Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Countblanc posted:

all events in ffxiv take place Five Years Since the Calamity so it actually took him zero seconds to find it.

Oh no...

I think that means we're undergoing Time Kompression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Countblanc posted:

all events in ffxiv take place Five Years Since the Calamity so it actually took him zero seconds to find it.
wasn't the hole dug when Omega landed after its fight with Shinryu ? Plus they had the whole "oh this region has troubles, if only a warrior of light would be so kind to eradicate any hostiles in the nearby area" to wait for

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

So I was a little skeptical about the new MCH opener but I gotta say, feels good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuTfPDYutt0

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

So I was a little skeptical about the new MCH opener but I gotta say, feels good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuTfPDYutt0

:hmmyes:

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

RME posted:

Also if your group wants to hold 2mins for more than just a gcd or two then you’re prolly just gonna have to pop bahamut and searing light afterwards, it really sucks cause your primal damage is so much lower

I'm so glad they deleted Phoinix adds from fflogs. Haven't seen any other parts of the fight where this has been a major issue but maybe I'll get slapped upside the head during reclears.

Fiye fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jan 18, 2022

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
5.3 Lyna :saddowns:

e: 5.3 the realization that Krile and Tataru are two lalafells arguing about their tall friends :saddowns:

suuma fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 18, 2022

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

suuma posted:

5.3 Lyna :saddowns:

e: 5.3 the realization that Krile and Tataru are two lalafells arguing about their tall friends :saddowns:

You should check this short story out then https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/tales_from_the_shadows/sidestory_02/

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
201 triple triad cards. Getting closer.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Fiye posted:

I'm so glad they deleted Phoinix adds from fflogs. Haven't seen any other parts of the fight where this has been a major issue but maybe I'll get slapped upside the head during reclears.

are you doing this to bait me

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
snuck in a P3S clear right before reset

it's a good fight, except for all the tankbusters, which suck

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

snuck in a P3S clear right before reset

it's a good fight, except for all the tankbusters, which suck

what, do you not like oversensitive tethers

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
I've recently gotten both SGE and AST to 90 within a few days of eachother and honestly, comparatively, I don't feel like AST having 'A couple of better oh poo poo buttons' over SGE is a good enough payoff for how much administration you have to do as AST before you can actually maybe drop a Gravity II on a pack compared to SGE who'se really got a strong 'Set it and Forget it' playstyle, with less buttons to manage and less administrative overhead. SGE's actual skills and abilities arent 'Overpowered' what's OP about SGE is how much less brain work it takes to play the class decently. I feel like I've been owned by this because I've got some sort of sunken cost metric going on in my brain about how this is so much more enjoyable to play than AST. (I know AST is a better pure damage healer by miles, but still.)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kaubocks posted:

what, do you not like oversensitive tethers

I don't mind that, my static is pretty good about it

I just don't have enough true north for it

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Time for new Heavensward LP, after a small delay due to personal stuff and also this update being quite long to cover a lot of stuff.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Ape Fist posted:

I've recently gotten both SGE and AST to 90 within a few days of eachother and honestly, comparatively, I don't feel like AST having 'A couple of better oh poo poo buttons' over SGE is a good enough payoff for how much administration you have to do as AST before you can actually maybe drop a Gravity II on a pack compared to SGE who'se really got a strong 'Set it and Forget it' playstyle, with less buttons to manage and less administrative overhead. SGE's actual skills and abilities arent 'Overpowered' what's OP about SGE is how much less brain work it takes to play the class decently. I feel like I've been owned by this because I've got some sort of sunken cost metric going on in my brain about how this is so much more enjoyable to play than AST. (I know AST is a better pure damage healer by miles, but still.)

Haven't levelled them to 90 yet but yeah, sage just feels great. The entire time I was playing it from 70-80 it just felt really smooth and immediately clicked with me. Like if all the things that healing normally requires in this game, Sage did them the easiest with the least muss and fuss. Really just felt like decadent convenience and I am pretty excited to get back to it after shelving it for other roles once I got it to 80 back around launch.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

RME posted:

are you doing this to bait me

If I was good at this game I'd be playing RDM and not SMN.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Have people started actually doing the story dungeons in Bozja yet, or is that still basically nothing but fate grinds?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Consummate Professional posted:

201 triple triad cards. Getting closer.

I think I need like 3 more unique NPCs, no idea where they are because I've done every available side quest, and I don't remember how many card but they're all either dungeon/raid drops or bought with bicolor gemstones at this point.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/RedSinistra/status/1483139556064915457?t=5Qh5vQWKRRVtMGyQizaSNg&s=19

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

the_steve posted:

I think I need like 3 more unique NPCs, no idea where they are because I've done every available side quest, and I don't remember how many card but they're all either dungeon/raid drops or bought with bicolor gemstones at this point.

They could be locked behind Eureka, Beast Tribes, or Blue Mage.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yesterday night I finished getting all jobs to 90, this morning, ARR sightseeing log done.

I guess my next target will be Eureka and TT? (Started Pyros and got like 8 levels last night)

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Oxyclean posted:

Yesterday night I finished getting all jobs to 90, this morning, ARR sightseeing log done.

this is an insane thing, I just started doing this the other day and it's like...go gently caress yourself, ARR sightseeing log!!!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

I hope they make grape earrings at some point.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Deathlove posted:

this is an insane thing, I just started doing this the other day and it's like...go gently caress yourself, ARR sightseeing log!!!
https://tylian.net/sslog/
https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Sightseeing_Log

Both of these helped me greatly. The first basically tries to figure out when you'll have a window to grab them, including the weather condition - I don't know exactly how it works cause most of the time it's right, but a few times it's been wrong, and will change as the window gets close, presumably because the weather prediction was wrong? But also a few times it changed, only for the conditions in-game to actually be right.

The second link has better descriptions of the locations, in some cases you might need to do some jumping, in many you can now just fly to the spot.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

HackensackBackpack posted:

I hope they make grape earrings at some point.

Or an event with low poly grape weapons as rewards.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Tremors posted:

Or an event with low poly grape weapons as rewards.

The shield is just one side of the grape crystal.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Oxyclean posted:

https://tylian.net/sslog/
https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Sightseeing_Log

Both of these helped me greatly. The first basically tries to figure out when you'll have a window to grab them, including the weather condition - I don't know exactly how it works cause most of the time it's right, but a few times it's been wrong, and will change as the window gets close, presumably because the weather prediction was wrong? But also a few times it changed, only for the conditions in-game to actually be right.

The second link has better descriptions of the locations, in some cases you might need to do some jumping, in many you can now just fly to the spot.

Oh, I have a different Using Plugins way, but I finished one last night and it was like three hours until some were up next, and some where it was like twelve hours, and I was just like...come on!!!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Deathlove posted:

Oh, I have a different Using Plugins way, but I finished one last night and it was like three hours until some were up next, and some where it was like twelve hours, and I was just like...come on!!!

That raucous laughter you hear is diehard fishers reacting to thinking a twelve hour wait for a window is long. :v:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kyrosiris posted:

That raucous laughter you hear is diehard fishers reacting to thinking a twelve hour wait for a window is long. :v:

*stares in Warden of the Seven Hues*

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

the_steve posted:

*googles*

Holy loving :laffo:

Man, achievement chasing for fishing is some wild-rear end nonsense, my god.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I almost got SGE to 80 and it still confuses me lol. I think part of is that the skill names all sound similar and don’t “describe” what they do. Like on paper I don’t know the difference between diagnosis or prognosis or haima or dosis or whatever unless I’m looking at the tooltips. I think once I get to 80 I’ll need to look up some videos on how to properly play the job so I get a better understanding of it, cause right now I’m afraid to even go leveling dungeons lol

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Sage is pretty cryptic at first, and the first job quest is pretty bad at explaining what you’re expected to do. It took me a solid ~8 levels of 40~70 dungeon healing for me to really understand what the gently caress was going on, and even then I had to look up guides and mull over the tooltips for a good bit.

I can tell it’s powerful and useful, but it could stand to be more clearly explained. That’s why I bounced off it initially.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Just delete all your hotbars and readd them one at a time once you understand the skill you put on. It's an incredibly simple job, if not for the names.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This is a really good "how to Sage" video that really helped me wrap my head around it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPjdwUgwncI

That said I don't really remember many of the names beyond like Kerachole and Haima. I just know which button on my keyboard does what thing and I've kept it mostly consistent with Scholar when applicable (for example, I have C bound to Sacred Soil for Scholar and Kerachole for Sage, and shift+E bound to Indomitability for Scholar and, uh, whatever the equivalent is for Sage that I cannot remember the name of, Ixochole maybe?) so I can just remember which button does what without having to think about the names.

That's true for a lot of jobs for me, though. I know the names of all of Gunbreaker's defensive cooldowns but very few of its attacks. I know we got the 1-2-3 that probably has names, and the cartridge combo starts with Gnashing Fang but I don't remember the rest, and Continuation certainly does have names for its moves...

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

Man, achievement chasing for fishing is some wild-rear end nonsense, my god.

It's usually the only thing that keeps me playing after I finish MSQ, and is the greatest pursuit a person can have in this game.

Ruby Dragon is way worse than Warden, when I was trying to catch it before Shadowbringers came out it was down for over 20 days. I managed to get it about a week before Shadowbringers.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I almost got SGE to 80 and it still confuses me lol. I think part of is that the skill names all sound similar and don’t “describe” what they do. Like on paper I don’t know the difference between diagnosis or prognosis or haima or dosis or whatever unless I’m looking at the tooltips. I think once I get to 80 I’ll need to look up some videos on how to properly play the job so I get a better understanding of it, cause right now I’m afraid to even go leveling dungeons lol

For 70-80 you should have trusts as an option for some training to get the basic rhythm down. If you've played another healer, what helped for me was trying to match binds to function between my healers where possible.

It might help to break down spamable vs cooldowns.
Diagnosis and Prognosis are your spammable heals. (ST and AOE respectively)
Dosis is your spammable damage.

Eurkrasia alters the function of your spammables - heals become shields, damage becomes a dot.

Cooldowns kind of break down into a few categories, AOE/ST, Addersgall vs. not. (addersgall being the charges you accrue over time.)
-chole spells use addersgall and come in direct healing and damage reduction varieties.
Taurchole and Kerachole are ST and AOE damage reducers (with added healing)
Druchole and Ixochole are basically like the WHM Lily ST and AOE heals.

Haima and Panhaima both apply a big shield that heals and refreshes each time it's consumed.

And thats like the majority of your kit; a few function with AOE and ST flavors. There's a handful of remaining ogcd cooldowns that you kinda just need to figure out where to fit in mentalty just like every other healer.

Also, besides WHM I dont think the other healers are much better in terms of spells describing what they do.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Kyrosiris posted:

the_steve posted:

haha, I knew it was bad, but

ha ha

haaaaaaaa

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I just put my sage buttons where other similar buttons for the other healers are

So diagnosis goes where Cure 2 goes, prognosis goes where Helios goes, etc

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

I just put my sage buttons where other similar buttons for the other healers are

So diagnosis goes where Cure 2 goes, prognosis goes where Helios goes, etc

Yeah. I do this for everything but AST where I move a few things around to make Draw less awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Fiye posted:

If I was good at this game I'd be playing RDM and not SMN.

I'm lmaoing at this