Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

harperdc posted:

figured this might be the right audience for this web game

https://wikitrivia.tomjwatson.com

shockingly harder than you'd think, my best streak so far is 8.

My first attempt ended at 15 because this quiz seems to think Gigabyte Technology formed as a company in 769.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

my highest so far is 12, either I'm really bad or getting bad pulls :psyduck:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Having my adult mind put into a 6 year old body and starting elementary school sounds like a Black Mirror level of cosmic torture I could not imagine. Just passing the time at a desk listening to a teacher talk about long division, interacting with all the other kids with an adult brain for a full day for five school days a week.

It's this OP. Gimme that 10 mil now and let me keep rolling with the life I enjoy. There's maybe one (in)decision in my life where I'd be interested in seeing the counterfactual version of it, but I'm good right where I am. Maybe ask me again in six months when my future baby is making GBS threads all over me while I try to change his diaper on two hours of sleep :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/MattZeitlin/status/1483146846503686149

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah I'd take the 10 mill. I know for sure I'd be wiser and better with it now and would probably OD or something if I was mega rich in my early 20s. I was a little nuts back then.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

swickles posted:

I mean, for me 10m easily, but I also feel anyone who has kids and/or a wife is going to take that disproportionately than those who don't.

I'd go to age 6, easily make 10mil with the knowledge I had, and become my now and again wife's guardian angel by bumping her lovely sociopathic father and narcissistic junkie sister off in seeming accidents at different points in her life. (After the sister had her two girls, who are just the most amazing people on earth). Then I'd bump off the girls' molesty little trailer trash gently caress of a father, buy a bank and offer my mother-in-law a do-nothing job for lots of money so she didn't strangle my wife's college education for need of help, and start the love story over again.

Oh, yeah and this time I'd make sure she never got on a toboggan and save her a broken arm.

Basically, Time Traveller's Wife, without the yikes grooming bits.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Oh yeah and I came in here to post that Rovell is managing to find new peaks in Rovellposting

https://twitter.com/SethKlamann/status/1483223360104374272

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Intruder posted:

the democratic party in a nutshell right here

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1483194036521422852

I was really, really, really hoping the blatant hypocrisy, deceits, and malevolence of the democrats this go around would spark something with the base. Foster class consciousness.

No luck yet!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

GD_American posted:

Oh yeah and I came in here to post that Rovell is managing to find new peaks in Rovellposting

https://twitter.com/SethKlamann/status/1483223360104374272

the Sports Journalism thread in general SAS has been having some fun with this

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1483428774591053836
70 Billion Dollars

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I was really, really, really hoping the blatant hypocrisy, deceits, and malevolence of the democrats this go around would spark something with the base. Foster class consciousness.

No luck yet!

Paul Begala is a longtime hardcore Clintonite, this take doesn't surprise me a bit. It just reinforces that Democrats won't ever change until that generation dies off.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

Until March 1st, yes. We had one last week, and Braks just made this one today. Very drat good.

She found a savory boudin filled, étouffée topped king cake for sale on Facebook. As much as I like boudin and étouffée, that just sounds wrong.
I put "boudin filled, étouffée topped king cake" into my Carb manager app and it responded with this:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jesus Christ.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Guess apple goes and buys squeenix?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

I guess Microsoft decided they haven't had a call from antitrust regulators in too long.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

achillesforever6 posted:

70 Billion Dollars

I am sure this will fix everything with their games and culture and also be worth it somehow*

*-wtf

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

shirts and skins posted:

I guess Microsoft decided they haven't had a call from antitrust regulators in too long.

They're too busy poking around Facebook buying every VR studio/ publisher

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
In perhaps better news we can hope?

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1483439049549352962

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

Guess apple goes and buys squeenix?
Sony would be the more likely buyer of squeenix, they have a long partnership.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

uhf 2

al starts his own streaming service

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Purple Drain. Prince never gave him permission to use his catalogue, but he's dead now.

Wait... is this the movie?

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1483447682819624960

Kalli fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 18, 2022

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I was about to say, didn't he just launch a massive US tour that goes on for the next 18 months? When the hell would he film that movie...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Wait... is this the movie?

Well I hoped it was better news for an hour or so I guess.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Jesus Christ

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 18, 2022

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Glad Bobby Kotick can be even more lavishly rewarded for his crimes

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Siri show me the weirdest possible response to this

https://twitter.com/gregisenberg/status/1483433973711781891?t=wexX__fWSSzvTyMKIq9dIQ&s=19

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The Chuck E. Cheese theory of game economics

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

When I participate in a video game, I'm rewarded by having fun playing the game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

saintonan posted:

When I participate in a video game, I'm rewarded by having fun playing the game.

You, a fool, playing Street Fighter 2 for "fun".

Me, a genius, playing nothing but skee ball hoarding tickets for a ruler and rubber finger puppet.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I actually get the logic. He’s basically working backwards from the realization that what makes most giant games popular is the community. So if the community is the true value of something like WoW or CoD then maybe the community should get a cut.

It’s insane of course but I can see the twisted logic.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Play stupid games, get stupid prizes

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

General Dog posted:

This, but as a description of vertical integration.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

General Dog posted:

So it’s TF2 hats all over again?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It’s hats you can buy and use in any game somehow, also only you can use this hat in all those games.

If you don’t understand how this would actually work you just aren’t smart enough to see the possibilities.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

bobjr posted:

It’s hats you can buy and use in any game somehow, also only you can use this hat in all those games.

If you don’t understand how this would actually work you just aren’t smart enough to see the possibilities.

Also you are granted exclusive movie rights for said hat. They can't use that hat in a movie without paying you for it!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I don't play any multiplayer online games - have they made an NFT style thing where players can pay to have their own specific hat that nobody else has or anything like that?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

God I hate my stupid loving state and the hicks we love to elect.

https://twitter.com/RepRalphNorman/status/1483460033249742859?s=20

Good for Nick.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

But this already happens? I purchase a cool skin in a game and I immediately improve my skills and also feel extremely validated in my life decisions.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

There isn’t a :stare: big enough:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Freaquency posted:

There isn’t a :stare: big enough:

Mother earth don't gently caress around.