Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Honestly at this rate I half expect Young Justice to pull an Ideon or Dunbine towards the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly at this rate I half expect Young Justice to pull an Ideon or Dunbine towards the end

Oh yeah, I totally know what you mean.

(Pulls out his phone to Google Space Runaway Ideon and Aura Battler Dunbine. Tries to figure out endings based on Wiki summaries.)

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
The first couple results from "ideon gif" search should help.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Alright, how bad could it be....
Oh no! The whole head?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The Question IRL posted:

Oh yeah, I totally know what you mean.

(Pulls out his phone to Google Space Runaway Ideon and Aura Battler Dunbine. Tries to figure out endings based on Wiki summaries.)

Both are animes that are infamous for having "kill them all" endings(not really a spoiler considering Ideon is a full decade older than me and Dunbine is only slightly less old)

Though such an ending would be worth it if it also came with a Ideon: Be Invoked tier animation upgrade

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
E: wrong thread

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jan 19, 2022

King Baby
Sep 30, 2021
Just watched Batman: Soul Of The Dragon. It’s pretty much an alternate of the Shang Chi movie with the now Asian Richard Dragon as Shang-Chi and Batman as Aquafina and another magic door. This takes place in the 70s because everyone has sideburns, Batman’s gadgets are a little dated, and 70s kung fu music! I still have my hold ups with these animated movies being so cheap, but I liked this one. There’s some good flow in some scenes and the ending was kinda bad rear end. I just wish it had more of a 70s vibe instead of a couple set dressings to the usual house style. Michael Jai White uses 2 voices to represent his older and younger selves, nobody else does this and it’s weird.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would be first in line for Aqwafina as Batman.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

King Baby posted:

Just watched Batman: Soul Of The Dragon. It’s pretty much an alternate of the Shang Chi movie with the now Asian Richard Dragon as Shang-Chi and Batman as Aquafina and another magic door. This takes place in the 70s because everyone has sideburns, Batman’s gadgets are a little dated, and 70s kung fu music! I still have my hold ups with these animated movies being so cheap, but I liked this one. There’s some good flow in some scenes and the ending was kinda bad rear end. I just wish it had more of a 70s vibe instead of a couple set dressings to the usual house style. Michael Jai White uses 2 voices to represent his older and younger selves, nobody else does this and it’s weird.

I liked it. It didn't blow my mind but it was a fun use of 90 minutes

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
soul of the dragon towers over most of the recent DC animated films

especially Injustice let me tell ya the real injustice was what that movie does to the source material hey-ooooh

King Baby
Sep 30, 2021

Rhyno posted:

I would be first in line for Aqwafina as Batman.

It’s really weird how similar these movies are. Lady Shiva is standing in for Shang-Chi’s sister, she even has her own underground fight dojo. Bronze Tiger gets all the funny lines and drops the next plot location like Ben Kingsley did. Sword hand guy is snake hand guy, and the 10 rings are the soul sword. Mad libs!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I think I'm looking forward to Catwoman: Hunted which really feels like - at least by the trailers - Catwoman But Lupin III.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Blockhouse posted:

soul of the dragon towers over most of the recent DC animated films

especially Injustice let me tell ya the real injustice was what that movie does to the source material hey-ooooh

Isn’t the real Injustice movie just the cutscenes from the two games spliced together?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I'm in a Batman mood

I have mentioned it many times but I really liked the Under the Red Hood movie and maybe it's just the fact I don't watch all that much DC animated stuff but the lack of consistent voice-actors bugs me to no end. Jason Todd has a new voice in everything when Jensen Ackles was perfect in the role.

Is Kevin Conroy the only VA to be sort of "essential" to a part so much so he gets brought back for a bunch of stuff whatever the continuity and everybody else just gets constantly shuffled around?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hamill's the Joker almost as often. George Newbern's been brought back as Superman a few times also. Harley Quinn was less the actual actor, but you had to be able to do a decent Sorkin impression for a while, hence why Tara Strong does it a lot, but I think Margot Robbie and Kaley Cuoco have broken that barrier.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I liked Jason O'Mara as batman, I know he does a few.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Under the Red Hood is one of the best (if not the best) DC animated films.

"This is the greatest day of my life."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

Hamill's the Joker almost as often. George Newbern's been brought back as Superman a few times also. Harley Quinn was less the actual actor, but you had to be able to do a decent Sorkin impression for a while, hence why Tara Strong does it a lot, but I think Margot Robbie and Kaley Cuoco have broken that barrier.

I know at least once they got Troy Baker to do his best Hamill impersonation for that Suicide Squad movie.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

I know at least once they got Troy Baker to do his best Hamill impersonation for that Suicide Squad movie.

He did it for Arkham Origin is probably why. He's the only actor I can think of who's played Batman AND the Joker.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Glad to find somebody who agrees. I try to be humble and non-confrontational because so many stan for Mask of the Phantasm due to it being DCAU and all the greatness that entails. But I've loved Under the Red Hood ever since I saw it years ago and I've rewatched it more than any DC movie except maybe Return of the Joker.

My GF really likes Jason Todd, might do a rewatch of it with her around Valentine's Day.
https://youtu.be/KoH12YfsoiI
https://youtu.be/kgW7pBKcU4k

"You say you wanna be better than me. But it won't happen. Not like this!"

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 14, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Of the ones that aren't in the old school DCAU I'd probably agree. I think Return of the Joker and Mask of the Phantasm are probably better.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Diedrich Bader in Batman:BatB was A++ and I will fite anyone who disagrees.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I really liked those animated Adam West ones they did a few years back, they captured what I remember the 60s show being like at least.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Toshimo posted:

Diedrich Bader in Batman:BatB was A++ and I will fite anyone who disagrees.

He was fantastic and perfect for the role

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I haven't straight up hated any of the Batman voices, the one for Justice League: War and Son of the Batman and that psuedo universe is probably the weakest.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rhyno posted:

I think UtRH is pretty universally acclaimed as "one of the good ones" but I would personally rate Gods & Monsters and Justice Society: World War II on the same level. Highly recommended.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

AlternateNu posted:

I think UtRH is pretty universally acclaimed as "one of the good ones" but I would personally rate Gods & Monsters and Justice Society: World War II on the same level. Highly recommended.

Seconding Gods & Monsters. I think I've said it before but god I wish they'd revisit that universe.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
Anyone seen the new Catwoman anime?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Teen Titans Go! is going to just continue chugging along as they were renewed for an 8th season that will bring them up to 400 episodes. A confirmed character showing up next season is Beard Hunter.

What makes the show still work after all this time is how they're not afraid to just do something different. An episode that reunites the cast of Freakazoid, an episode that's just about musical group De La Soul's challenges with ownership of their back catalog or an episode guest starring George Perez and Marv Wolfman as themselves.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was pretty dece IIRC.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

muscles like this! posted:

Teen Titans Go! is going to just continue chugging along as they were renewed for an 8th season that will bring them up to 400 episodes. A confirmed character showing up next season is Beard Hunter.

What makes the show still work after all this time is how they're not afraid to just do something different. An episode that reunites the cast of Freakazoid, an episode that's just about musical group De La Soul's challenges with ownership of their back catalog or an episode guest starring George Perez and Marv Wolfman as themselves.

Wait wait wait! Hold the presses! They did a reunion episode for the cast of WHICH show!?

I need ep number now!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The episode title is Hugbees.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Ya know, I never really thought about it until all my Batman discussions in the last week, but I think the reason I have always loved Batman Beyond and even preferred it to BLTAS is that it's a "Bat Family" story by its very nature. And that's also why Under the Red Hood is my favorite Batman film. I pointed out to ImpAtom that I preferred BB to Dark Knight Rises because in Rises Batman just saves himself. In the DCAU, Batman would have died alone and miserable if not for Terry. Jason is also heading to an ugly and bitter end without Bruce.

I guess I just prefer stories that aren't centered entirely on Bruce. Alone, he is nothing; a sad wreck of a human being. The only hope any of them have is with each other.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

NikkolasKing posted:

Ya know, I never really thought about it until all my Batman discussions in the last week, but I think the reason I have always loved Batman Beyond and even preferred it to BLTAS is that it's a "Bat Family" story by its very nature. And that's also why Under the Red Hood is my favorite Batman film. I pointed out to ImpAtom that I preferred BB to Dark Knight Rises because in Rises Batman just saves himself. In the DCAU, Batman would have died alone and miserable if not for Terry. Jason is also heading to an ugly and bitter end without Bruce.

I guess I just prefer stories that aren't centered entirely on Bruce. Alone, he is nothing; a sad wreck of a human being. The only hope any of them have is with each other.

If you don't need any actual crime fighting, Batman: Wayne Family Adventures may be right up your (Crime) Alley

Edit: it is a comic on Webtoon, to be clear

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

hiddenriverninja posted:

If you don't need any actual crime fighting, Batman: Wayne Family Adventures may be right up your (Crime) Alley

Edit: it is a comic on Webtoon, to be clear

It is very good. Slice of life with the Bat-Family.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

That does sound really awesome, thanks for the suggestion.

Dunno if you all go in for music videos but I found this really sweet and heartwarming. It's basically "slice of life" - just fanart of the Bat Family being a family.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfiEmTEc0gs

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

NikkolasKing posted:

That does sound really awesome, thanks for the suggestion.

Just thought I'd link my favorite issue of WFA here.

https://www.webtoons.com/en/slice-of-life/batman-wayne-family-adventures/ep-7-vigilante-bingo/viewer?title_no=3180&episode_no=7

It works in its own kinda canon where all the Bat-kids live/work out of the Manor, including Duke as the "new guy"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
wayne family adventures is lots of fun

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

So Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum are working on an animated revival of Smallville and well,

Tom Welling posted:

We’re working on animated series that picks up right after our Smallville [Season 10] and, again, telling our own story and our vision is that we get Erica… It might be tough to get Allison … But even Sam Jones III [who played Pete Ross] and Lionel Luthor is going to be a big part of that. John Glover wants to do it, we’ve already been into this.
Uhhm, that's a bit of an understatement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That wording makes it sound like they're eager to try.