Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Serephina posted:

What, incase he somehow fakes getting a tattoo removed? "Don't mind me honey, just slathering a kilo of your foundation on my shoulder every morning, nothing to see here!"

A man that prone to insane pranks would probably be tricked by his brother to get a tatoo of a selfie of him giving the middle finger to the tatoo removal place or something stupider. He'll swear its hilarious.

I would want to know its gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
You'll know its gone since they're your spouse and you'll be seeing them immediately afterwards?! arghh

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for telling my roommate that I'm not responsible for her boyfriend's allergies.

quote:

( Sorry for any grammatical errors or spelling errors English isn't my first language)

I (19f) have a roommate Kayla also (19f), we have been roommates for almost 1 year. we have always had this shared refrigerator situation going on where we alternate every week or two on who buys the groceries, cleaning supplies, etc. But we don't cook for each other. (very important to the story)

Well, 6months ago Kayla got a boyfriend, Caleb (21m) who has been spending a lot of time in our apartment. He would leave his mess every and when I say everywhere I really mean it. He would leave his clothes on the bathroom floor and living room floor, but the biggest issue was he would eat everything, even the things that were strictly mine i.e leftover takeout, dinners that I cooked for myself.

I've talked with my roommate about this multiple times and she said she would talk to him but it doesn't really seem like she even tries to talk to him. which seems like she is enabling him to continue this behavior.

Here's where the incident happened. Two nights ago I made myself some dinner, I was following this recipe and I was making fried chicken that had some sort of sauce that contained honey in it. ( also very important to the story). Neither I nor my roommate has any sort of allergy so I didn't say anything to her when I made it or when I put my leftovers in Tupperware and in the fridge.

well, yesterday I got back home from work, and my roommate wasn't home. I didn't question it and moved on with my day. A few hours later I heard the front door open, and a few moments later my roommate enters my room and just starts yelling at me say I could've killed her boyfriend and how I am irresponsible, and how dare I put my food in the fridge unlabeled when her boyfriend is allergic to honey. But here's the thing I didn't know he was allergic to honey.

Here's where I think I might be the rear end in a top hat. I tried explaining to her that I simply didn't know of her boyfriend's allergy and he should've never been touching my food knowing he has an allergy and could potentially be put himself in harm's way, which he did in this situation. I also mentioned that I told her to tell him not to touch my food and she blew up on me even more saying that I am dismissing her feelings and I mentioned that she's been dismissing mine ever since he got here. we ended the argument with me yelling at her that I'm not responsible for his allergies and she should've never brought him around the apartment.

I told my friend about what happened and she told that even though he was in the wrong for basically stealing my food, I should've never said that to my roommate because she was in a stressful situation where a loved one could've died now I feel bad and think I might've been in the wrong.

So am I the rear end in a top hat?

quote:

ive tried putting my name on my tupperware but he would still eat my food and claim he didn't see it, but when he realized his gf didn't care about his snobby behavior he would just say " deal with it" and move on with his day

just rolling over to my girlfriend's house and playing russian roulette with leftovers, as you do

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling my roommate that I'm not responsible for her boyfriend's allergies.

just rolling over to my girlfriend's house and playing russian roulette with leftovers, as you do

i'd just put honey in everything and see whether he'd choose to stop eating my food or die

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Foo Diddley posted:

i'd just put honey in everything and see whether he'd choose to stop eating my food or die

same

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mx. posted:

I told my friend about what happened and she told that even though he was in the wrong for basically stealing my food, I should've never said that to my roommate because she was in a stressful situation where a loved one could've died now I feel bad and think I might've been in the wrong.

Weirdly people can be stressed out and still be loving wrong for attacking their roommate over something that wasn't their fault!

I know logic gets a little wonky when you're anxious, but if my anaphylactic boyfriend started describing how random leftovers he took from the fridge got him sick, I wouldn't be thinking THAT BITCH, I'LL FIND HER AND END HER

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
if we don't find a way to cure deadly food allergies, but do find a way to transfer them all to food thieves, that'd be a happy ending in my book

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Foo Diddley posted:

Or label everything as containing honey, but only put honey in some things. Will he play Russian roulette?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Keep everything in a pot labelled HUNNY

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Foo Diddley posted:

Can you make honey incense?

EDIT: Well, poo poo. You actually can.

I want some now.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jan 18, 2022

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
just change your name to peanuts honey dairy and put your name on all the food in the house

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Foo Diddley posted:

I would label it though. "Contains honey". Whether the label works or not, you win!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

May contain honey

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Manufactured in a facility that processes honey.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Caution: This product was exposed to the 2003 film "Honey" during the manufacturing process

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Barudak posted:

Caution: This product was exposed to the 2003 film "Honey" during the manufacturing process

but that movie was kinda allright

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
start leaving out bowls of bit o’honeys

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
Coat your entire kitchen in honey and welcome your new ant roomates.
...They'll probably steal your food too though

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
i wonder how long it would take for a column of ants to make a serious, noticeable-to-human-eyes dent in a good-sized sugar bowl

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Coat your entire kitchen in honey and welcome your new ant roomates.
...They'll probably steal your food too though

Or they will recognize you as their empress and pledge their ant lives in your war against Timothy

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for demanding MIL replace my friend's grass?

quote:

I'm 21, she's 39

God it's really weird to see people having mothers in law that are younger than me. I don't have kids and the oldest kid in my friend group is 6 years old.

quote:

dad's affair partner (a friend of her BF's daughter)

So MIL's boyfriend's daughter is sleeping with OP's dad?

Jesus, everything about this is awful.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Barudak posted:

Or they will recognize you as their empress and pledge their ant lives in your war against Timothy

Who's Timothy and why are we at war with him?
I mean, I'm still down, but my main goal with the ants was never havinh to wipe down the counter again because I'm a messy bitch.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Metis of the Hallways posted:

what does this mean!

No, what does _this_ mean??
> Then she went to use the bathroom and my friend had a jumprope and just thought it would be funny.
> she felt my friends were bullying her because she was briefly confined in a bathroom

they used the jumprope to tie the bathoom doorknob to something else so she couldn't open it? Was just leaning into the door too personal?

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

So MIL's boyfriend's daughter is sleeping with OP's dad?

MIL's BF's daughter's friend.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

This is the only Timothy that comes to mind from thread canon:

AITA for not wanting to talk to my in-laws via stuffed mice and not accepting the mice as family members?

quote:

THIS IS NOT PARODY.

I made a new account because I don't want to be recognized.

So, I married to the love of my life and my best friend. Normally, we support each other, don't really argue and our communication is good. However, there is a specific problem that has come up repeatedly in our relationship. His parents own a dozen or so mouse figurines; some are stuffed animals, some plastic, one is a giant papier-maché thing (like 24 inches, he’s the Boss one called Timothy) most are designed like realistic mice, some are cartoon-like with clothes etc. Each of these figurines has a whole character profile with backstories, personal preferences, family relations etc. and all of them are seen as part of the family (as being nieces, aunts, or even my in-laws’ grandchildren).

What unsettles me, is that they constantly talk as them with other mice or each other/guests. For this, they’ll use a high-pitched tone (probably to imitate squeaking?) and they’ll talk in a manner that little children would use. This means that my husband’s father, a man the size of a grizzly, will squeakingly say “My tummy hurts, I am hungry!” while wiggling a mouse plushie in my face. I’m then expected to answer the mouse and get it, not him, something to eat. They do this constantly. In fact, most of the time, the mice are talking, not them.

NOW THE AITA SITUATION:

Til now, I’ve never said anything judgy but I usually avoid talking to the mice and instead address the person talking. I’ve never talked as a mouse. His parents have noticed this and have often tried forcing me into it. They are visibly upset that I won’t participate and have “gifted me” mice figurines on several occasions that I haven't used. I understand that it’s probably them welcoming me into the family but I’m just too creeped out by it.

Today, it escalated when we announced that I am pregnant and my father-in-law replied that it would be wonderful “to soon have two grandchildren” (first one being Timothy). For the first time, I got flustered and said that he didn’t have grandchildren yet and that my child wasn’t comparable to a papier-maché mouse. They got very angry and I got screamed at by Timothy for disrespecting him. Instead of supporting me, my husband stayed silent and later told me that many people's stuffed animals talk and that he can’t understand how I am so tolerant in everything but this.

I’m really sad. Family is really important to me! It’s always been hard anyway because I feel like his parents dislike me and act cold towards me and after my outburst it’s obviously even worse. I feel lonely and unsure and I don’t know how to act any more! Is all this really weird or am I making a big deal out of nothing?

​TL;dr My in-laws communicate as and via mouse figurines who they see as family members. I don’t want to participate and told them my child would be different from and more important than a mouse grandchild. They got really angry and my husband thinks I should be more tolerant.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Mx. posted:

instead of her apartment, I have an idea for where trash panda boyfriend can go.

hint:

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

kimbo305 posted:

No, what does _this_ mean??
> Then she went to use the bathroom and my friend had a jumprope and just thought it would be funny.
> she felt my friends were bullying her because she was briefly confined in a bathroom

they used the jumprope to tie the bathoom doorknob to something else so she couldn't open it? Was just leaning into the door too personal?

She mentions in the comments that they tied the jump rope to another door to hold the bathroom door closed, yeah.

quote:

MIL's BF's daughter's friend.

Ah, thanks. Still yikes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

instead of her apartment, I have an idea for where trash panda boyfriend can go.

hint:

Im so sorry, its down for maintenance.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

hint:

except honey instead of acid

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Food thieves who come to complain about the food they stole having ingredients they're allergic to (and/or being spicy) has come up a bunch of times itt and never stops being hilarious.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for not cutting costs to be able to afford a house with my fiancé and 'choosing my pets over him'?

quote:

Me (f29) and my fiancé (m31) have 4 pets, 2 dogs and 2 cats. I had dog 1 before him and early on, adopted the cats. We recently got dog 2 in November. Before then, he wasn't involved heavily in pet care financially so isn't too involved/knowledgeable in that department. He did occasionally take dog 1 out for walks but really just got all the fun parts of pet owning. After we got dog 2, he now gives me $100 a month for the pets and has payed all vet fees for dog 2. Once we're married he already said we would both equally look after all the pets, but currently this is our arrangement.

We are currently in the process of buying a home. We had been figuring out what we could comfortably afford and looked into our spending to see if there were any areas to cut back in. When he saw how much I put down for monthly pet care expenses, he initially thought it was a mistake. When it told him it wasn't, he did his own research before 'showing me' how much it costs and that I was paying too much money. He told me it was too much and brought up his sister who has 2 cats and spends less than I do. He showed me alternatives but some of them were garbage, especially the cat foods he showed. He told me I needed to cut down costs like he was but I refused. He told me that I wasn't pulling my weight and choosing the pets over him, but I told him that this wasn't something I was going to debate.

Edit 1: I spend around $1600 a month on the pets. here is a rough breakdown of costs.

Cat food: $600 - Ziwi pet/Feline Natural

Dog food: $500 - Raw food/ Ziwi Pet

Pet insurance: $160 (dog 1 is senior with a medical condition not covered)

Medication (dog 1): $150ish

Pet fund: $100

Miscellaneous: depends on month

This is a rough breakdown that changes month to month. 1600 is definitely towards the higher end of things and I always try to shop sales.

For some context, Dog 1 I've had since I adopted her. She has issues with several dog foods and is currently 15 years old and vet approves her diet. The medical condition she has is genetic and most likely due to being from a byb. I cut costs in other areas, my fiancé just believes we should cut down as many as we can and doesn't think it should cost this much.

Edit 2: Me spending my money and this amount won't impact us buying a house. We can already buy a house where we live and have around 25% deposit for an average 3bed house. We both make 6 figures so not poor and I have never asked him to help me pay ever. I understand it may seem extreme to you and I agree its a lot of money, but it works for us me. Fiancé thinks I only need $500-600 a month, which is't practical since pet insurance/monthly vet costs are over $300 every month. If fiancés didn't want to pay half once married, I wouldn't force him too and don't need that help. I also offered to change pet foods for dog 2 but he said we needed to cut costs with all pets. If you are saying you can feed your pets for significantly less and just as good diet, please leave the brands in your comment especially if it is for cats. Dog 1 diet will not change and I'm set on that. We have found what has worked for her and I'm not shaking that boat.

Edit 3 due to message: If we couldn't afford the costs, I would cut them. My pets have had constant diets for years, all while we've travelled(pre-2020), live in a nice part of the city etc. I waited until I could afford the cats before getting them because I knew it would cost a lot with the diet I feed them. My issue isn't whether or not I spend too much, I'm aware that it is a lot and more than what most people pay. It's whether or not IATA for not cutting costs for my pets and making my fiancé think I'm choosing them over him. My side of the story is that I shouldn't have to cut costs just to cut them, and that I can afford these costs without impacted any other parts of our lives.

quote:

UPDATE (I will be retiring this thread after today)

The overwhelming majority voted YTA so thank you for clearing my mind and for the outsider perspective. I also agree that compromise/communication is key. I just sat down with fiancé and apologised for making him feel less than the pets and that I valued what he had to say. We looked through every pet related cost and have agreed to change dog 2 diet to fully raw which fiancé will pay for himself. I also realised the cat food costs were over exaggerated but we will be cutting costs and look at quality but cheaper brands to feed both to lessen the costs. We have also decided to get rid of pet insurance as it was not worth it. We should save about $500 but will have to increase money put in the pet fund for any medical emergencies for the pets. This is an arrangement we are both happy with and meets in the middle of fiancés desired monthly costs. I was very clear though that this money would be going towards the house/living expenses, and not 'luxurious' things or any lifestyle related. We also took a look at fiancés spending and he has agreed to cut back other costs he originally thought were essential, which should save us $300 give or take. Fiancé tried to convince me to change dog 1 diet, but that I did refuse to budge on. This only took about 15 minutes and could've been worked through earlier, but it's all resolved now. Thank you for your judgement!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Pets $200
Pets $150
Pets $800
Pets $3,600
Pets $150

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

^^ Beaten!

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for not cutting costs to be able to afford a house with my fiancé and 'choosing my pets over him'?

Rent: $600/month
Bills: $200/month
Car: $250/month
Alice's All-Natural Dog Caviar: $3400/month
Groceries: $300/month

Someone good with the economy please help me my family is starving.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

Ziwi cat food is so good but it's literally the most expensive cat food I've seen.
The dry food is basically little chunks of meat jerky for cata and is like 50 bucks for a 400gm bag. Wet food is $4-5 per small tin.
I don't think she's overestimating the cat food costs at all.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Beaten twice about the budget joke. But seriously goddamn, each of those cats eats richer than I do, nevermind the comedy of a 50/mo/pet insurance.

edit: You could feed those cats fresh, raw meat, every day, for a fraction of the price. Kitty cat wants to go to town on a whole raw chicken? Let it! Cheaper than whatever the gently caress that food is.

Serephina fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jan 18, 2022

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
people be dummies, yo

real not-too-smarts for real

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

Serephina posted:

edit: You could feed those cats fresh, raw meat, every day, for a fraction of the price. Kitty cat wants to go to town on a whole raw chicken? Let it! Cheaper than whatever the gently caress that food is.

I don't know why, but this brought to mind the image of you just... aggressively slamming a whole rear end chicken on the floor while the cat watches, confused.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Foo Diddley posted:

Pets $200
Pets $150
Pets $800
Pets $3,600
Pets $150

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

quote:

We can already buy a house where we live and have around 25% deposit for an average 3bed house. We both make 6 figures so not poor 
Doesn't sound like they will be starving either way

This isn't even a "help me budget" question, it's "we have different ideas on how to blow our spare money"

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Ziwi cat food is so good but it's literally the most expensive cat food I've seen.
The dry food is basically little chunks of meat jerky for cata and is like 50 bucks for a 400gm bag. Wet food is $4-5 per small tin.
I don't think she's overestimating the cat food costs at all.

Short of medical requirements, why would someone be spending so much on it though? I assume it just comes out of wanting to spoil your pet and give them the best?

Just looked up Ziwi dog food, to feed my dog this would cost more than it does to feed him, me, and my partner.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Short of medical requirements, why would someone be spending so much on it though? I assume it just comes out of wanting to spoil your pet and give them the best?

Just looked up Ziwi dog food, to feed my dog this would cost more than it does to feed him, me, and my partner.

It's good quality :shrug: it's like 98% meat and the rest is additives for good cat health. It's not necessary by any means, but if you've got the spare cash why not buy Fluffy some fancy food?

I used to get it for my cat when I could afford it. But I also bought her like, 5$ single serve tins of lobster pate for cats, because cat owners are driven mostly the toxxo worms in our brains?

...Also ziwi makes their poo poo stink like orders of magnitude less. Which is invaluable, as cat bowels are full of evil stank demons.

E: also they need way less of the dry jerky bits than regular kibble, so it's not quiiiiite as expensive as it seems. Still P exxy tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

seems like you should just buy meat if you’re gonna do that