Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

SITB posted:

Grit reduces damage from any source, including self damage so you will remain with one stagger resist. IIRC that strategy is usually paired with the Udjat passive that restore half the stagger damage you have suffered during this scene to make sure Bayard isn't half a step from being staggered at the end of the scene.

This sounds so incredibly dumb.

I have to try it. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
I wonder, does Nuovo Fabric works for that as well since it's a more powerful version of Grit? Reduces health and stagger damage by 1-2.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Your Everyday NEET posted:

I wonder, does Nuovo Fabric works for that as well since it's a more powerful version of Grit? Reduces health and stagger damage by 1-2.

Nah, Grit is specifically from any source while Nuovo Fabric is only from attacks.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Leviathan finally got the second chapter translated. Now we know the Ring is the Finger obsessed with art, and one of their higher ranking positions is a Maestro.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

golden bubble posted:

Leviathan finally got the second chapter translated. Now we know the Ring is the Finger obsessed with art, and one of their higher ranking positions is a Maestro.

City Life 101: If someone says they have anything to do with music, then loving run.

oobitydoo
Oct 1, 2021

golden bubble posted:

Now you can't just say that and not link it!

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Really makes me wonder what the Pinky and the Middle specialize in, now - I mean, aside from dying in the latter's case.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Well, the Middle has a bit of a chain motif, and Roland did say in the game that some Middle-affiliates gave him an earful of 'Brotherhood crap', so my personal prediction is that they've got some heavy 'We are a Family' style poo poo going on.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Now I'm imagining some Fast and the Furious style memes but it's the Middle and I pray that this is accurate.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

We also know Tanya was affiliated with the Middle.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I thought she was affiliated with that one Thumb Cartel that Roland destroyed in his rampage

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I thought she was affiliated with that one Thumb Cartel that Roland destroyed in his rampage

Nah, she's affiliated with the Middle (whose Southern operations Roland also destroyed in his rampage)

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

TeeQueue posted:

Now I'm imagining some Fast and the Furious style memes but it's the Middle and I pray that this is accurate.

So in other words, something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hoEYaLuDdc

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
something kinda cool that came up in my youtube recs, a bunch of LoR's VAs are also in the Korean dub of Genshin Impact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jelB-FtBdA

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Tanya gets described as an 'executive' member of the Middle so she must have been really high up in it, presumably for her combat power. I'm curious what she was doing during Roland's rampage though, since she she probably could have beaten his rear end.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

ZeroCount posted:

Tanya gets described as an 'executive' member of the Middle so she must have been really high up in it, presumably for her combat power. I'm curious what she was doing during Roland's rampage though, since she she probably could have beaten his rear end.

She, iirc, got her rear end kicked by him, its why she distorted. In the same way that Pluto was the guy with the bad contract Roland shook down in that one flashback.

They never have the characters say this straight up, but it's cycles of revenge all the way down. It rules.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Varinn posted:

She, iirc, got her rear end kicked by him, its why she distorted. In the same way that Pluto was the guy with the bad contract Roland shook down in that one flashback.

They never have the characters say this straight up, but it's cycles of revenge all the way down. It rules.

Maybe! But the way that she's mostly compared to Gebura/Kali when it comes to power makes me think that she might have been Colour-grade even before she distorted.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

ZeroCount posted:

Maybe! But the way that she's mostly compared to Gebura/Kali when it comes to power makes me think that she might have been Colour-grade even before she distorted.
She compared herself to Gebura including the power she got from her Distortion. And still got her poo poo kicked in to a brutally one-sided degree as the second easiest fight in the entire thing (first being Binah). Her belief that she was anywhere close to the Red Mist was just her being delusional.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

something kinda cool that came up in my youtube recs, a bunch of LoR's VAs are also in the Korean dub of Genshin Impact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jelB-FtBdA

That's missing the funniest one, which is the Gebura is Venti.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wasn't the biggest fan of it, but Afterglow imploded because apparently the project lead was a jerk. Too bad, it had some interesting stuff.

That being said there's still good work being done in the mod scene.

K Prime posted:

That's missing the funniest one, which is the Gebura is Venti.

:laffo:

ArchiveLurker
Sep 5, 2009
Finally cleaned up some uninvited guests. Honestly it mostly got easier as it went along; I had the most trouble with Philip, Eileen, and Greta. The later floors were pretty easy in comparison, with the exception that Pluto needed some pretty heavy deck rebuilding. Turns out putting contract of light on Olivier because he had 3 and 4 costs is a very bad idea when half of your deck is 0 cost fuel and you get stuck on Forward March and Brace Up with 7 light. Second run went pretty smoothly though once I entered the second phase with all librarians and had the mass attacks at hand to just nuke all the barrier cards. I'm not sure what Project Moon was thinking with the details of the mass attack mechanics, but hey I'll take it. Black Silence also wasn't too bad and Gebura cleaned it up on my first try, even when I made the pro move of pressing space twice on the third scene of the last phase and everyone except Gebura died. Here I thought I had dropped that habit after doing that during Arcana Slave :v:.

Now to find the time to do the Kether realization. Giving the pacing of all the realizations and the endgame so far I'm sure this will be quick and breezy.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

Acerbatus posted:

I wasn't the biggest fan of it, but Afterglow imploded because apparently the project lead was a jerk. Too bad, it had some interesting stuff.

That being said there's still good work being done in the mod scene.

I distinctly recall briefly joining the Afterglow discord until I saw a bunch of lovely transphobic memes get posted with no pushback, so this feels less surprising than I thought it'd be.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

GilliamYaeger posted:

She compared herself to Gebura including the power she got from her Distortion. And still got her poo poo kicked in to a brutally one-sided degree as the second easiest fight in the entire thing (first being Binah). Her belief that she was anywhere close to the Red Mist was just her being delusional.

The 'comparing' I was talking about is by the game itself and by the people who made the game, not any in-universe stuff she herself says. That her fight was poorly designed is a different matter entirely (most of them are) and i don't get this argument that gameplay must equal the 'reality' of things. That's like saying that Argalia or Iori are secretly weaklings in-universe because their boss fights can be pushed over really easily. What's the point?

EDIT: Like, I know that we're talking about stuff that will probably never matter in canon so it's pointless because there'll never be any answer but this was just such a weird thing to say

ZeroCount fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jan 18, 2022

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Well, its more that whenever we hear about her, its always as "L'heure du Loup." Even if she was a high ranking syndicate exec, its really only after distorting that she becomes a name that people talk about. Kalo is a big deal, but he's nowhere near a Color, who we see are practically syndicates unto themselves.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Yeah that's fair, actually

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

ArchiveLurker posted:

Finally cleaned up some uninvited guests.

Still working on the last portion of this (it's been a weekend-long project, thanks PM), and I think I agree with your assessment. The first two were brutal, and I'm currently in the middle of the Hokma deck tweaking process, but otherwise they've mostly been pushovers by comparison. I wonder how much of this is everyone in the world thinking "I better not blow all my good keypages on the very first floor, let's see if I can do this with some Liu Fixers", how much is accident, and how much is PM intentionally loving with that instinct.

I'm looking back in time to when I started this process at like 1 AM on Friday with a "one more fight and then bed, will probably be able to wrap the game up this weekend" thought and now I'm wondering whether a next weekend finish is going to happen; have to hand it to these guys, they pack a hell of a lot into their projects.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
If you want to beat Hokma's fight easily, Purple Tear page in guard stance, 3xOminous Power, 3xBi An, 3xSerpentine Barrier, +2 defence die power from Walter and Sweeper passives, anything else you can fit to boost def. For you see, Lean, Bloody Wings is true damage and thus penetrates Pluto's invulnerability, meaning you can just unga him to death. Blockma balls, motherfucker.

Or you can be an absolute chad and go for the legendary 100 roll Boundary of Death 13th Toll instakill.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

My previous strategy was definitely going to work on the next attempt when I didn't gently caress up phase 2 execution, but that is too funny to not drop everything and replicate immediately.

Loxo321
Sep 28, 2021
It's only fitting that while it's theoretically possible to beat Pluto's fight while following the spirit and rules of his contracts and various mechanics to the letter it's way funnier and less time consuming to instead abuse all of the loopholes (no protection against true damage for phases 1 and 2 and mass attacks break Pluto's Hex:Jail cards in phase 2) that occur in Pluto's super-gimmicky fight, just like how Pluto got screwed over in the first place by a loophole in his contract with Roland.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

oh my god the last fight of this set is solo that's so many amazing key pages I could have used earlier that I was conserving just so I could be flexible just in case it demanded some kind of specific mechanical fuckery and/or was actually harder than the rest

I have been thoroughly and effectively trolled by this entire affair, the first floor was the hardest by far

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

On the other hand: Could that fight have been anything else? Dramatic law demanded it.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

You're not wrong, I just don't trust them after this much time playing LC and Library. Absolutely no hesitation about loving you up and telling you to go back and do it again with what you've learned.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
For Library of Ruina, does the game ever actually give a solid answer on if losses or refights are things that actually happen like the loops in lobcorp? I don't actually remember if it ever did and just assumed that was all just a gameplay thing with a rare exception like Kali.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Eopia posted:

For Library of Ruina, does the game ever actually give a solid answer on if losses or refights are things that actually happen like the loops in lobcorp? I don't actually remember if it ever did and just assumed that was all just a gameplay thing with a rare exception like Kali.

It gets answered in a post-abno fight scene with Hokma, where he and Angela discuss the fact that all the guests are actually immediately trapped in stasis when they enter the Library and we just fight infinite copies of them on demand to suit our needs. And though it's not directly stated, this also answers why only specific people flee the Library instead of like, every other guy: it can only happen if the Library specifically lets it happen.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
In other words, any guests get treated to the same process that L-Corp's employees were given.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I assume this is also why <endgame spoilers> the Head takes so long to actually get involved. Right up until the moment they show up, their coming into the library would have been an instant loss for them, which they definitely knew, because the Head.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

I assume this is also why <endgame spoilers> the Head takes so long to actually get involved. Right up until the moment they show up, their coming into the library would have been an instant loss for them, which they definitely knew, because the Head.
<More endgame spoilers>In addition to that, because that's definitely part of why they showed up when they did and no sooner or later, I'm pretty sure they mainly got involved because Angela rejected becoming human. They had absolutely no problem with her when Roland killed her or when she became completely human and spent a few decades centralizing the Fixer industry to the point where Fixers became known as Bookhunters. It's only the true ending, where Roland and Angela forgive each other and Angela decides she'd rather remain a machine than perpetuate suffering, that pisses off the Head.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On a different note, the next Leviathan update is being delayed to feb 4th.

https://twitter.com/ProjMoonStudio/status/1486224704071671808

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Just finished the second realization. So far these haven't been all that hard, which I think is a testament to how much power and flexibility you have by the time you can fight them, and how simple the first sets of abnormalities are even in boss rush form. Some of my librarians are running out of steam while others can still go by the time the last phase rolls around. My key pages are Bamboo-hatted Kim, Yujin, Dante, Puppet page 2 and Oscar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Solitair posted:

Just finished the second realization. So far these haven't been all that hard, which I think is a testament to how much power and flexibility you have by the time you can fight them, and how simple the first sets of abnormalities are even in boss rush form. Some of my librarians are running out of steam while others can still go by the time the last phase rolls around. My key pages are Bamboo-hatted Kim, Yujin, Dante, Puppet page 2 and Oscar.
Should be using Emma instead of Puppet (I'd run three Emmas, in fact, since they're a fuckton stronger than Dante and Oscar could ever be). Better stats and passives (that being an incredible +1 power to 3+ cost cards instead of a wimpy +2 stagger damage). Acrobatics + Lion's Fist + Puppet Skeleton = a HUGE +3 power to power cards like Repressed Flesh. Emma+Puppets is the reason why Yesod dominates Urban Nightmare, why basically everything endures blunt damage in SotC, and why memes like this were made:

If you don't have Emma yet, first fight, third row. Right next to the Puppets.