Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

There is a remastered MW2 campaign though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

inshallah

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Beastie posted:

There is a remastered MW2 campaign though

I don't seem to recall there being any online multiplayer in the remastered MW2 campaign considering that it is, you know, just the campaign. but thanks for letting us know I guess lol

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

teagone posted:

I also hope this means I can uninstall the stupid battle.net launcher and just have everything in the xbox app on PC.

i hope its the other way around

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Just responding to you saying “I’d do anything for remastered 2, that campaign ruled” so I figured you were only talking about the campaign

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Beastie posted:

Just responding to you saying “I’d do anything for remastered 2, that campaign ruled” so I figured you were only talking about the campaign

ahhh I see, I think you got your wires a little crossed, that post was about CoD2, the game set in World War 2, which is why I also mentioned WWII and Vanguard. no worries!

too many drat call of duty sequels with "2" in the name!!!!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Yeah you are correct, my bad. I played through CoD2 a few months ago and a remaster would be sweet.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
imagine being a gamer and not owning an xbox and/or gamepass

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Crafty posted:

:real:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crafty posted:

Biggest mistake I ever made until 2020 when I got one.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

barnold posted:

ahhh I see, I think you got your wires a little crossed, that post was about CoD2, the game set in World War 2, which is why I also mentioned WWII and Vanguard. no worries!

too many drat call of duty sequels with "2" in the name!!!!

all of them are good too. except WWII but i don't think the term "world war 2" technically counts as a Call of Duty sequel

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Crafty posted:

I played more games on gamepass in the past 3 months than I did otherwise the past 3 years

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Wall Street Journal now reporting that Bobby is definitely hitting the bricks once the merger is final.

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1483494849944997889

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

VanillaGorilla posted:

Wall Street Journal now reporting that Bobby is definitely hitting the bricks once the merger is final.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXMej__yTmE

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Kotic Boby

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VanillaGorilla posted:

Yeah, I’m not surprised, he’s pretty much goddamn nuclear waste at this point. Him getting his big buyout will suck, but hey more for people to sue him for later. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Not at all surprised at how quick it was to clarify that Kotick will be gone.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

barnold posted:

everybody says they want MW2 remastered but the nanosecond it became available people would be bitching about the weapon balance like it wasn't always an insanely hosed up akimbo UMP45 wasteland. but that doesn't make me want it any less.

COD has been poo poo for a long time but I would pay a stupid amount of money for an online multiplayer game that took all the content from Modern Warfare 1, 2 & 3 and put it in one package so all the maps, perks, killstreaks etc. were all available. Yeah MW2 had some stupidly broken builds but that was part of the charm anyways and if you're playing the multiplayer from the games I mentioned you know what you're getting. I still played MW3 multiplayer for far longer than I should have because it was so comically over the top when killstreaks started rolling and that trilogy really was something special.

Kinda wish Bungie was still with Activision just for the hilarity of the situation.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

You can keep MW3, that game was butt cheeks

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

External Organs posted:

Crash Bandicoot is perfectly aligned to compete directly with Spider-Man, furthermore,

There won't be any unlockable Spider-Man in the 2026 Xbox exclusive Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Forever.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I wonder how fluid the final price is, whether they agreed to a set rate to market cap or relative at closing time. Announcing that they're going to add a large chunk of the catalog to gamepass is sure to stymy upcoming sales and affect stock prices when sales goals aren't met.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blue Raider posted:

You can keep MW3, that game was butt cheeks

I don’t know the campaign, while about as logical as all of them, it did have some really fun set pieces and moments.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

sudo rm -rf posted:

i hope its the other way around

That's true, the Xbox app is pretty rear end on PC.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teagone posted:

That's true, the Xbox app is pretty rear end on PC.

Yeah I literally had to redo my entire computer to finally get it to run. It’s probably why I barely use the PC one and possibly do two questions of how well most games would run.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Making old Blizzard games available and potentially rescuing future dev is just swell. Time to finish Starcraft Ghost.

Nobody Saves the World has stellar reviews. Def trying that out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

Kinda wish Bungie was still with Activision just for the hilarity of the situation.

I would still be laughing two hours later.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

VanillaGorilla posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFdgwJ7Hm9Y

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

ErrEff posted:

There won't be any unlockable Spider-Man in the 2026 Xbox exclusive Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Forever.

Holy poo poo I completely forgot about the Tony Hawk IP despite the 1&2 remaster being amazing. I hope Xbox bring the IP back, even if it's just letting the same studio give the same treatment to THPS 3&4 before moving on to the Underground games.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
What I wonder is, how long has this buyout been under talks? I'm not a buyer of Activiation or Blizzard titles (even before everything kicked off; I just like other stuff), but the sense I had was that even before all the horrible poo poo came out, they're lustre had been waning (I acknowledge I could be dead wrong there).

That is, did MS smell blood in the water and enter talks, or was it more that stuff was already under discussion, the wave of horrible poo poo breaks, and MS maybe were in a position negotiate a lower price accordingly? Not that I expect we'll ever know. Just random pondering.

Edit: Now I think on it, the 'wave' broke over Activision a pretty long time ago at this point? I think the fact that there has been *so* much poo poo that has kept coming out, it kept the matter of horrible poo poo seeming 'new', in terms of news.

magimix fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 18, 2022

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Kaboobi posted:

so yeah, he's going to be getting another $300m in a couple years
https://twitter.com/gamesbizuk/status/1483435864378290179?t=otkXIAEM41ztDDHNl-uYbA&s=19

I mena, they could almost certainly fire him for cause if they wanted to deal with it and then they only owe him 265k

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Crafty posted:

i keep telling myself to get gamepass but does it have anything i want to play. i will probably play psychonauts 2 but might just buy it outright if there's nothing else on there i want to play

here's what i've used series x for so far:
cuphead
blu ray
spelunky
driving around aimlessly in forza horizon 4 while really high (this is no longer fun)
friends playing games they already have on playstation on my xbox so they can bitch about the controller

my switch has gotten lots of use:
hades
metroid
mario kart
the messenger
dead cell
hollow knight
lots of other 2d roguelike/metroidvania

i guess i could buy some of those games again on xbox

list of games that are not fun:
elder scroll
3rd-person open world (gta, rdr, some others i've played and don't remember)
1st-person shootymans (halo, gear, cod, whatever they're all the same thing)
sport
game where you can go different places but there is no map. i am a huge idiot and get lost v.easily so games like sekiro and bloodborne are v.hard for me but for the wrong reason
game with cutscenes i can't skip

KernelZee
Sep 28, 2021

I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.

Crafty posted:

Heh I’m worse I did the Xbox live gold -> GPU upgrade (3 years) and never have I used it, heck I think it runs out this year :psyduck:, I just prefer my digital leases to be on steam I guess…

At this juncture MS seems to care about pc gaming again so it’s whatever, if it gets me a new vegas 2 and/or a blizzard game not created by breastmilk thieves, and vicarious visions working on Tony hawk 3 + 4 instead of being in Diablo jail, then it’s worth it.

Insane MS owns such much gaming IP now but it’s basically going to be Food Industry 2.0 except with 3 players instead of ~10

KernelZee fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 18, 2022

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Substandard posted:

I mena, they could almost certainly fire him for cause if they wanted to deal with it and then they only owe him 265k

Nope, not a loving chance lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Substandard posted:

He'd sue them for twice what he's owed.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

butt dickus posted:

driving around aimlessly in forza horizon 4 while really high (this is no longer fun)

get high, fly around aimlessly in flight simulator

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

man I really wish Crazy Taxi 3 for the OG Xbox would have been made backward compatible. Same soundtrack but now you could do ridiculous jumps in the car and poo poo.

Also why in the gently caress did JSRF never make it

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

man I really wish Crazy Taxi 3 for the OG Xbox would have been made backward compatible. Same soundtrack but now you could do ridiculous jumps in the car and poo poo.

Also why in the gently caress did JSRF never make it

music licenses for both

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

magimix posted:

What I wonder is, how long has this buyout been under talks? I'm not a buyer of Activiation or Blizzard titles (even before everything kicked off; I just like other stuff), but the sense I had was that even before all the horrible poo poo came out, they're lustre had been waning (I acknowledge I could be dead wrong there).

That is, did MS smell blood in the water and enter talks, or was it more that stuff was already under discussion, the wave of horrible poo poo breaks, and MS maybe were in a position negotiate a lower price accordingly? Not that I expect we'll ever know. Just random pondering.

Edit: Now I think on it, the 'wave' broke over Activision a pretty long time ago at this point? I think the fact that there has been *so* much poo poo that has kept coming out, it kept the matter of horrible poo poo seeming 'new', in terms of news.

No idea but I'm interested in how they handle things with Blizzard since Diablo 4 development seems to have gone wonky and Overwatch 2 is stuck in development hell. I hope in the case of the latter they just cancel it and do a re-launch of the original Overwatch with all the new maps and modes so we get to keep 6v6 rather than being reverted to 5v5 which has looked terrible every time they've shown it. Just do a relaunch with all the new multiplayer stuff and have the singleplayer campaign they've been working on be standalone to buy separately. I've been dreading OW2 launching since they said the multiplayer will merge with the first game which means those of us who don't want 5v5 will still end up having it and that would probably kill the game. After the backlash and delays it's clear they don't know what to do any more.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Substandard posted:

seems getting in a massive lawsuit instead of spending $300m for someone to just shut up and go away is a bad idea to me, but what do I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

zenintrude posted:

get high, fly around aimlessly in flight simulator
this would probably be fun to do for about fifteen minutes until i get bored out of my mind, especially since crashing doesn't do anything exciting