Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Someone tell me what the rules for the last game changer were, is it just smash things?

Not really. It was just "hot or cold" but with an audience sound machine. Sam had thought of some things he wanted them to do or items to interact with, and he used laughter/cheers to tell them hot, and boos to tell them cold. Then it was a bit of a memory game to see if they could remember what the previous people did. I'm thinking he just had items picked out, to see what they would do with it rather than an actual action for some of them. That way he could change it up if something was working better.

Sam usually posts a breakdown of the episodes to the dimension 20 instagram stories a while after the episode airs, so just keep an eye on that if you ever can't figure one out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I don't have Instagram.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

seaborgium posted:

Not really. It was just "hot or cold" but with an audience sound machine. Sam had thought of some things he wanted them to do or items to interact with, and he used laughter/cheers to tell them hot, and boos to tell them cold. Then it was a bit of a memory game to see if they could remember what the previous people did. I'm thinking he just had items picked out, to see what they would do with it rather than an actual action for some of them. That way he could change it up if something was working better.

Sam usually posts a breakdown of the episodes to the dimension 20 instagram stories a while after the episode airs, so just keep an eye on that if you ever can't figure one out.

The prize, I think, does suggest he did have in mind what the ladies ultimately chose to do.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
For a moment I thought they were supposed to recreate someone's daily routine or some show maybe and then guess who it was, like a spin on Tell me About Yourself. It was fun to see Izzy lose her mind, but I was hoping for maybe some additional cool twist to the game

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Starstruck debuts later! Really looking forward to some intrepid adventuring. I love that they all dressed up for the occasion but Brian going the hole hog and growing his air out like an 70s rocker reject is the best.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Is there a word to describe what Erika Ishii did with make-up in a broad slash across her upper face (from one side across the eyes to the other) in the latest episode of Game Changer? It's a cool look, and I know I've seen it on a few fictional characters but I've no idea what you'd call it.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

enki42 posted:

I'm assuming there has to be some sort of consent to something like that, even if it's not immediately before filming. Even if you don't air it, that's a lot of poo poo to reveal to coworkers, and by all appearances Sam and everyone at College Humour are reasonably decent people.

According to some comments I've seen, the first one was written by an old friend and roommate of Grant's, Grant knew he was writing it (even if he didn't know the content until showtime), and Grant had final discretion on what made it into the episode. I don't know if that's true for the second one as well, but it wouldn't surprise me.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

First episode is great so far.

Here's the info from discord https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQnFJ1blbdks7-vY4kIAR7955NZnVdsLrICMNQj2lmXEMKGaxy1x1TAWUqNKXPbJwuloyQmwJodx9PZ/pub

Dimension20 posted:

When does A Starstruck Odyssey premiere?

A Starstruck Odyssey premieres on Dropout.tv on Wednesday, January 12th, at 7pm EST / 4pm PST. Episodes will air every Wednesday.

There will also be a two-part interview series with Starstruck comic creator Elaine Lee and her son Brennan, with episodes airing on December 29th, 2021, and January 5th, 2022.

How many episodes are in this season?

18 episodes.

Will there be associated Adventuring Party talkbacks for every episode?

There will be Adventuring Party talkbacks for every episode this season. Each episode was filmed after the preceding campaign episode recording, ala Misfits and Magic and The Seven, so there will not be a question submission form.

Does this season take place in the same universe as any other season?

No, but this season does take place in an existing fictional universe - the universe of Starstruck, based on the comics by Elaine Lee and Michael Wm Kaluta.

Do I need to be familiar with Starstruck comics to understand this season?

Not at all. There will be references and easter eggs for fans of Starstruck, but none of it will be a prerequisite for enjoying or understanding any aspect of this season.

If you are interested in Starstruck comics, please go here: https://starstruckcomics.com/

And if you’re looking to get your own copy of the complete Starstruck comic series, IDW is releasing a special edition reprint in February 2022: https://www.idwpublishing.com/product/4303

Is this season remotely shot or in-person?

This season was shot in-person.

What game system does A Starstruck Odyssey utilize?

Star Wars 5e

Who is the Game Master this season?

Brennan Lee Mulligan.

Who are the cast and their characters?

Emily Axford (She / Her) as Sundry Sidney (She / Her)
Ally Beardsley (They / Them) as Margaret Encino (She / Her)
Brian Murphy (He / Him) as Big Barry Syx (He / Him)
Zac Oyama (He / Him) as Norman “The Skipper” Takamori (He / Him)
Siobhan Thompson (She / Her) as Riva (They / Them)
Lou Wilson (He / Him) as Gunthrie “Gunnie” Miggles-Rashbax (He / Him)

Who are the crew members who produced this season?

Director: Michael Schaubach
Editors: M Swing & Jared Nunn
Head of Production: David Kerns
Producer: Ash Minnick
Creative Director: Orion Black
Productions & Operations Manager: Sophie Horwitz-Hirsch
Production Assistants: Ivan Avila & Alejandra de la Torre
Creative Producer & Production Designer: Rick Perry
Art Director: Katie McGeorge
Assistant Art Director: Nick Muñoz
Set Dressers: Jared Piller & Vanessa Wilson
Art Production Assistants: Juliana Gonzalez & Skyler Dokhan
Consultants: Tegan Jenkins & Todd Moonbounce
Graphic Designers: Jason Dearing & Kevin Smith
Makeup Department Head: Denise Renee Valentine
Key Makeup Artist: Bianca Lopez
Key Grip: Ayden Marcus
Audio Mixers: Akash Singh & Beau Hodges
Gaffer: Tyler Hart
Design Director: Paula Searing
Post Production Producer: Toddrick Rutledge
VFX Artist: TJ Gonzalez
Supervising Sound Editor: TJ Dumser
Digital Model Maker: Hanan-Niel Ricketts
TaleSpire Consultant: Jonny Ree
Directors of Photography: Kevin Stiller & Santiago Bahti
Director of Technology: Matt LaForest
Assistant Editor: Rommel Rodriguez
Production Coordinator: Hallie Mayer
Director of Programming: Theodora Hart
Illustrator: Amy Reeder

Will there be physical battlesets this season?

There will not be. There will be 3D battlesets created and utilized within TaleSpire.

Who is the character illustrator this season?

Amy Reeder

Will this season be released to Youtube?

There are no plans to release A Starstruck Odyssey to Youtube as of yet.

If I want to watch live with other Dimension 20 fans, how should I do that?

Join the Discord (https://discord.gg/dropouttv) and follow the #live-discussion channel when new episodes are airing.

Any info on the season(s) coming after A Starstruck Odyssey?

No.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Tsilkani posted:

According to some comments I've seen, the first one was written by an old friend and roommate of Grant's
Yup, the fantastic Nick Kocher (who wrote on SNL and had a bit part in Whedon's Much Ado, but is probably best known as one half of sketch comedy duo Britanick (A monologue for thee, and its sequel A monologue for three, with a special guest star from Community)), who also wrote the second one.

The man, like Grant apparently, is incapable of shame:
https://mobile.twitter.com/nickkocher/status/1216081856447180800

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Okay, then he wrote both. For some reason, they redacted his name in the credits of the first one, so I couldn't confirm, but he is credited in the chyron of the second one.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Lou Wilson is the new announcer for Jimmy Kimmel Live.
https://twitter.com/jimmykimmellive/status/1481124015649406976?s=21

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

New D20 is great, I love mean Zac

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Incredible start to the new campaign.

BARRYYYYY

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
new D20 is so good. All D20 is good poo poo but boy is the original crew just so good together again. All these characters are great and this setting is fantastic.

Absolute best line to me was Emily's chipper 'Devastating, that means I've failed my directive!' when Zac was grumbling about selling out the crew to get away.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
When I heard about this, I went to go check out some of the original Starstruck comics, and from there migrated over to see what else Elaine Lee has written.

One of her other projects is a Vertigo comic from the mid-'90s called Vamps which is one of the most, I don't know, decadently nihilistic things I've ever read? It's about a biker gang of vampires roaming across the US killing whoever they come across.

It's sort of hilarious to watch the interviews with Lee on D20 and realize, "Oh, she's the one who wrote that comic about all the sexy murders."

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

The new D20 is good, and Starstruck is also really good

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Wanderer posted:

When I heard about this, I went to go check out some of the original Starstruck comics, and from there migrated over to see what else Elaine Lee has written.

One of her other projects is a Vertigo comic from the mid-'90s called Vamps which is one of the most, I don't know, decadently nihilistic things I've ever read? It's about a biker gang of vampires roaming across the US killing whoever they come across.

It's sort of hilarious to watch the interviews with Lee on D20 and realize, "Oh, she's the one who wrote that comic about all the sexy murders."

hey what the gently caress she wrote Vamps?

That was 100% a part of my weird kid nerd phase!

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Well, looks like I'm gonna have to track down and read Vamps

Also this season is so, so, so good

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Judging by this week's Breaking News, Grant is now straight out ready to torture Sam.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
That was 100% real piss

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I can't help but feel like there was a deal involved for True Facts #2 where Grant got to have revenge that just got used

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Phlag posted:

Lou Wilson is the new announcer for Jimmy Kimmel Live.
https://twitter.com/jimmykimmellive/status/1481124015649406976?s=21

Sweet, that's got to be a very nice gig if you can get it! I hope he was doing that writer's room gig for Kimmel that's referred to in the clip and he just got picked to do this gig as well.

I've been happy to see lots of college humor people landing on their feet in one way or another, which makes sense since a good amount of people left CH well before the big shutdown and moved on to very solid entertainment industry careers.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
It probably wasn't urine. Probably.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Very strong Breaking News... and they got Katie way more than usual! Including some that didn't get counted like her not keeping a straight face while... miming at the start

And Trapp's poo poo-eating grin at his Jaws pun.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 24, 2022

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MikeJF posted:

I can't help but feel like there was a deal involved for True Facts #2 where Grant got to have revenge that just got used

yea I'm assuming when he pitched that he prefaced it with 'hey remember when you had me recreate my dad walking in on me trying to suck my own dick? Cool, well I know where we can get some sterile piss'

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
Regarding tonight's Game Changer: I lost. A lot.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Max Peck posted:

Regarding tonight's Game Changer: I lost. A lot.

lol grant walking out already crying

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Best Game Changer episode. Holy poo poo.

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005
Yep, I was a total mess by the end of the episode. And I went in so cocky too, confident I'd find most of it non-cry-worthy. Whoops.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it was very sweet

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
God, that was cute.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

That was a very kind episode

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Brennan and his mom doing an AMA on reddit later.

https://twitter.com/dimension20show/status/1485997318293831680

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Moreau posted:

That was a very kind episode

Yes but also lol at Rekha doing a gag about being tricked into being the only real player again.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gaz-L posted:

Yes but also lol at Rekha doing a gag about being tricked into being the only real player again.

I loved her starting by instantly jumping to "AND NOW SOMEONE'S COMING OUT TO gently caress US TILL WE CRY", she has the best energy.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Late to the party, but Don’t Cry was awesome

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Can Erika Ishii be on Um Actually every episode? She's the perfect contestant. Funny, got a good breadth of nerd knowledge and gets worked up in a very amusing to watch way when she thinks she should know the answer but can't quite find it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gaz-L posted:

Can Erika Ishii be on Um Actually every episode? She's the perfect contestant. Funny, got a good breadth of nerd knowledge and gets worked up in a very amusing to watch way when she thinks she should know the answer but can't quite find it.

I need to find the episode where she tries to scream until the answer comes to her, and it actually works. That aside, Brennan played in a recent D'n'D charity game that's worth a watch. Aabria Ayengar DMs, with Brennan, Becca Scott, Micah Burton and Danny Quach as the players in a Strixhaven campaign. I'm not familiar with the setting, so I've no idea how true to it the game was, but they all play students in a magical academy. The setting isn't really important though, because the first six minutes is some of the most bananas, chaos crew energy I've ever seen, and while they manage to calm down a bit, it keeps a solid energy throughout. Including Aabria deciding a few minutes in that if they raise $20k that she'll make a new ending, the Daddy ending, even though she has no idea what that'll actually mean as of yet. Which basically sets the tone. The cast play some fun characters too, with Becca playing a bard whose specialty is tap dancing, while Brennan plays an old necromancer who is his own Warlock patron and addicted to dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

tsob posted:

I need to find the episode where she tries to scream until the answer comes to her, and it actually works. That aside, Brennan played in a recent D'n'D charity game that's worth a watch. Aabria Ayengar DMs, with Brennan, Becca Scott, Micah Burton and Danny Quach as the players in a Strixhaven campaign. I'm not familiar with the setting, so I've no idea how true to it the game was, but they all play students in a magical academy. The setting isn't really important though, because the first six minutes is some of the most bananas, chaos crew energy I've ever seen, and while they manage to calm down a bit, it keeps a solid energy throughout. Including Aabria deciding a few minutes in that if they raise $20k that she'll make a new ending, the Daddy ending, even though she has no idea what that'll actually mean as of yet. Which basically sets the tone. The cast play some fun characters too, with Becca playing a bard whose specialty is tap dancing, while Brennan plays an old necromancer who is his own Warlock patron and addicted to dying.

Brennan did one for DnD Beyond with Aabria, Ify, Erika Ishii and a few other people that was also pretty insane and good.