Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Have people forgotten Kanye's Monster was used in the Witcher trailer? Were in 2012's, baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Durf posted:

hey Oscar Isaac's back to superheros and egypt let's see how that pans out this time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Krla_UxRg

Edit out all the superhero stuff and there's a descent movie about a very sleepy Oscar Isaac

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I haven't watched a lot of Whedon's output but where does the "well, that happened" cliché comes from? I always hear people complain about that one but I can't think of specific examples.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

nobody can do MGS but Kojima, its a mix of old school pulpy 80's action movie poo poo along with whatever has been bouncing around his head

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I still wait for the James Bond movie that finally just has him fight a Metal Gear at the end.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I want James Bond to just be hologram sean connery. enough with the wokes they won't control anything in a few months

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

YaketySass posted:

I haven't watched a lot of Whedon's output but where does the "well, that happened" cliché comes from? I always hear people complain about that one but I can't think of specific examples.

I don't remember I'm guessing Buffy? But it's a perfect example of his style of writing

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

YaketySass posted:

it's just shorthand for how every story beat has to be undercut with a quip

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

vyelkin posted:

Possibly the dumbest "how did yet another person miss the point" review yet:

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1067746578226704384

me, pissing in the punchbowl at a wedding: listen, I'm involved in real and genuine debates about whether to immediately stop pissing, or whether a more gradual cutoff of the stream could find a middle ground to a drinkable punch and a not ruined event. its so telling of your childish worldview that youd lump me in with the guy making GBS threads on the cake

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

YaketySass posted:

It's actually from a Mamet movie, believe it or not.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Mantis42 posted:

It's actually from a Mamet movie, believe it or not.
lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUXpYMV17fw

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

i wonder if that's what he said on the set of Rust too

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

god drat it mamet

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

i wonder if that's what he said on the set of Rust too

lol

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

loving these songs remixed for movie trailers, where they sync up the "day and night" with the guy who has sleeping problems and "pick up the phone" with the guy picking up the phone

but, thanks disney, at least the moon guy isn't a lonely stoner! maybe in the movie he will free his mind? at night even?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
is there some kind of resurgence of 2008-2012 culture and music?

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis were playing that "ceiling can't hold us" song during Times Square NYE 2022. I thought those guys were gone after everyone made fun of Macklemore for not being gay...

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Durf posted:

Oscar Isaac menacingly pointing his gun and grunting for 15 minutes while the bad guy shares their plans for world domination and a detailed summary of the sociopolitical climate of the cold war

psycho mantis making fun of the audience scores in the pre-show trivia app, before simulating a blackout and telling everyone to go home

the lovable guard Johnny with irritable bowel syndrome will be played by Ryan Reynolds

An MGS movie will get one of two things: A big budget or skim milk criticism of the United States.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
they're making an MGS movie?

Wow that's gonna be unbelievably bad. I wish they'd just let that series rip in peace peacefully instead of doing poo poo like this

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Casey Finnigan posted:

they're making an MGS movie?

Wow that's gonna be unbelievably bad. I wish they'd just let that series rip in peace peacefully instead of doing poo poo like this

or at least end its life as a pachinco machine.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Showtime is putting out a movie about the Uber CEO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMP21LO0Guc

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
if they dont play the battle theme in the mgs movie, totally unmodified, during a stealth scene, im going to do a MONDO crime on the responsible parties

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
you couldn't make an MGS movie without it being memetic as hell and that would ruin it.

what would be cool is if someone made a low budget syfy channel TV movie that just rips off MGS (as is the tradition) and tells some other story with all the same elements. it needs to be 4:3.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Its ##notmymgs if it doesnt have the ladder

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1483188256875241472

every joker from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Crisis of Infinite Dafoe's

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

every joker from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party

do it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
CGI Heath Ledger Joker

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
scary on 61st is super lovely for the first twenty minutes until dashas character shows up and i was hooting and hollering every time poo poo like clinton body count or pizzagate came up

the masturbation/asphyxiation cross cut scene is incredible

half the words out of dasha's mouth are things ive said to friends its loving incredible. everyone in this thread would love the movie

the quick RLM review of it was right, it's insane to see this kind of exploitation movie get made in this day and age, it kept escalating way beyond what i imagined possible

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 21:44 on Jan 18, 2022

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/OnionIncUnion/status/1483504541266063360

havent read AVC since they got bought by gawker and the site turned to poo poo but man they got hosed pretty bad

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

into the joker verse

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Maya Fey posted:

https://twitter.com/OnionIncUnion/status/1483504541266063360

havent read AVC since they got bought by gawker and the site turned to poo poo but man they got hosed pretty bad

good for them, its still amazing how badly hosed all of the Onion Extended Universe sites got

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

dafoe would be a good joker

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

into the joker verse

leto, phoenix, dafoe, hamill, nicholson, hologram ledger, let's do it

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Full Metal Jacket is a great gauge for people because if they say they only like the first part you know they're popcorn chomping idiots

Even if they like the second part, a lot of people only like it because there's Vietnamese prostitutes and, as a high school classmate of mine who loved the film put it, "gook killing."

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

cesar romero erasure smh

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

cesar romero erasure smh

hes dead but yeah good point, so is ledger

ive been watching all of batman 66 tv with my kid and he absolutely loves it. we just saw one last night where joker's plan is to contribute to the juvenile deliquency of teens by giving them free money out of vending machines and then planting evidence to get them suspended from school. once they were out of school they'd have no choice but to join a criminal gang!! it was incredible

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

cesar romero erasure smh

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

mastershakeman posted:

can Hamill even do the voice anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
You know why SNL is good -when it's good. *Shows a joker card*
It's because when SNL was good, it was mainly an alternative universe 'what if' show about celebrity culture jokes.
A sort of comic book world for contemporary American culture. - Suck it Trebek-
And movies can now be created cheap enough, where those 'what if' glimpses are realities.

https://youtu.be/ECx3wKaujOw?t=303
You know you want a Jim Carry movie where Jim Carry as Ace Venture fights Fire Marshall BIll.