Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Larryb posted:

From what I've heard the dialogue in that clip is apparently an edit, what did the guy say in the actual scene out of curiosity?

No that's not an edit.
It's in in the beginning of the episode on MLK, Reutrn of the King. Season 1 Episode 9.
Huey is explaining the legacy of MLK before going into the show's premise: MLK wasn't killed, instead put in a coma and wakes up in present day, then 2006.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

REPEAT AFTER ME, VACCINES ARE SAFE AND EFFECTIVE UNTIL THEY’RE NOT

Scott Adams, the creator of the popular comic strip ‘Dilbert,’ defended getting vaccinated against Covid because he believes in science. Apparently the cartoonist and self-proclaimed hypnotist was himself hypnotized by the legacy media and corrupt medical experts such as Fauci. They convinced him to get the jabs. Had he carried out any kind of independent research, he might have made a smarter decision.

I didn’t know any of this since I no longer follow Adams, and he blocked GrrrGraphics on his twitter feed back in 2019, but I came across a disturbing video that he posted on YouTube. He may be experiencing some injection remorse, but his pride will not let him admit it. Not completely. He begrudgingly said we anti-vax types may be right, but we were right ‘accidentally’ and we’re still stupid compared to him. Fine—that’s his opinion and he’s entitled to it.

What disturbed me most was watching him launch into a blistering, purple-faced tirade while using extremely foul language—just because some woman on the streaming comment section questioned his wisdom for getting the experimental and grossly under-tested mRNA pokes. He called the woman the ‘C’ word and insulted her husband and family. It was grotesque to hear him say these things and I will not repost his words here.

Then he seemed to collect himself and I even thought he would apologize to the lady and his audience, but no. He seem to take satisfaction with his foul-mouthed performance. He said it would cost him about $1,000 because YouTube would no doubt demonetize his segment, but he said it was ‘worth it.’ At this point the little respect I had for Adams plummeted. Does he have any idea how many conservatives have been demonetized then banned completely from social media just because they did their research and were trying to tell the truth about the vaccines? Isn’t it telling that Adams was thinking at that moment not of the health or free speech of others but rather the money he might lose? Adams is a millionaire fifty times over and he’s married to a supermodel half his age, yet THAT was his concern? Dogbert would not approve.

4chan’s ‘/pol’ promptly raked Adams through the coals and I know what that’s like, but Adams truly deserved their rebuke. Adams fancies himself a man of brilliance, but he failed to do his homework on the Covid vaccines, which are neither safe nor effective. They are killing a great many.

I’m three months older than Adams, but this isn’t a Boomer thing. It’s a vax cult vs. vax freedom and we will probably see the divide widened still further as time goes on. The pro-vax camp tends to demonize the anti-vaxxers. Apparently their vaccines won’t work until everyone has had them.

I will never take the jabs and I have natural immunity, having had Covid last summer. Scott appears to be in good physical shape. With all his millions of dollars he can certainly afford to got to the gym and work on his tan. That’s great. He could easily survive Covid like I did, but he instead chose to get dangerous substances jammed into his arm. Good luck with that, decision, Scott. I think we should have the freedom of choice and once we relinquish that the totalitarians will control our health for us. I want the final say about what goes into my body, but people such as Fauci and Gates want to make that decision for us.

If Adams is truly are as smart as he says he is, he will admit he made a mistake. Oh—and have more respect for women. C’mon, man…apologize.

— Ben Garrison

Paragon of morality and ethics, that Dogbert.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bring on the political cartoonist civil war.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gruckles posted:

The premise of the episode it's taken from is actually "I think if MLK Jr. was alive today he would..." The guy is berating MLK, who has awoken from a coma, and gets the chair right after telling him to shut up and claiming to be "fair and balanced."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_zkurs2vVQ

Huh, I could have sworn I saw someone on here claim it was an edit a while back. That's about what I figured then, thanks.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Nice to see that even Great Britain is slapping "gate" on the end of political scandals now. :shepface:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Jagged Jim posted:

Nice to see that even Great Britain is slapping "gate" on the end of political scandals now. :shepface:

...now? We've been doing that for about as long as the US. We even had a gategate, where an unloved advisor yelled at the cops manning the gate to Downing street.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ben Garrison, famous for his respectfulness towards women.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Quoted by a duck whose entire mantra is "hate your enemies as much as possible"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
That's why Tinsley would go off about Squirrel Appreciation Day instead of acknowledging that MLK existed, because that strip looks really loving dumb when you remember the multiple strips Tinsley drew where he depicted minorities as sharks or carnivorous dinosaurs, and liberals as the dumb prey going "Maybe they're nice people!"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

How mad is Tinsley today that his cartoon wasn't a rant about lazy government workers taking off "Squirrel Appreciation Day"

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

You wanna take a moment and Google that FDR quote, Gary? No? Just going by memory? Cool, cool.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Raised By Birds posted:

BenG posted:

4chan’s ‘/pol’ promptly raked Adams through the coals and I know what that’s like, but Adams truly deserved their rebuke.

lmao that this is his immediate follow-up to a rant about cancel culture

it's almost as if he don't care what happens to other people's platforms save how it may affect his own

Larryb posted:

Huh, I could have sworn I saw someone on here claim it was an edit a while back. That's about what I figured then, thanks.

I mean it technically is an edit in that it does not contain any part of the dialogue verbatim, and instead has one new line that broadly sums it up. Could be what they meant.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Warning: don't go into /pol, it's not a good place.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Googling it is what people are going to do anyways and I always found this"gaff" to be reasonable advice

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

This politoon isn’t super clever or funny but I sure like those critter sketches

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

How mad is Tinsley today that his cartoon wasn't a rant about lazy government workers taking off "Squirrel Appreciation Day"
He’s probably in a hospital being kept in a perpetual state of inebriation lest alcohol withdrawal cause a cascade of fatal seizures. So to him EVERY DAY IS SQUIRREL APPRECIATION DAY :toot:

(But seriously, if you have a chronic drinking problem, don’t quit cold turkey)

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Jack Ohman

Scott Stantis

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

Bidenomics
This is Biden’s America, empty store shelves, High gas prices, and out-of-control inflation.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I loving wish.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
A decade of reading this thread and I think this year's the one where I finally crack. I don't which is will be: climate denialism, COVID denialism, or the idea that "bloodthirsty corporate capitalism that expresses its bigotry in more subtle ways than we prefer" represents the extreme left of the political spectrum.

It's all so... exhausting.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

recipient of the 'bare minimum standard' award for mlk cartoons

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Any interest in a kellies kategory for "worst racial lip service"? I'm trying to think of ways to break down the gaslighting category, and some of these...yeesh.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Vib Rib posted:

Quoted by a duck whose entire mantra is "hate your enemies as much as possible"

I mean, I cant see it as anything but "you MUST forgive all the poo poo I do! MLK demands it!!!!!" before spending the rest of the week railing against CRT

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
That could theoretically be a category, but it would always go to whatever cartoon Ramirez produces in response to a high-profile racist murder by a cop/wannabe cop, and if he doesn't make one that year, his MLK Jr. day cartoon

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Raised By Birds posted:

Paragon of morality and ethics, that Dogbert.

Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

One can only hope. Is Scott Adams even aware of Garrison?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

By popular demand posted:

One can only hope. Is Scott Adams even aware of Garrison?

He's blocked Ben at some point :v:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Along with possibly half the planet, is Scoot aware of this current challenge to his (huh) good name?

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

How many times do you think Scott Adams googles himself each day? I'm thinking 4 at the absolute bare minimum.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
This is the scott adams who has been caught making accounts on message boards pretending to be someone else defending him, scott adams is aware of anyone insulting him anywhere on the globe like a spidey sense

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Libra posted:

How many times do you think Scott Adams googles himself each day? I'm thinking 4 at the absolute bare minimum.

one time, but he spends multiple hours doing it. probably just part of the daily schedule

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Angepain posted:

This is the scott adams who has been caught making accounts on message boards pretending to be someone else defending him, scott adams is aware of anyone insulting him anywhere on the globe like a spidey sense

Expect a PM from a newly registered user by lunchtime.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Hey Scoots, you're definitely rich enough to burn through user accounts. just bury Jeffrey under piles of :10bux:

Sargon of TN
Nov 7, 2011
Is it a good time to pull out the old cartoons that show how much conservatives hated MLK when he was alive?

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
it's always a good time for that

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1483207628255744000

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1483435548991647744

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Terry Pratchett posted:

Sometimes it’s like watching a wasp land on a stinging nettle: someone’s going to get stung and you don’t care.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

As someone who buys groceries weekly.... what are they talking about?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

HootTheOwl posted:

As someone who buys groceries weekly.... what are they talking about?

decades of Just-In-Time supply chains crumpled the second there was a real problem so there are out of stocks in stores now, but this is the president's fault

sometimes the out of stocks are due to strikes because people are finally going wait one loving second if i'm essential why the gently caress do you pay me like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Also having to buy a different flavor of coffee from the one you normally do means that the shelves are empty and people are starving