Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Timby posted:

and I work in marketing, despite being a Salesforce / Pardot admin at the moment

I worked on Salesforce/Adobe Campaign integrations for 5 years. You have my sympathy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Paramore rules gently caress yall

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

They’re the only one that I have any songs of on my phone. Admittedly, I’ve only heard of like 5-6 of those other bands and probably can’t name any of their songs.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hot Diggity! posted:

They also sponsor the 76ers!

I'm also gonna say there's a non-zero chance that the pop-punk festival is Fyre Fest part two

Crypto.com ads are loving everywhere too. They have dropped a ton of money on marketing and I expect them to burn through all their cash and go deduct within the year.

Live Nation looks to be putting on that pop punk fest, so it seems more legit than Fyre.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

swickles posted:

Oh if any of you guys are 1099 or have 1099 employees, there is a new form this year and the IRS didn't tell anyone, its 1099 NEC, 1099 Misc will not be accepted.

Ugh, are you making GBS threads me? Dammit.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bird in a Blender posted:

Nearly all of these bands suck.

Counterpoint: no u

Its Rinaldo posted:

Spoenks musical taste has been suspected to be awesome for years.

Ftfy

a neat cape posted:

that's right.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Everyone picked a good day when I was slammed at work to turn into a bunch of dicks. We're usually pretty good at policing ourselves, so I'll just say this: All this poo poo with Timby is from another forum, and has been resolved to that mod's liking and he revoked the probation. Timby doesn't owe anybody in here any more explanation than what he's already provided. A little ribbing here and there is generally fine, but I think we can all tell it's gone on enough. Don't bring it up again, or I'll start handing out probations. I don't want to do that in the loving chat thread of all places.

I want to reiterate that if anyone's little discord buddies wanna poo poo up the football forums it will end with them losing their accounts.

gently caress entirely off with this poo poo it is zero tolerance.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
This just reminded me that we have to do taxes for my grandparents since they're dead and my mom probably should to talk to their attorney/accountant about what we need to do there.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Man, what the gently caress guys. Stop being a bunch of weirdos and cut the discord drama out

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I’d take people having wrong opinions about music like “mcr is bad” over people pretending to act like they don’t know who maroon 5 or the weeknd is during a halftime show

T-Square
May 14, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

What's life without a little risk? :downs:

Hey I went to three concerts this fall/winter one of which was 4,000 people in a warehouse which mostly just gave me anxiety, but I survived and didn’t get sick!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

T-Square posted:

Hey I went to three concerts this fall/winter one of which was 4,000 people in a warehouse which mostly just gave me anxiety, but I survived and didn’t get sick!

You can only stay shut in one place for so long so going out if you’re vaccinated isn’t the end of the world. Being cooped up in one place doesn’t seem very healthy.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Spoeank posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuck I wanna go

Holy poo poo I totally forgot Thursday existed.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

LeeMajors posted:

You were better off

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ostentatious posted:

You can only stay shut in one place for so long so going out if you’re vaccinated isn’t the end of the world. Being cooped up in one place doesn’t seem very healthy.

There’s a big gap between “literally isolated alone in one place” and “going to a several mega events”.

I was super cautious and largely self isolated, and I still got sick.

Other folks are regularly out at shows and Applebees swapping spit, and do not get sick.

The world is a mystery.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Spoeank posted:

Counterpoint: no u

Ftfy

that's right.

I listen to ska on a near daily basis, so I shouldn’t talk.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

I generally am just a punk fan through and through and never got into pretty much all of the bands on that lineup, but my late brother was a fan of Thursday so they always have a soft spot in my heart. And to be honest War All of the Time is a REALLY fuckin good album and I’ve definitely never gotten weepy to it no sir

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

I want to reiterate that if anyone's little discord buddies wanna poo poo up the football forums it will end with them losing their accounts.

gently caress entirely off with this poo poo it is zero tolerance.

Nodoze posted:

Man, what the gently caress guys. Stop being a bunch of weirdos and cut the discord drama out

seriously, what the gently caress.

---

LeeMajors posted:

as a posting bro put it on Twitter, this is the festival for people who graduated high school in 2004. far too many bands I recognize from the era of LiveJournal.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BigPaddy posted:

I worked on Salesforce/Adobe Campaign integrations for 5 years. You have my sympathy.

Right? My contract might get extended because they're migrating from Pardot to Markeo (barf) and I know that platform as well,

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Seeing them March 1st!

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Timby posted:

Right? My contract might get extended because they're migrating from Pardot to Markeo (barf) and I know that platform as well,

All the automated marketing platforms are garbage and they are sold to marketing execs as if they make high quality leads appear out of thin air.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I listen to ska on a near daily basis, so I shouldn’t talk.

I’ll never turn my back on ska!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

BigPaddy posted:

All the automated marketing platforms are garbage and they are sold to marketing execs as if they make high quality leads appear out of thin air.

Related: it was very funny to see the oldest sales rep get in a huff about distributing leads because he only cold calls the old fashioned way while the young guys used Zoom Engage to mass email to generate leads. He was very adamant that it was unfair that they had so many more. Lol.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

God damnit I loving hate HR people

I’m just asking you to double check the hours you’re asking me to pay these people because someone else sent us hours for these people and I don’t want some poor fucker to get stuck paying us back $2,000 in overtime, don’t send me a smarmy 3 paragraph response about how I don’t know how anything works and you’re not reviewing it and CCing a senior HR manager on it you loving twaaatttt

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Edit whoops!

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 19, 2022

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

LeeMajors posted:

FizFashizzle posted:

Seeing them March 1st!

Never was a big Thursday fan but Rickly was the frontman for the band United Nations and they were (are?) great.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Lmao at the funny stuff. what are some good switch games OR phone games for if you sometimes zone out on the toelet?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Miracle Workers is pretty good. It was on TBS I guess but HBO MAX has it now. Daniel Radcliffe and Steve Buschemi are in it.

Buschemi plays God and Radcliffe plays a low level worker bee that is in charge of performing miracles but he has performance issues so he sucks at his job. It’s pretty funny.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Joey Freshwater posted:

Miracle Workers is pretty good. It was on TBS I guess but HBO MAX has it now. Daniel Radcliffe and Steve Buschemi are in it.

Buschemi plays God and Radcliffe plays a low level worker bee that is in charge of performing miracles but he has performance issues so he sucks at his job. It’s pretty funny.

They also blow up the entire premise each season. The 2nd is a medieval era period peace and the 3rd is basically Oregon Trail the TV show that is also weird.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Seeing them March 1st!

But that's a Tuesday. Is that even legal?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

If you’re not playing Retro Bowl on the toilet then I don’t know how to help you, tbh

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I think I have like 20 seasons in RetroBowl at this point and haven’t played it in ages. I should check out RetroGoal sometime though.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I wasn’t a huge Thursday fan but my girlfriend in HS into freshman year of college was slightly younger and she and her friends were really into a lot of those bands so I had a fair bit of exposure. I think I had a Thursday album but I’m not sure which right off hand. It was good enough music but it didn’t really stick out at the time in a sea of pop punk etc nor did it really stick with me.

E: looking at Spotify it looks like Full Collapse. I remember that “Cross Out The Eyes” song.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 19, 2022

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

They also blow up the entire premise each season. The 2nd is a medieval era period peace and the 3rd is basically Oregon Trail the TV show that is also weird.

I did not know this and now I’m excited for more

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

T-Square posted:

I think I have like 20 seasons in RetroBowl at this point and haven’t played it in ages. I should check out RetroGoal sometime though.

Retro Goal is also v good

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

Very very good suggestion. I’m laughing my rear end off at the western one as we speak. I like that i don’t need to watch any prior seasons to catch up

Edit
Eyyyyyyyyyy

swickles posted:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

I wasn’t a huge Thursday fan but my girlfriend in HS into freshman year of college was slightly younger and she and her friends were really into a lot of those bands so I had a fair bit of exposure. I think I had a Thursday album but I’m not sure which right off hand. It was good enough music but it didn’t really stick out at the time in a sea of pop punk etc nor did it really stick with me.

E: looking at Spotify it looks like Full Collapse. I remember that “Cross Out The Eyes” song.

That would be full collapse and I still put that album on for cardio intervals.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

Very very good suggestion. I’m laughing my rear end off at the western one as we speak. I like that i don’t need to watch any prior seasons to catch up

Edit
Eyyyyyyyyyy

You might enjoy this:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2164430/

While you're on your radcliffe kick. Wasn't around long but what was around was pretty entertaining.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
welp, spent half the day unloading a truck in the freezing cold and then afterwards my CEO volunteered me to run even more poo poo. im basically the COO at this point but with nowhere close to the salary or benefits of one. drat i hope one of these jobs im interviewing with comes through already

Intruder posted:

You were better off

you shut your drat mouth, Thursday is a delight*

*if you also were in highschool/early college when they got briefly popular.

FizFashizzle posted:

That would be full collapse and I still put that album on for cardio intervals.

it really is great workout music. i had an odd moment, right before the pandemic, where i was lifting at a gym with what looked like all college freshman/sophomores while i listened to my dumb 90s playlist and in that moment i realized how loving old i was

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Funny thing about that festival - GA starts at $225 yet everywhere I've seen is advertising it as "get your tickets for $20 down!".

And no narcissists allowed.