Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Gene Ricman posted:

If there are any (deranged) people out there who are curious to know what its like to be an evertonian, imagine sideshow bob stepping on the rakes forever.

I dont even care who the next manager will be, because it doesnt matter anymore. Whoever it is, it wont work.

Cheer up, least you dont support Newcastle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Spuckuk posted:

Cheer up, least you dont support Newcastle

If it hadn't said "evertonian" in the post I would've though they did

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Gene Ricman posted:

If there are any (deranged) people out there who are curious to know what its like to be an evertonian, imagine sideshow bob stepping on the rakes forever.

I dont even care who the next manager will be, because it doesnt matter anymore. Whoever it is, it wont work.

I feel this sums up being an Everton fan tbh

quote:

What happened on Saturday was very predictable.

Concede first, moan, fume, Silva out. We've not won a game from behind under him and our away record is terrible.

Equalise straight away, oh actually this might be alright. First set piece goal of the season too (in the Prem).

Miss a few sitters, make some subs that are very loving questionable, 'why the fucks he brining DCL on???'. DCL scores, get in there! Maybe I was wrong about Silva, maybe we'll finally win a game from behind!

VAR. gently caress sake. Maybe Pickford will save it? Nah. Take a draw then. 6 minutes added time? Where the gently caress did that come from? Last minute own goal, Everton that.

And on the non football side, it isn't much better.

As promised I walked round to my cousin's house earlier this morning to ask her out. Now I don't want to use the words 'lead on' but they might apply here. I was under the impression we had a connection, we get on well, have a similar sense of humour, and we shagged a few weeks prior. In my mind, the next step would be a form of exclusivity. Turns out we aren't on the same wavelength. And I'll be honest it was pretty loving awkward lads.

TL;DR she told her sister about us (no one else in the family knows) and now it's loving spread around like Spanish influenza.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
:yeshaha:

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1483409098989318147?t=GS-Rp199qxfzZxtbEJtNAg&s=19

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds play Everton in a few weeks, would love bielsa to get another chance to upset lampard and do the binoculars at him

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

CyberPingu posted:

I feel this sums up being an Everton fan tbh

That ending though

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Do it at the same time like in Stepbrothers

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Lampard Gerrard could never work - but could a lampard rooney 2 man work?

Let's find out

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Is Pardew's contract at Newcastle over now? Maybe he could do the job...

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Tüchel to Newcastle after this season imho

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticUK/status/1483831774287470596

lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Most of the comments seem to be “who would bet against Xhaka getting a yellow?”

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1483934201254748164

Ronald is a pissbaby

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

I'm trying to imagine Ronaldo as a coach now and doing all the lols.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
doesnt he have like 11 cloneskids now, coaching them in one super ronaldo formation has to be big ron's endgame

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ronaldo being subbed off for Maguire and then United conceding is peak ManchesterUnited.txt this season.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Eau de MacGowan posted:

doesnt he have like 11 cloneskids now, coaching them in one super ronaldo formation has to be big ron's endgame

I'm picturing a table football table but all of them have hands on their hips

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
https://twitter.com/_Abzino2/status/1484110184276705283?t=prg0Mlzty55V4oIozOqalg&s=19

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lmao

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lol this should result in a points deduction for the missed game

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

lmao

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Lol this should result in a points deduction for the missed game

and indeed

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Impressive levels of cheating on display, you love to see it

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Moktaro posted:

I'm trying to imagine Ronaldo as a coach now and doing all the lols.

he already coached Portugal to a European Cup

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lmao this is an all time funny football thing imo

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Did you guys actually read the Athletic piece or are we all just reacting to an image cap of two bullet points?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Yea let me just pay for a web site like a freakin idiot

*looks at camera jimmily*

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Eric Cantonese posted:

Did you guys actually read the Athletic piece or are we all just reacting to an image cap of two bullet points?
I was just laughing at the Lab<->Liv connection. I hadn't even gotten to the bullet points.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I saw '*team that aren't my team* in being massive cheats shocker' and nodded sagely

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i just read it, and it is confusing as hell, but from what i've managed to extract

1) the main issue is that a bunch of players were annoyed they had to isolate despite not having covid and

2) lfc kind of screwed themselves as it is now an away game

i...didn't think any of it was particularly funny? just sort of uninteresting and i'm a little annoyed i took the time to actually try and read it

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

the sex ghost posted:

I saw '*team that aren't my team* in being massive cheats shocker' and nodded sagely

as an established fan of cheating, i lol'd at the implication that dalglish's granddaughter was considered sufficient enough cover. also i didn't read any of it besides what i could see in the preview.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

bewbies posted:

i just read it, and it is confusing as hell, but from what i've managed to extract

1) the main issue is that a bunch of players were annoyed they had to isolate despite not having covid and

2) lfc kind of screwed themselves as it is now an away game

i...didn't think any of it was particularly funny? just sort of uninteresting and i'm a little annoyed i took the time to actually try and read it

:agreed:

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Here's the full bullet point list from that Athletic article. I'll see if I can get the full text unless that's against forum rules.

quote:

Over the last ten days, The Athletic has been able to establish the following:

- Liverpool decided to send their players for precautionary PCR tests using a laboratory called BioGrad after a round of negative lateral flow tests

- Liverpool requested the postponement before knowing the results from this additional round of testing

- Liverpool conducted this additional testing because they were fearful of a second outbreak at the club, but it went beyond what was needed to get the tie played

- Positive results were then returned for 13 players

- When these erroneous tests were discounted, neither the club or any of the other authorities in the process highlighted that development publicly

- Klopp’s incorrect terminology triggered the EFL into thinking it might have to open an investigation. However it is clear that Liverpool had no motive to get the game called off

- Some Liverpool players were unhappy and frustrated they were unable to play in two games and were forced into isolation, away from their families, despite not having COVID-19

It seems like much ado about nothing to me, but I will admit that hearing that from a Liverpool fan doesn't mean much.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Liverpool pretended to have a covid outbreak by getting 13 false positive tests delivered because they were scared to play arsenal

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wait so which part of Liverpool sending a bunch of players who had already tested negative to the daughter of Kenny fwiggin Dalglish for covid tests and then requesting a postponement before the results are back hilarious?

Also seems weird that the article makes a distinction between the tests being erroneous positives and Klopp calling them false positives.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

Wait so which part of Liverpool sending a bunch of players who had already tested negative to the daughter of Kenny fwiggin Dalglish for covid tests and then requesting a postponement before the results are back hilarious?

Also seems weird that the article makes a distinction between the tests being erroneous positives and Klopp calling them false positives.

All of it, op

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Sounds like a lot of nothing tbh and Arsenal fans trying to cause a big conspiracy theory.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

I'm sure she tampered with all the tests personally while wearing a full replica of her father's Liverpool kit.

Honestly, I think people (online at least) got hung up on Klopp's use of "false" like it was some admission of tampering.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Eric Cantonese posted:

Honestly, I think people (online at least) got hung up on Klopp's use of "false" like it was some admission of tampering.

Its this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

He didn't have to admit to faking them to have faked them