calendars and locations just in case.

PhantomOfTheCopier has a new favorite as of 01:25 on Jan 18, 2022

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Heath posted:

When you donate via the Red Cross and are signed up with their system, they email you with how your blood is used. I'm A+ and usually give whole blood (they prefer platelets for A+ but the nearest site that does them isn't close). They pretty much always use it within a few weeks, especially with stocks being low.

Definitely ask by your type what kind of donation you can give, though. If you're any O, A- or B- they want the double red donation where you give extra red blood cells but they centrifuge out the rest to put back in you.There are stricter height/weight requirements than regular donations, so may not apply if you're a small woman or very small man. As said, if you're AB they want your plasma.

Also, the type indicates how often you can give. Red is eight weeks, double red is 16, plasma is four weeks, and platelets you can do every week if you want.

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/how-to-donate/types-of-blood-donations.html

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

See this is why you get thrown into plinko, horse.