Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’m getting rid of everything chrome or silver on my STI. The wheels are getting powdered coated to look like these fellas

And the trim pieces are going to be replaced with these.

Neato thing is there was a special edition blue with black accents so most of this is OEM, including my black lug nuts I didn’t feel like posting. They look like black lug nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Some of this

And four of these

My headlights on the MINI were so dim this morning I even pulled over to see if there was poo poo on them. There were three different brands of bulbs in the housings, and I did end up getting a nice polish on the lenses using my drill and and some polishing pads.

Before

After

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Rolo posted:

I’m getting rid of everything chrome or silver on my STI. The wheels are getting powdered coated to look like these fellas

Neato thing is there was a special edition blue with black accents so most of this is OEM, including my black lug nuts I didn’t feel like posting. They look like black lug nuts.

post ur nutz

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

This forum has a proud tradition of goons posting their nuts

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Tiny Myers posted:

Just found this horrible crime on Etsy and invited it into my home.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/778706522/cool-ranch-lip-balm-single-tube
So an update on this, because it just arrived today.

This shouldn't exist.

Like, it's what it says on the tin. It's Cool Ranch, in lip balm form. But it's a lot less "cool" and a lot more "ranch". When you uncap the tube, the first thing you perceive is an overpowering ranch smell. It's a little sour. It is... lacking on the spice front that sets Cool Ranch aside from typical ranch. But it's present, subtle. Subtle notes of spice.

It tastes about the same going on. More pleasant than the smell, and very creamy. The creaminess combined with the overwhelming ranch scent makes me almost feel like I'm applying a literal bottle of Hidden Valley ranch to my lips.

The most horrific part is that it endures. You know how when you get a really good lipbalm, you get little whiffs of the pleasant scent for a while after applying it? The same can be said of the ranch. I have been smelling ranch on and off for 30 minutes.

All in all, deeply unsettling experience, but I'm glad I tried it because I would regret having not done so.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
Got my PO-133 today! It's so fun right out of the box and I think I'm starting to understanding launching patterns in general after using it for a few hours. TIGER!

I think I need a drat drum machine now, the Drumbrute Impact looks really great and would fit in with my other Arturia gear but the Behringer RD-8 Mk2 would satisfy my primal 808 urges.

I guess there's a lot of drama with Behringer so I'm leaning towards the Drumbrute, probably not the best place to discuss this in?

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Don't believe the drama, it's mostly people mad behringer remade a thing. I have an RD-8 and it's great. I also needed to satisfy that 808 craving. I have several behringer things and have no complaints. Behringer released a lot of things that were using literal schematics from old items or reverse engineered, and then using cheaper parts (surface mount vs through hole, plastic cases, etc).

Rolo posted:

I want to do this to my forester, but I haven't gotten around to it yet

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Coolnezzz posted:

Got my PO-133 today! It's so fun right out of the box and I think I'm starting to understanding launching patterns in general after using it for a few hours. TIGER!

I think I need a drat drum machine now, the Drumbrute Impact looks really great and would fit in with my other Arturia gear but the Behringer RD-8 Mk2 would satisfy my primal 808 urges.

I guess there's a lot of drama with Behringer so I'm leaning towards the Drumbrute, probably not the best place to discuss this in?

What are these things

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

styls trill epic posted:

What are these things

Pocket Operators, mini-synths that are p bare-bones but super fun to play with, and you can make some good music with them, see the last like 3 pages of this thread. They're perfect for someone that has never done beep-boops before to learn the basics without a whole bunch of theory.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

spookykid posted:

Pocket Operators, mini-synths that are p bare-bones but super fun to play with, and you can make some good music with them, see the last like 3 pages of this thread. They're perfect for someone that has never done beep-boops before to learn the basics without a whole bunch of theory.

Exactly. They're a lot of fun if you're into making some noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnF1md-xxTc

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

styls trill epic posted:

What are these things

Turn back! There’s still time!

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

OniPanda posted:

Don't believe the drama, it's mostly people mad behringer remade a thing. I have an RD-8 and it's great. I also needed to satisfy that 808 craving. I have several behringer things and have no complaints. Behringer released a lot of things that were using literal schematics from old items or reverse engineered, and then using cheaper parts (surface mount vs through hole, plastic cases, etc).

Behringer remaking vintage music gear is the coolest thing that they do. I don't think anyone minds that. What turns me personally off from Behringer are things like Behringer releasing a series of "joke" product mock-up photos making fun of one of their more vocal critics, Peter Kirn, a music technology journalist. The series culminated, and terminated, at a mock-up which could be interpreted as having a similar style to old timey anti-semitic propaganda. You be the judge:

Behringer issued a lovely apology and then removed it the next day and memory holed the whole saga. Oh yeah and they also cancelled their trademark application for the name KIRN. Peter also runs a tiny business (one or two people part time?) on the side making some simple synths and gear so having his name trademarked for music gear might be annoying. Behringer has also tried to apply for trademarks for at least 10 names of different vintage synthesizers that used to be produced by Korg, Formanta and Sequential Circuits. Replicating functionality of vintage synths is great but using the original names of the synths without cooperating with the original creators is sleazy. Some of the trademark applications have failed but others are still pending... One cool thing Behringer did do with trademarks was that they gave Tom Oberheim back the Oberheim trademark that he lost when his company went bankrupt in the 80s.

Behringer also tried suing 20 music gear forums posters for libel over some pretty normal forums shitposting in a 250k USD lawsuit.

In addition to making cheap clones of vintage gear Behringer also creates cheap clones of gear that is currently in production:

Behringer Crave is also a copy of Moog Mother-32 (with that they did at least change the layout) and I think they recently announced a synth that clones Moog DFAM. Behringer is a much much larger business than Moog, Intellijel or even Arturia so, depending on your point of view, it's either market economy doing its job in making things more affordable or it's a big corporation stealing the rewards of innovation from small businesses in a niche industry.

...All of that being said, they do produce nice gear at great prices. I won't blame anyone for buying their products but I do want people to know where at least some of the controversy stems from.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I own an iPad am I’m sure there is an iPad looper app that could do the same thing albeit without being as cute for far less $. Any suggestions?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Koala, from what I gather.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Koala is my rec. it’s like 4.99 and it’s fantastic.

Looper Pro also looks really neat but it’s complicated and I’m dumb.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It's decaf because my caffeine started doing weird bad uncomfortable things to me years ago.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I too want to run away from America. Thanks comrade Dunkin

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Quiet Feet posted:

It's decaf because my caffeine started doing weird bad uncomfortable things to me years ago.

Living squarely in Starbucks territory, I revel in getting my crappy Dunkin' fix when I visit my sister on the East Coast.

The new cup design could be read "America Chases You, Dunkin'". :v:

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Thank you for the explanation!

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Bottom Liner posted:

I too want to run away from America. Thanks comrade Dunkin

:hmmyes:

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Android Apocalypse posted:

Living squarely in Starbucks territory, I revel in getting my crappy Dunkin' fix when I visit my sister on the East Coast.

The new cup design could be read "America Chases You, Dunkin'". :v:

lol that straw

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
That donut... :stare::hf::love:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have a local donut place very close to me that is excellent but goddamn, sometimes a crappy chain pastry hits just right

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

j.peeba posted:

A very good post

I had not come across most of that, but I will admit I didn't look that hard, so thanks for posting all that.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dunkin Donuts does not exist to serve you donuts. Yes they have them, and they are certainly edible but let's be honest they aren't really the point. In my quest for something not Dunkin Donuts I've noticed you can do worse.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Gave away 6 sacks of clothes and shoes to charity over Christmas and realised I needed to get some new bits

Used my account to get another a goon the explorer he’s always wanted :) so that’s not mine long term

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Haha of course there's a supreme gundam. Still wish I had gotten a 7-11 one just for the absurdity of it.

I realized while reading the recommendations about apps that I have an ipad I haven't touched in a year or so, so now I'm looking at stuff for that to mess around with when I don't feel like going to my desktop.

Cubasis looks pretty decent, but I'm still watching videos and seeing what it's capable of. Something with VST support would be perfect since I have already spent waaay too much on them, but need to see if that's possible, or if any of them support remote processing so I can have my desktop do the heavy lifting. There's plenty of networked VST server/client options for MacOS/Windows and I imagine there's some for mobile devices as well.

Cubasis might be nice because I do plan on eventually getting Nuendo when it goes on sale again and doing a competitive cross-grade to save a ton of money.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: looks like Cubasis can do .AU instruments so that's cool since I have plenty of those. Although I just realized I can just run Reaper on my laptop and use network plugins and that works even better.

Woolwich Bagnet has a new favorite as of 18:38 on Jan 15, 2022

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I've been poorly influenced by this thread:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
More robot farts for the robot farts god

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I don't play, I just like painting them. And getting kits like this gives me a palette for painting matching army pieces in the future. This is my third kit, I'm in the process of finishing up my second one; it's drying as I type this.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
I hosed up and now I've bought 3 pocket operators. Heed the warnings of this thread.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I hope you all like your beep machines, they opened a huge door of creativity for me.

That said: BEEP.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Talking about buying 3 of something

Waterproof film cameras so I can take something kayaking and not stress. I bought 3 untested and they all seem to work so I'll flip one after its tested and keep the other 2.

The panorama one is really dumb as it doesn't make the film gate wider, instead it makes it cuts off the top and bottom of the frame.

https://i.imgur.com/ciNdGyo.gifv

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
You can remove those (if that's not a pano mode switch) and get the full 35mm frame. Or keep them because the format is cool and a lot of fun.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It is a pano mode switch. It has the comp lines in the finder as it is, so I'd rather just comp for pano and trim after.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Megabound posted:

Talking about buying 3 of something

Waterproof film cameras so I can take something kayaking and not stress. I bought 3 untested and they all seem to work so I'll flip one after its tested and keep the other 2.

The panorama one is really dumb as it doesn't make the film gate wider, instead it makes it cuts off the top and bottom of the frame.

https://i.imgur.com/ciNdGyo.gifv

my grampy died (phd marine biology) and I just took his old nikonos :cool:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I did consider a Nikonos but not for the prices they go for now. I could get another 2 medium format cameras I don't need for Nikonos V money!

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Megabound posted:

I did consider a Nikonos but not for the prices they go for now. I could get another 2 medium format cameras I don't need for Nikonos V money!

645 is not proper medium format :colbert:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I was thinking 2 more Autocords, or an Autocord and a Moskva-5. TLRs and folders are still cheap and good as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I didn't intend for these headphones to arrive bang on my birthday but it ended up working that way.