Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Mordja posted:

Lol all the other games launched with 8, it's literally a value-add and their still bitching.

Are you new to the TW community? The Pontus meme isn’t even an exaggeration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA
the whole of twwh3 looks so loving amazing, even if the only new thing was the diplomacy stuff i would've been pumped

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Was the mixed gender units in the Kislev trailer ever confirmed?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

jokes posted:

This.

Current WH3 complaint list (by no means comprehensive):

- UI is "too red"
- Race-specific ruins colonization art is gone and this is game-breaking somehow
- The fog of war on the 2d map is ugly and this is game-breaking somehow.
- 9th LL isn't established and the world is now doomed.

Pontus meme is a meme for a reason.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Despite all their complaints in the past CA still just released normal-rear end spearmanii game after normal-rear end spearmanii game and we all gleefully played them. Total warhammer is so far and away above the other total war games, it’ll be a blast no matter how much people complain.

Just make turn times even faster motherfuckers

feller
Jul 5, 2006

jokes posted:

You don’t have to be new to think it’s ridiculous

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Not for nothing, but I don't remember people throwing a fit when Relic created the Blood Ravens whole-cloth for DOW and they went on to became tabletop canon, so it really does sound like the complaints are from the TW side not the W one.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Mordja posted:

Not for nothing, but I don't remember people throwing a fit when Relic created the Blood Ravens whole-cloth for DOW and they went on to became tabletop canon, so it really does sound like the complaints are from the TW side not the W one.

The kleptomaniac Blood Ravens managed to steal their very existence

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Mordja posted:

The relic games were a traditional RTS game for the most part with a general story in a tiny part of the setting. Total warhammer by contrast is essentially Warhammer Fantasy's swansong.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Gamers always forget the time before they were catered to. Dawn of War was an awesome game and omg WH40k IP and omg it's a good game. Now TWWH3 is clearly a rush job piece of poo poo even though it's already twice as big as launch TWWH2. :jerkbag: I can't believe I thought the griping was over

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Because I've seen some outrage over the 9th LL being a non-established character, I want to reiterate that I love that Kitbashing is the 9th LL.

:vince:

My god, you are exactly right. What is more warhammy then gluing random stuff from your bits box together to make your own character? Nothing.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
This complaint seems extra dumb because part of the appeal of WF is that everythings so big so you can insert your own homebrew dudes into it. There's like 300 imperial cities and 5000 Dwarven holds and 10,000 ork tribes so you can come up with whatever cool colour scheme and backstory you want for when you paint your little toy soldiers.

Vagabong fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 18, 2022

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hot
Pink
Orcs

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Someone go through old White Dwarf issues to find another Vampire Coast style out of nowhere faction to add as DLC.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Ethiser posted:

Someone go through old White Dwarf issues to find another Vampire Coast style out of nowhere faction to add as DLC.

Its called Dogs of War

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Vagabong posted:

This complaint seems extra dumb because part of the appeal of WF is that everythings so big so you can insert your own homebrew dudes into it. There's like 300 imperial cities and 5000 Dwarven holds and 10,000 ork tribes so you can come up with whatever cool colour scheme and backstory you want for when you paint your little toy soldiers.

"B-but I need lore on all 10,000 of those Ork tribes so I can lord it over the 12 year olds I crush down the games store!"

Seriously, GW's always encouraged DIY lore and subfactions and army schemes and all those super minor 'colour scheme, name and a blurb' Space Marine chapters etc etc are literally there to provide a starter for players to basically adopt and make their own and yet so many nerds are so loving addicted to minutia that anything that isn't official lore (or even then, official lore that doesn't fit their meme-poisoned preconceptions) is basically haram.

Ethiser posted:

There was a Gnoblar army list from a few years back. All Gnoblars with piggy-back rider cavalry and a multitude of different dumb variants of Gnob.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hobgoblakhan is the best word in this, or any, language so I am very excited for hobgoblins to be a thing

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

jokes posted:

Hot
Pink
Orcs
Supa Sneaki Greenskins?

jokes posted:

Hobgoblakhan is the best word in this, or any, language so I am very excited for hobgoblins to be a thing
I would love a "cavalry" (mobility?) focused Greenskin faction.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

It's insane that people would be mad at the build-a-bear daemon. From the start giving players the freedom to invent their own backstory and lore for their army, as well as painting them silly colours, has been the core of both Warhammer's. It's like showing up to a 40k tournament and being mad that someone painted their Space Marines as anything other than one of the canon chapters.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

It's insane that people would be mad at the build-a-bear daemon. From the start giving players the freedom to invent their own backstory and lore for their army, as well as painting them silly colours, has been the core of both Warhammer's. It's like showing up to a 40k tournament and being mad that someone painted their Space Marines as anything other than one of the canon chapters.

Well the tournament officials would get mad in that case :v:

Believe the rule is if you're running a specific Space Marine faction/subfaction in general, you have to run them in the specific faction colours for readability purposes.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Supa Sneaki Greenskins?

I would love a "cavalry" (mobility?) focused Greenskin faction.

Morglum Necksnapper would be a good alternative.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
"I want other people to imagine for me, and I want to spend all my time exploring the intricate details of their ideas" is a core attribute of a certain kind of nerd and they will be forever at war with "I want to use other people's imagination as a jumping off point for my own."

I am stupidly excited about DIY LL. I wonder just how far we can go.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DaysBefore posted:

It's insane that people (Warhammer fans) would be mad at <something>
lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Yeah fair

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Gonkish posted:

- UI is "too red"

To be fair that one is more understandable. For me it just lacks contrast, but overall I like the cleaner appearance over the weathered paper of the previous two games.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Build-a-Lord is perfectly fine in campaign, but it really doesn't belong in MP and I suspect won't be present there. There might still be an Undivided faction in MP at launch with generic lords and possibly Be'lakor (similar to Sarthoreal being available in MP for WoC), but that's about it. In campaign it can be fun to take a step back from the normal options and just do your own thing since balance doesn't remotely matter, but balance is rather more important in MP - particularly since CA seems to be trying to capture interest there - and completely custom lords for a faction are never good for that.

edit: Among more reasonable concerns regarding the UI change is that the colors they've chosen are actually really bad in terms of readability for certain forms of color blindness. Presumably CA has considered this and has some sort of accessibility option in the settings, but they've not exactly confirmed that.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 18, 2022

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
His name is Kit Basher

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol the blood ravens debuted at the same time as the 4th ed space marine codex with vast swathes of custom chapter builder rules. Nerd, nerd never changes.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
I actually agree with that complaint, but that is since I had eye surgery dark background with white text royally fucks with me. Reading it for too long gives me a headache and if it's a thick text some massive bright afterimages from the text.

The TWH3 aren't that bad but for example if I want to catch up on some lore on https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Elves I have to read it with breaks. Seeing them right next to each other like that, for me the TWH2 one is so much easier on my eyes.

edit: Thread is moving fast, was responding to Sasgrillos post :v:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Sasgrillo posted:

To be fair that one is more understandable. For me it just lacks contrast, but overall I like the cleaner appearance over the weathered paper of the previous two games.

thats the new UI? Okay this is bullshit CA
Graaaaaaaghhh!

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Sasgrillo posted:

I gotta say the CA should be ashamed of the rivets in the new UI, there's nothing in the Warhammer universe that would suggest rivets or screws are frequently used and this just destroys player immersion. What's next, a little tech priest that tells you about chaos spells in the FANTASY setting??

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Pretty sure Blood Ravens didn't have that kind of response because that was 2006 and outside of perhaps NMA people hadn't realised that they could be caustic assholes without much being done about it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Tirranek posted:

Pretty sure Blood Ravens didn't have that kind of response because that was 2006 and outside of perhaps NMA people hadn't realised that they could be caustic assholes without much being done about it.

we always knew

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I want to say people were just pleased they weren't ultramarines

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Sasgrillo posted:

Yeah its worse but its worse in a "shrug and go about your business" way not ranting about how the end is nigh.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

jokes posted:

The kleptomaniac Blood Ravens managed to steal their very existence

DoW 2 turned Blood Ravens into one of my favorite Space Marine chapters, almost entirely because of this meme. :allears:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Chad Jihad posted:

I want to say people were just pleased they weren't ultramarines

There is that

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Ravenfood posted:

Yeah its worse but its worse in a "shrug and go about your business" way not ranting about how the end is nigh.

I actually like the colour contrast in the new one. Also while I like the WH2 map design a lot I've come around on the new one, I can see how it's better. Surprised there wasn't much of a fuss about that big a change, though.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Total War: Warhammer 3 - Build Your Own SLAMBO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Gonkish posted:

- UI is "too red"
It is. Or more specifically the background is too "dominant", which fucks with the readability in my opinion. Actually reading the text and icons is annoying and I find I have to actually focus on it, instead of being able to get what it says by just quickly glancing at it.
It's something that should be easily modded. But I imagine the GUI design is not exactly color-blind friendly, and competent GUI design ought to take that into consideration.:colbert: