Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Lost Planet was an amazing graphical showcase back in the day so it may be interesting to look at again just to compare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lost Planet games have some weird transitory controls to third person shooters from a more arcadey kind of layout and has some brutally punishing penalty for getting hit by things. Its extremely its era by playfeel alone.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
When that list says (Windows) does that mean just the Windows version is leaving?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
That's what I thought at first, but I'm not sure why the PC rights would different than console since it hasn't been like in the past. So it probably means it is leaving everything. In short this is not a helpful reply sorry.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Barudak posted:

Danganranpa is apparently up on game pass now

Is that good? I've never heard of it.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

1glitch0 posted:

You're on the internet and you've never heard of it? It's fans make Undertale fans seem understated.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

1glitch0 posted:

No

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

hatty posted:

Does the 360 version of Crazy Taxi have the song All I Want by Offspring?
No, the 360/PS3/Steam port removed the licensed soundtrack in favor of generic punky instrumentals. The various product-placement drop-off locations like Pizza Hut have also been genericized or removed.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

The Kins posted:

No, the 360/PS3/Steam port removed the licensed soundtrack in favor of generic punky instrumentals. The various product-placement drop-off locations like Pizza Hut have also been genericized or removed.

Ah well, I’ll just stick to my GameCube copy then.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lammasu posted:

You're on the internet and you've never heard of it? It's fans make Undertale fans seem understated.

I played Undertale for the first time this year, but had heard of it. Haven't heard of this one ever. But I don't exactly have my finger on the pulse of the world of gaming.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Both the Timesplitters games on sale for the price of a bag of chips… hell fuckin yea

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

It’s so boring

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Both the Timesplitters games on sale for the price of a bag of chips… hell fuckin yea

You might need to fiddle with some of the options in Timesplitters 2 because the controls are pretty archaic and one of them I can't remember which improved the smoothness of the aiming.

What a messy franchise that I really wanted to like the two games a lot more than I did.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Timesplitters 3 is the best co-op game on Xbox

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

yeah, I’m looking at game activity > all achievements > game > stats. everything is being tracked, other than minutes played, which is stuck at 0

If it’s a 360 BC game it won’t track hours I don’t think.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thank you McCoy I am so happy about Max Payne 1-2 which I didn’t even know they’d manage to add omg

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just bought Max Payne 2/3 :)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have an irrational dislike of Max Payne 3 based on my love for 1-2. Great gunplay but it’s just…..not Max Payne. And Dan Houser and co’s version of the hard-boiled narration is abominably terrible even for satire and doesn’t hold a candle to Sam Lake’s writing. They shoulda just made it an original thing imo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Max Payne 3 is a total slog. Great soundtrack tho.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

I have an irrational dislike of Max Payne 3 based on my love for 1-2. Great gunplay but it’s just…..not Max Payne. And Dan Houser and co’s version of the hard-boiled narration is abominably terrible even for satire and doesn’t hold a candle to Sam Lake’s writing. They shoulda just made it an original thing imo

Its better than MP 1 or 2, or, well, would have been if the goddamn cutscenes were skippable.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Its better than MP 1 or 2, or, well, would have been if the goddamn cutscenes were skippable.

It certainly plays better, I would never argue against that. But so much of what I loved about 1-2, the tone and ambience and noir, is just gone.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

i just learned that the big bad in MP3 is voiced by Babs O. who played Jamis in dunc. random. :cool:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The writing in MP3 is classic terrible rockstar stuff. Game is fun when it lets you play. Music is great.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Alright, thats it, Im gonna play all 3 back to back and see if my opinion changes

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Isn’t that desert shooter supposed to be dope? Can’t remember the name right now. Something about war crimes.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
This leaked out a bit early:

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Fly Ricky posted:

Isn’t that desert shooter supposed to be dope? Can’t remember the name right now. Something about war crimes.

Spec Ops: The Line? It's good for a once through.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SPec ops the line is really good

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

The Kins posted:

This leaked out a bit early:

Deaths Door is cool as hell and people are gonna love it on Gamepass.

So excited for Nobody Saves the World.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

gently caress yeah holding out on death's door pays off

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

They're Japanese visual novels. Not dissimilar to Ace Attorney (Phoenix Wright). They're popular within that genre for a reason, but if you're not into that kind of thing, they aren't going to change your mind.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

boz posted:

Spec Ops: The Line? It's good for a once through.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

SPec ops the line is really good

Thanks, that must be the one I’ve heard about. Picked it up.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I want to know if there is a way to play Taiko w/ a drum on xbox

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
What the gently caress Microsoft just bought Activision

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1483428774591053836

wtf

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Whew lad

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That seems great? They’re in shambles but have valuable IPs, MS can clean house for real and move forward.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/dinabass/status/1483429766736666626

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WoW to Xbox…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Holy poo poo, if there's one set of folks who might actually be able to save that loving trash fire it's Phil Spencer and the Xbox team.