Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

i'm gonna put the stephen root one on my wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Cross-Section posted:

i'm gonna put the stephen root one on my wall

Put a red Swingline nearby, rumor is he’s still looking for it.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i like his big space cigarette

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Can't wait for a Stephen Root action figure. Hopefully Hot Toys makes one too!! A $300 Stephen Root figure!!!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Vintersorg posted:

Can't wait for a Stephen Root action figure. Hopefully Hot Toys makes one too!! A $300 Stephen Root figure!!!

The Danny Trejo figure is gonna come with a rancor plush

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Shows already lost me, baby rancor was right there and they didn't go for it

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Tiberius Christ posted:

Shows already lost me, baby rancor was right there and they didn't go for it

Bad Batch already did the baby rancor angle though

https://twitter.com/ChrisAdamsMLP/status/1481192897458356224

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 17, 2022

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

God I cannot wait for more Bad Batch.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

God I cannot wait for more Bad Batch.

There still hasn't been any word on a release date for Season 2 yet has there (I can't imagine it'll be too much longer now at least)?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

shades of eternity posted:

Robert

Please say the final gang is these guys.

:D

Bring back Kybo Ren.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Robot Style posted:

Bring back Kybo Ren.

TIL

ahahaha of course this character exists

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Larryb posted:

There still hasn't been any word on a release date for Season 2 yet has there (I can't imagine it'll be too much longer now at least)?

Maybe when this gets closer to winding down but it's all quiet afaik.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Probably May 4th or at Celebration

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I have a terrible habit of looking at comments on social media just cause I'm curious, and apparently there's a lot of anger that Boba's new gang is a bunch of "LGBT youth and woke liberals."

I'm just astonished at trying to imagine how on earth any idiot could have drawn that interpretation from anything in the episode, but in the end it's just gross teenage white boys who are Cara Dune supporting Star Wars fans.

I.e., they don't actually like Star Wars and their opinions are meaningless and stupid but boy are they not afraid to diarrhea them all over the internet.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Star Wars fandom has been broken, stupid, and worthless since Disney announced the sale and it somehow got even worse after 1) they relegated the EU to Legends (because of course they did, why willingly limit the stories you can tell with your new IP?) and 2) after The Last Jedi came out and the internet decided it was somehow a massive soy boy gently caress you to old fans somehow.

gently caress the fans.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The Star Wars fandom has been broken, stupid, and worthless since Disney announced the sale and it somehow got even worse after 1) they relegated the EU to Legends (because of course they did, why willingly limit the stories you can tell with your new IP?) and 2) after The Last Jedi came out and the internet decided it was somehow a massive soy boy gently caress you to old fans somehow.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

gently caress the fans.

This fandom has been toxic since long before Disney ever got their hands on it, it’s just become a bit more vocal as of late

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

This fandom has been toxic since long before Disney ever got their hands on it, it’s just become a bit more vocal as of late

Ah the prevalence of social media.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Of course this is all true, I just simply can't wrap my mind around seeing a youth street gang with brightly colored vehicles and thinking "they must be hella gay libs forced down our throat by SJW Rodriguez."

Like the Fast and Furious franchise is mindlessly dumb but I don't think a bunch of fragile dudes watched them and immediately trashed them to being too homoerotic (they super are).

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

tbf it's gay like Top Gun was gay

which is to say super gay but you're not going to have even a same same kiss that you can cut for the foreign markets

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
They are still hurting from the Sequels and are projecting hard, I think.

Because I'm so looking forward with a bag of popcorn to when Boba gets his Vette and it's just as brightly colored as the Space Mod's Scooters. :D

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hazo posted:

Of course this is all true, I just simply can't wrap my mind around seeing a youth street gang with brightly colored vehicles and thinking "they must be hella gay libs forced down our throat by SJW Rodriguez."

Like the Fast and Furious franchise is mindlessly dumb but I don't think a bunch of fragile dudes watched them and immediately trashed them to being too homoerotic (they super are).

One of them is a woman and one of the guys isn't white.

That's it.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 18, 2022

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

shades of eternity posted:

They are still hurting from the Sequels and are projecting hard, I think.

Because I'm so looking forward with a bag of popcorn to when Boba gets his Vette and it's just as brightly colored as the Space Mod's Scooters. :D

we discussed this. fett's vette is a rancor

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

Kesper North posted:

we discussed this. fett's vette is a rancor

But it will be in an armored suit of Belkar that's a primary color. :D

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hazo posted:

Like weren't all these same dorks all up on Rodriguez's dick last year because he made Boba Fett badass again?

Also the hilarious part about Fast and Furious is that it's also one of the most ethnically and gender diverse major film franchises in recent history and nobody seems to notice it. It seems to skid away from the nerd rage, no pun intended, because it's not really a "nerd" franchise like Star Wars, Marvel, or Star Trek is. (Thought it IS a stealth D&D mega-campaign, and I have a giant insane theorypost to prove it)

Larryb posted:

Like legit, the entire reason Disney even loving OWNS Star Wars now in the first place was because George Lucas got tired of dealing with this same swirling toilet of screeching hemorrhoid waste and literally said "Why the hell would I ever make another Star Wars film if all anyone is going to do is complain about it?" and then started auctioning off the rights to whoever would pay him the most amount of money for it.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
My biggest memory of the prequel era was when a bunch of toxic nerds realized seeing new Star Wars didn't literally turn back the clock and make them kids again, concluded that the problem must be that these were kids movies while original Star Wars was serious science fiction for grownups, and then slowly convince themselves RotJ was a bad movie just to piece together the new theory in their head.

Though the best knot of Star Wars fandom I saw today was someone complain that BoB violated years of Star Wars worldbuilding by having zippers, then someone else pointed out that ESB had zippers.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Killer robot posted:

My biggest memory of the prequel era was when a bunch of toxic nerds realized seeing new Star Wars didn't literally turn back the clock and make them kids again, concluded that the problem must be that these were kids movies while original Star Wars was serious science fiction for grownups, and then slowly convince themselves RotJ was a bad movie just to piece together the new theory in their head.

Though the best knot of Star Wars fandom I saw today was someone complain that BoB violated years of Star Wars worldbuilding by having zippers, then someone else pointed out that ESB had zippers.

I want to put "Got mad about zippers in Star Wars" on a resumé and see if anyone notices it or asks about it.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.cbr.com/the-clothes-make-the-trilogy-inside-the-new-book-star-wars-costumes/

Doesn't mean there never were any, but Lucas definitely had the intention to keep them out, Disney inherited that design sensibility, and if Boba is breaking it, it's doing so deliberately and for a reason.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

What hell the Star Wars universe must be, everyone’s pants constantly falling down because no one invented a loving button.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bussamove posted:

What hell the Star Wars universe must be, everyone’s pants constantly falling down because no one invented a loving button.

Hence the prevalence of jumpsuits and overalls.

Maybe Han wears suspenders under his vest.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Also thou shalt eschew fabrics made of two kinds

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Bussamove posted:

George Lucas also insisted that Carrie Fisher couldn't wear a bra in the first movie.

She was at least allowed to wear a bra in the second, and in the third he put her in nothing but a bra.

Lucas has always been a weird and oftentimes disgusting hack moderated by more reasonable people.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Bussamove posted:

Well, maybe that's why they have hyperdrives, repulsive tech, and ion engines. We developed button and zipper tech. So we're content with slow boating everywhere, confident we won't have our pants fall at inopportune times.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

"we'll have rocket pants at the waistline instead of belts"

"george that's insane"

"fine but r2d2 gets jets"

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The United States posted:

Lucas has always been a weird and oftentimes disgusting hack moderated by more reasonable people.

This has been well known by everyone who's been paying the slightest bit of attention, so it's extra hilarious when prequel kiddies lament SJW-LOVING DISNEY and MAHHH LUCAS. Lucas is a total weirdo hippie who borders on disrespectful at times, but Star Wars has always been blatantly liberal and anti-fascist.

tribbledirigible posted:

Well, maybe that's why they have hyperdrives, repulsive tech, and ion engines. We developed button and zipper tech. So we're content with slow boating everywhere, confident we won't have our pants fall at inopportune times.

We have velcro. Suck it hyperdrive.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hazo posted:

This has been well known by everyone who's been paying the slightest bit of attention, so it's extra hilarious when prequel kiddies lament SJW-LOVING DISNEY and MAHHH LUCAS. Lucas is a total weirdo hippie who borders on disrespectful at times, but Star Wars has always been blatantly liberal and anti-fascist.

We have velcro. Suck it hyperdrive.

These are the same time of people who scream “BUT GENE’S VISION!” whenever black people or women or LGBT people show up on Trek or anytime anything violent or sexy happens. Without the slightest hint of awareness that Gene Roddenberry was a money-obsessed horndog who was known to be irascible and often violent and wanted to have all of humanity represented on his space show.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Suffering cognitive dissonance at having to hate the space mods for not being down to Earth enough for Tatooine, and zippers for being too down to Earth for space fantasy.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Sheer loving hubris.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I can't believe Disney would do this to us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Robot Style posted:

I can't believe Disney would do this to us.

I know you're joking because Disney had nothing to do with this but they did get rid of the old EU where this unique jumpsuit was almost certainly given an epic backstory.