Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

as I walk up to the bush there's a corpse with a red arm band?

That guy isn't prone, same arm band as the the guy I shot in the place he went down.

Oh, you just got snuck by someone else, it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
I'm not a Tarkov god by any stretch, but imo your mistake was pushing so soon after your first whiffed exchange. He didn't really know where you were until you gave him some audio clues; if you had just held the high ground with your back to the wall you probably could have out waited him

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

gently caress. gently caress. gently caress. WHY DO I HAVE TO LEAVE THINGS TOO LATE AS A SCAV

gently caress. Again missed exfil by like 20s in shoreline. AGAIN. gently caress. gently caress. I am so loving bad at this. "yes i have time to loot this one more stash" gently caress NO gently caress

Perfectly good runs with great loot and THEN I WHIFF IT by being too late.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Dude I MIA'd once on loving Interchange; it happens. I might have even done it on Customs.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Had a pretty good round as a scav yesterday, found some loot, popped a few NPCs. My problem is that whole "extract with your gear" thing. Trying really hard to avoid looking at out of game maps, but I might just so I have an idea where the extraction points are.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
My wife and I had a great scav run yesterday on Lighthouse. She scared the absolute poo poo out of a PMC who was just wanting to do a pistol loot run. I suggested we take the shared extract and off we went. Two scavs and a PMC.
We encounter another PMC on the beach and I yell out "We're taking the shared extract wanna come with?" and sure as poo poo we're now two PMCs and two scavs. Old mate at the start showed us some loot spawns he'd found and we exited out the side tunnel. Fuckin' love voip.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

Dude I MIA'd once on loving Interchange; it happens. I might have even done it on Customs.

Getting to emercom with 30 seconds to go, only to realise that you actually have railroad is pretty lol

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

a mysterious cloak posted:

Had a pretty good round as a scav yesterday, found some loot, popped a few NPCs. My problem is that whole "extract with your gear" thing. Trying really hard to avoid looking at out of game maps, but I might just so I have an idea where the extraction points are.

If you are struggling to learn a map, doing an offline run with the exact kit you plan to use can be helpful.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
If we’re sharing stories:

Interchange, PMC first shot blacks my stomach. Realized I went the wrong way for a while, 180 and head to Emercom while burning through all my heals. Get to the railing and can’t jump over because I can’t gain stam and die 2 yds away.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Getting to emercom with 30 seconds to go, only to realise that you actually have railroad is pretty lol
Oh, only as a Scav when I didn't account for my travel time.. The tightest I've ever been as a PMC was on Woods of all places, or maybe Customs where we bullied 3Dorms for so long we had no option but to take the car out.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJWvN921NuE

okay........ THIS time it really is suspect. Explain this one to me eggheads!

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

It could certainly be a cheater but I’d need to be able to see the guy to know. I’ve, similarly, died on customs to a guy that should have been 25 yds in front of me based on his gun shots but even after rewatching my own clip in extreme slow-mo, I never saw him.

Do you know where he is in your clip? Is he shooting you through the wall potentially?

Greenlit
Dec 16, 2004

A commonborn squire
takes the reins of a knightly order, and leads a wayward kingdom from the midst
of chaos. The masses yearn for a hero. I give them what they wish.

Toalpaz posted:

He was on the hill directly in front of you. He even shot and missed you twice.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Toalpaz posted:

A third party up in the hills saw your every move after you stood up from the first prone, and with a big enough rifle they can bracket you through thin materials like the red sheet metal. When you're prone there's essentially nowhere for the bullet to go but the top of your head. It's possible the guy you killed at the ambulance never hit you at all and the first impact was a ricochet off your helmet from the final shooter. You're doing one of the Blueberry quests so your head is the most visible it can ever be, and your tac rig doesn't cover a lot of the chest either.

I don't think your killer was aimbotting, because you can hear a total of four shots from that same gun. If the shooter was cheating, they were close enough that you heard their shots yet they were shooting at other targets further away. The lack of whiz-pop on the earlier shots makes that plausible but far from definitive.

Next time don't go prone; pull back and get a solid wall between you and where you think shots are coming from. If an opponent can see you but you can't see them / don't know where they are you're at a terrible disadvantage.

Also... interesting choice of magazines...?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I don't hear shots passing thru (or deflecting on) metal or landing beside me, but the wall is shallow compared to the lip of the hill and yeah the tip of my head may be visible over the fence. The whole area is clear as I've been loitering alone there for some time still (with grasshoppers on). E: (Just saying there aren't any people behind me to shoot, the shots are at me.)

I don't think they were third party, the arrived at the same time as their friend from the same direction. They're certainly a duo. Man, can you really wall bang thru sheets? I really didn't think you could.

He only shoots after I go prone. I'm not going prone to take cover, just trying to heal out of line of sight from the hill.

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 18, 2022

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

brought in a quest item, immediately stomach zeroed in like the first minute (won the fight though), crawl my rear end alllll the way to zb1011 over like 25min and die at the very end as a scav turns the building corner and just shoots me in the teeth lol

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Babe Magnet posted:

brought in a quest item, immediately stomach zeroed in like the first minute (won the fight though), crawl my rear end alllll the way to zb1011 over like 25min and die at the very end as a scav turns the building corner and just shoots me in the teeth lol
Are you out of surgery kits already? Your stomach can be repaired like any limb (and tourniqueted instead of just haemostats but minor oversight.)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm still pretty new so I don't have super easy access to them + poor from learning and dying a lot. I don't have access to the flea or a lot of my base built yet

e: oh hey my scav spawned with a CMS, look at that

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Accidentally loving disintegrated 3 dudes in nighttime shoreline purely in a play to get myself away from what I thought was one guy and towards my last marking obj. Didn't bring any fancy optics since I was just tryin to quest, the moon wasn't out, AND the grenades were too loud for me to hear the death groans of 3 dudes so I missed out on so much STUFF.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
^^^ lol I wish I had half your luck.

Babe Magnet posted:

I'm still pretty new so I don't have super easy access to them + poor from learning and dying a lot. I don't have access to the flea or a lot of my base built yet

e: oh hey my scav spawned with a CMS, look at that
I have good luck scavving for them in Skeleton on Customs. You might get lucky in the middle room of Fortress or the second floor of Crackhouse.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

You can also trade nippers to Jaeger for CMS kits, which are fairly common in toolboxes and on shelves.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Everyone should probably be aware of this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2__zixgD2nM

TL;DR - They screwed up (dramatically increased) the falloff on almost every decent round in the game, as well as making them drastically less penetrative.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I keep forgetting barters, yeah.

My current thing is hitting the back of goshan on interchange for the toolboxes in order to get some thermite for an ammo case. In about 12 runs or so, I've seen 0, so maybe someday lol

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Babe Magnet posted:

I keep forgetting barters, yeah.

My current thing is hitting the back of goshan on interchange for the toolboxes in order to get some thermite for an ammo case. In about 12 runs or so, I've seen 0, so maybe someday lol
https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/Can_of_thermite doesn't spawn in toolboxes iirc. Try a stash run along the map perimeter (or stashes and technical crates on Customs, because it rarely gets picked clean like Interchange). You can also craft a mag case at the lavatory and store your ammo that way until you get whatever quest rewards you the ammo box, though having one more is never a bad thing.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 18, 2022

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Playing solo is exhilarating. Last night I wiped two decked out 2-man groups in the span of 90 seconds because they don't realize how much loving noise they make. Got the initial two kills and while I was looting the other two came stomping through while I'm prone in a bush to check out what was going on.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

thanks for the tips. I guess I had old info.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Seems my fence rep is not improving. I spawned with goshan and factory keys, found all kinds of poo poo. It was 2 mins to raid end and I had no time to gently caress around, when some dude rushes in to the drug house at Customs. I was looting a body and I heard him coming so I had time to turn towards the door and blast the poo poo out of whoever gently caress was coming in.

It was a friendly scav, full of loot :< RIP him I guess, and my fence rep. I guess it will end up in minus one million during this wipe. Why they can't announce it like "friendly scav incoming" like Shroud does? I'm on the ragged edge with the loot afer a couple of failed exfils and stupid deaths. And they just come running in like that, leaving me no time to do anything else but shoot to protect my lootz :( I guess I had at least 500k worth of stuff with me. Thermite, powerbank, smoke, thermometer etc etc.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 18, 2022

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Ihmemies posted:

Seems my fence rep is not improving. I spawned with goshan and factory keys, found all kinds of poo poo. It was 2 mins to raid end and I had no time to gently caress around, when some dude rushes in to the drug house at Customs. I was looting a body and I heard him coming so I had time to turn towards the door and blast the poo poo out of whoever gently caress was coming in.

It was a friendly scav, full of loot :< RIP him I guess, and my fence rep. I guess it will end up in minus one million during this wipe. Why they can't announce it like "friendly scav incoming" like Shroud does? I'm on the ragged edge with the loot afer a couple of failed exfils and stupid deaths. And they just come running in like that, leaving me no time to do anything else but shoot to protect my lootz :( I guess I had at least 500k worth of stuff with me. Thermite, powerbank, smoke, thermometer etc etc.

Maybe you should've announced if you're such a friendly scav also.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

hello internet posted:

Playing solo is exhilarating. Last night I wiped two decked out 2-man groups in the span of 90 seconds because they don't realize how much loving noise they make. Got the initial two kills and while I was looting the other two came stomping through while I'm prone in a bush to check out what was going on.

I was sort of dilly dallying as me and my buddy were making our way to Outskirts on Woods. I had stopped inside ZB-014 to look for 6L30s and was just walking away when I stopped at the end of that wall next to ZB-014 to get some stamina back. All of a sudden I heard sprint footsteps, then one of them voicelining "gently caress you, mother fucker!" at their friend, and then more footsteps... these boys were stomping. So I waited for them to pass me, killed one with my SKS and me and my buddy mopped up the rest of them.

I suppose I shouldn't have been there, it probably seemed like an ambush, but they shouldnt be sprinting and voicelining lol.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Gazaar posted:

Maybe you should've announced if you're such a friendly scav also.

But what if it is a pmc and I lose my surprise moment? How can I know? The only logical choice was to get the best advantage and shoot first, ask later.

warsow
Jun 28, 2009
If you are worried about losing rep, just don’t shoot first?

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Ihmemies posted:

But what if it is a pmc and I lose my surprise moment? How can I know? The only logical choice was to get the best advantage and shoot first, ask later.

A PMC at 2 minutes left storming in to attack a scav?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1483476330356346885

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Franks Happy Place posted:

If you are struggling to learn a map, doing an offline run with the exact kit you plan to use can be helpful.

Good idea! Mostly I'm just doing offline runs to get a feel for shooting/healing/looting, but I did a match last night specifically to find at least a couple of exits. Managed to finally extract with some stuff, and even though it didn't make number go up, felt like an achievement.

And the VPO (?) sounds so good

And I need to get over the tendency to pop the first thing that moves - dropped a couple of fellow scavs this week.

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 18, 2022

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Yay finally, can we get .338 AWM too while at it too? The game needs a .338 bolt-action!

warsow posted:

If you are worried about losing rep, just don’t shoot first?

I am worried about rep, but I am more worried about my loot :(

Gazaar posted:

A PMC at 2 minutes left storming in to attack a scav?

How can he know if anyone is inside? Maybe he assumed it was empty, who would sit inside at 2mins? :D

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
*blasts another scav unprovoked*

Why did they make me do that?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

^^^^ unironically that, cause sometimes you can tell people are just playing with ya

Ihmemies posted:

I am worried about rep, but I am more worried about my loot :(

Three 'friendly' scavs ran into me on the beach the other day, I was fairly looted but not insanely so. They ran up and most of them ignored me, two were hanging out in the bushes while one went behind me and tried to say hi to me with a funny voice.

I just blew the bastard away, wasn't getting good vibes from that group. I died but it was worth, reputation be damned.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Resort on Shoreline is literally just 3 mans all day. Solo servers when

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
noooo you don't understand it's part of the experience, you need to be miserable running into stacks all day long as a solo or it's not real tarkov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Ihmemies posted:

Everytime I've announced I'm a scav to a PMC they've responded with "Wanna hit the scav exit?"