Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I honestly thought Carroll was still at Newcastle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Surely the striker who has scored 2 league goals in the last four seasons will save Burnley from relegation.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i still want to believe he has an amazing run of form in him because i can’t help but like the big lad but yeah lol burnley are hosed

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

i still want to believe he has an amazing run of form in him because i can’t help but like the big lad but yeah lol burnley are hosed

the one potential saving grace is that Burnley are pretty well set up to accommodate Heads Ball Man

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

vyelkin posted:

the one potential saving grace is that Burnley are pretty well set up to accommodate Heads Ball Man

How does this work when his natural position is in the physio room

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
andy carroll scored 11 goals in a season in 2011 and has somehow parlayed that into semi-relevance a decade later

tip of the cap to that young man

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just checked the fixture list and lmao

https://twitter.com/ODDSbible/status/1481913373755334656?s=20

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Surely the striker who has scored 2 league goals in the last four seasons will save Burnley from relegation.

That's not a bad return for a Burnley striker atm

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

Frankston posted:

I honestly thought Carroll was still at Newcastle

I'm assuming Newcastle got rid because his ankles are dust at this point but who knows

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
None of you watched his two disallowed worldies and it shows

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Total Meatlove posted:

None of you watched his two disallowed worldies and it shows

bunch of fake andy caroll fans ITT

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
John Souttar to Rangers on a pre contract is a Done Deal

https://twitter.com/rangersfc/status/1482049902578388998?s=21

Imagine that he’ll be coming across before the end of this window, got to be hard to turn out for a fan base who are wishing you a career ending injury.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The toon have the money to have bought Carroll instead and gave him a Robocop body so he could lead the line impervious to injury, not sure why they didn't just do that instead.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
why not just buy robocop and leave big andy out of it

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1482048430188941321

lmao?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Eau de MacGowan posted:

why not just buy robocop and leave big andy out of it

Robocarroll, bullet headers all over the show. Also has the ability to ping footballs into his opponents groin.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
what the

https://twitter.com/veneziafc_en/status/1482418891175436292?s=21

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
yes thats his name

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

tbp posted:

yes thats his name
lol

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
My wife was annoyed once because Nani is "who" in Swahili. She also has no familiarity with Abbott and Costello so the annoyance really got spread around.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

tbp posted:

yes thats his name

:vince:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
as a non-weeb who had to google that, let me just say :cheerdoge:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

paddyboat posted:

as a non-weeb who had to google that, let me just say :cheerdoge:

For any others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k69XCqaWfXU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

tbp posted:

yes thats his name

:coolspot:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/FootballJOE/status/1482717404539011076

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
im annoyed that orlando city didnt re-sign nani, he was playing well and i've enjoyed watching him for the last few years

also, that venezia kit is flames emoji flames emoji flames emoji

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

EC10 posted:

im annoyed that orlando city didnt re-sign nani, he was playing well and i've enjoyed watching him for the last few years

also, that venezia kit is flames emoji flames emoji flames emoji

His hair matches the kit accents, the whole picture is just :discourse:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

brocked posted:

My wife was annoyed once because Nani is "who" in Swahili. She also has no familiarity with Abbott and Costello so the annoyance really got spread around.

Nani means “dwarves” in Italian so he’s really just a huge Insigne fan.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Gigi Galli posted:

Nani means “dwarves” in Italian so he’s really just a huge Kwagga fan.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

If he signs for Burnley we are 100% bringing back the Andy Carroll Premier League Goal Scoring Guessing Game for the rest of the season

can I pre-book for "no" yet

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

tbp posted:

yes thats his name

lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Apparently Brentford want to sign Christian Eriksen.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

Apparently Brentford want to sign Christian Eriksen.

It's not too insane an idea, there are a few pros playing with an implanted cardioverter although none at top-league level that I'm aware of. The Italian FA has a specific ban against players playing with them though.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Daley Blind has one fitted, currently playing for Ajax and the Dutch national team.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It's not too insane an idea, there are a few pros playing with an implanted cardioverter although none at top-league level that I'm aware of. The Italian FA has a specific ban against players playing with them though.

Yeah that's why Inter released him apparently, so he's available on a free. The story I saw had Brentford offering him a six-month contract with the possibility of extension, and Eriksen being tempted because Brentofrd has a bunch of Danish players and a Danish manager who's worked with him before.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Dave Angel posted:

Daley Blind has one fitted, currently playing for Ajax and the Dutch national team.

Yeah so no-one at top league level then.

Not sure if it's just West Ham twitter taking a joke too far but *allegedly* Andy Carroll has been spotted at the West Ham training ground. Now there's a stables just round the corner from Rush Green so it could be a case of mistaken identity but I will join the hearty lols of every other club if he's our solution for cover for the injury-prone Antonio.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah so no-one at top league level then.

Not sure if it's just West Ham twitter taking a joke too far but *allegedly* Andy Carroll has been spotted at the West Ham training ground. Now there's a stables just round the corner from Rush Green so it could be a case of mistaken identity but I will join the hearty lols of every other club if he's our solution for cover for the injury-prone Antonio.

got to see Big Andy in action for reading playing vs boro and he was actually a handful tbf, I wouldn't be shocked if he got a prem move soon.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
big andys always been a handful when hes not falling off stools and exploding both his knees, i think premier league clubs are more wary of the latter

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Andy Carroll has no ankles and constant groin problems (from loving so much), get your injuries right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Arsenal are sending another player, this time Pablo Mari, out on loan in the January window despite them "not having enough players to fulfill fixtures".

Points deduction, when?