Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/poppy_haze/status/1482410362985144327?t=ny90Rwz5DxQf-RXvx5qxHw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/inkzel/status/1483476936395571203

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

this is where the reptile people live

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

John Human
1234 Human St.
Humansville, USA

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dungeon Ecology posted:

John Human
1234 Human St.
Humansville, USA

Originally from France

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

sexpig by night posted:

this is where the reptile people live

On Main Street? Uh oh, there's lots of those...

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Everything in that map looks fake. Why yes, I live on...English Street, near Route, uh, 123.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

My favourite drinking establishment? Why, it's...

processing... 99.7% probability match found.

...A PUB. It is IRISH. The proprietor's name is MURPHY.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humansville,_Missouri

Wikipedia posted:

Humansville was named after an American settler, Judge James G. Human, who settled in the area in 1834.[7]

Who do the lizards think they're fooling here? Come on

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

we humansvillians are simple folk. round here we like our location services off

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day
Am I the only one that realizes that if I went back to 6 years old, I would be a child prodigy? Graduate high school by the age of 12 and study university courses that you already know the future of so you'd be a leader in the field. Even if you're not that bright, knowing generalities of what happens in the future is a huge advantage. I'd be studying computer technology at MIT in the early 80's, then making bank from the tech that I already know will succeed. You don't even have to create it, just work for Microsoft when it was a startup and get some shares. If not tech, then medicine, law, journalism, etc. Even your current trade would likely be highly beneficial if you know the future of it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I dunno. I'm pretty stupid now, the combination of being pretty stupid and in a small, weak body (have we all forgotten how small and weak 6 yos are) i think i would probably not rise to be the world's top scholar as I would have to have one to two naps per day and so forth. I think I would probably not be the isekai protagonist who owns all the libs and gets the girl and becomes a Kid Billionaire. I would probably trip over a lot because my feet would be the wrong size and get bored in 1st grade.

Blank Check Is Not A Documentary

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

good news everyone

https://twitter.com/PopSci/status/1482872887174471685

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

If you currently have the knowledge to at least get a high school GED, 6 year old you would burn through primary and middle school. Even if high school slowed that progress, it would still be a very early graduation.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Lucid Nonsense posted:

If you currently have the knowledge to at least get a high school GED, 6 year old you would burn through primary and middle school. Even if high school slowed that progress, it would still be a very early graduation.

I mean yeah probably. And I want you to know I mean this completely seriously, but how do you go faster? Like i went to a very broke school in rural new mexico which probably informs the above but we all had the same pace and tests and whatnot whether we were getting A's or D's. Is it a thing at like nice schools were you as a 6 year old or your parents or what have you are just like "yeah we know this already lets have the third grade stuff instead" and then you just get to do third grade or sixth grade or whatever when you're 6?

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

When I was in 1st grade (6 years old), I finished my math workbook in the first few weeks of school so they moved me second grade. At the time, I wasn't mature enough to handle the move, so they put me back into first grade. This was at a rural school in southern Indiana, and anecdotal as hell, so your mileage may vary.

E: I thought it was like a puzzle book, so I just did all of them. When I got moved, I thought I had done something wrong.

Lucid Nonsense has a new favorite as of 23:51 on Jan 18, 2022

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
I took a few high school classes with a kid who was like 14 or 15 in his senior year. He was miserable and socially maladjusted even by HS nerd standards, I felt bad for him. Has the whole gifted kid thing ever worked out for anyone?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

If I went back to being 6, I would make sure to bet as much money as possible on Greece winning the 2004 Euro

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Lucid Nonsense posted:

When I was in 1st grade (6 years old), I finished my math workbook in the first few weeks of school so they moved me second grade. At the time, I wasn't mature enough to handle the move, so they put me back into first grade. This was at a rural school in southern Indiana, and anecdotal as hell, so your mileage may vary.

E: I thought it was like a puzzle book, so I just did all of them. When I got moved, I thought I had done something wrong.

Weird. When i did similar stuff with our reading stuff i just got told to turn it in normally and sit quietly while the others were catching up.

Long story short I would prefer to not be 6 again

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
there are people who graduate college before they're 18 who don't have the benefit of a lifetime of adult knowledge

sit down with your parents and talk to them about logarithms or the literary themes of War and Peace or whatever your specialty is* and you'll probably get somewhere

*offer may not be valid for computer touchers whose entire expertise is in a programming language that doesn't exist yet

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

To prevent 9/11 you'd need to make sure the President got a specific warning beforehand. You'd have to make sure it was in writing, you'd have to mention something about hijacking planes, you'd have to make sure he had enough time to act on it--at least around 5 weeks--and you'd have to make sure to mention Bin Ladin by name.

Doing this likely means you would need to be someone the Bush Administration would trust. Which means, are you a self-loathing enough to attend Liberty University *and* graduate from it?

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Chloe Jessica posted:

there are people who graduate college before they're 18 who don't have the benefit of a lifetime of adult knowledge

sit down with your parents and talk to them about logarithms or the literary themes of War and Peace or whatever your specialty is* and you'll probably get somewhere

*offer may not be valid for computer touchers whose entire expertise is in a programming language that doesn't exist yet

Agreed, my point is that knowledge plus whatever emotional/intellectual maturity the average goon has, getting through the educational system would be much easier with what you know now.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Dachshundofdoom posted:

I took a few high school classes with a kid who was like 14 or 15 in his senior year. He was miserable and socially maladjusted even by HS nerd standards, I felt bad for him. Has the whole gifted kid thing ever worked out for anyone?

I was already an asocial asperger's kid who never talked to anyone so it would probably work out just fine for 14 year old me

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

how are yall talking about preventing 9/11 like it wasnt the result of decades of american military hegemony? ok yeah, maybe you prevent 9/11, but whose to say there wouldn't be like a 2/12 or something with basically the same effect?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah the real way to stop 9/11 is to change American foreign policy especiallly Bush Sr. But that isn’t a very fun action movie where you are racing against time

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
go back in time and enroll the guy who threw his shoes at bush in an american baseball training camp so he can pitch 90mph fastballs

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
i wouldn't even have that option because i was 6 in '97

all i could do would be to try to save the lives that i know are going to end, and let the future deal with itself thenceforward

having said that... have any of yall read 11/22/63?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
if i went back in time, i would convince the 9/11 attackers that they were wrong, and that instead of the towers they should have taken out every bridge and tunnel that goes into Manhattan, thereby loving up the whole financial industry instead of killing a measly amount of people and causing themselves way more trouble

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

My favorite part, as a spectrum kid with speech issues especially back then would be convincing either a bookie/stockbroker/whatever or some sort of adult straw gambler that I was from the future and had various moonshots to bet on because of it without coming off as a stupid imagination land boy because im 6

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Ehh, forget 9/11 and making millions, I could easily stop as 6 year old some really horrific poo poo that happened in my family just a year or two later so any amount of misery knowing the future in an adolescent body would be worth it in a heartbeat.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
https://twitter.com/david_cameron/status/595112367358406656?s=21

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

projecthalaxy posted:

I dunno. I'm pretty stupid now, the combination of being pretty stupid and in a small, weak body (have we all forgotten how small and weak 6 yos are) i think i would probably not rise to be the world's top scholar as I would have to have one to two naps per day and so forth. I think I would probably not be the isekai protagonist who owns all the libs and gets the girl and becomes a Kid Billionaire. I would probably trip over a lot because my feet would be the wrong size and get bored in 1st grade.

Blank Check Is Not A Documentary

six year olds don't take naps

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

https://twitter.com/the_lonelocust/status/1483136062847262720?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Memento posted:

six year olds don't take naps

Yeah, naps a re more a four year old thing, and even then I think it's less 4 year olds need a nap and more adults in charge of 4 year olds need a loving break.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I need to be sent back way further in time in order to prevent Steely Dan.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mister Speaker posted:

I need to be sent back way further in time in order to prevent Steely Dan.

There's some goons old enough that getting sent back to when they were six might actually be able to pull this off.

Anyways, tweets.

https://twitter.com/RainofTerra/status/1483590182267854850

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Dachshundofdoom posted:

You get a 50% chance to turn into a hot as gently caress trans chick who's freaky in the sack.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Why would you stop 9/11

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

TinTower posted:

You get a 50% chance to turn into a hot as gently caress trans chick who's freaky in the sack.

Hopefully that kicks in on my end soon. In the meantime,

https://twitter.com/carterhambley/status/1483314687898836992

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

it would probably be incredibly difficult to even be understood if you were a medieval knight shunted forward in time 1000 years