Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Chas McGill posted:

Buying physical games.is cool cos I can sell them or lend them when I'm done.

Between our house and my brothers house we have a big lendable library of games that neither of us want to buy, but will gladly pay half price for.

Also: my kids just lost a 7v1 battle in smash ultimate. Fuckin shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Read After Burning posted:

I really want it to be good (or hell, I'll even take mediocre, I want an open-world Pokemon game that badly), but yeah. Even the latest trailer footage just seemed so...empty.

I wish they'd port the two Gamecube RPGs (Colosseum?), I feel like I remember those being okay.

isn't it not an open world and everyone got real hype for no reason?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Y'all are dumb, I buy all my games ethereally. I may not be able to play anything now but whooo boy when I'll have a blast when I'm dead and buried.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Len posted:

isn't it not an open world and everyone got real hype for no reason?

Oh, huh! Yeah, looks like that misconception got cleared up back in October. Totally missed that news, sorry!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Read After Burning posted:

Oh, huh! Yeah, looks like that misconception got cleared up back in October. Totally missed that news, sorry!

you weren't alone, i had to break that news to my friends the other day

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

:toot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWrWuXE6RHw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Wasn't that already known? I'm still waiting for the stealth drop of Goldeneye that's simultaneous with the previous unreleased Xbox remaster.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'd re-re-buy the Perfect Dark remaster if it came to the Switch

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

American McGay posted:

Wasn't that already known? I'm still waiting for the stealth drop of Goldeneye that's simultaneous with the previous unreleased Xbox remaster.

Just like Paper Mario, it was known that Banjo Kazooie was going to come to Switch, just not when it would happen.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I feel like I had already mentally committed the info that BK was the January game but maybe I'm just prescient. F-Zero for February please.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

American McGay posted:

I feel like I had already mentally committed the info that BK was the January game but maybe I'm just prescient. F-Zero for February please.

You aren't crazy. We new last month they were launching it in January

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

worms butthole guy posted:

unfortunately (or fortunately depending on who you ask ) I dont play gaijin developed Metroid games; I just don't think they understand Metroid. I was more looking towards Smash Brothers!

Totally understand, bro. I don't play medigan developed Mario games.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
God I really hope the Switch releases of Kingdom Hearts are enough to get my wife to play actual video games on the Switch again instead of just using it to grind for cosmetic items in a lovely F2P game for hours every day. It's so depressing to see and makes me question my own game hobby.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
She should divorce your rear end and find a more supportive partner.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Oh cool!

*Nintendo Online*

Oh, never mind.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Morpheus posted:

Oh cool!

*Nintendo Online*

Oh, never mind.

it's fine, it's a bad game anyway

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

American McGay posted:

This.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Morpheus posted:

Oh cool!

*Nintendo Online*

Oh, never mind.
Did you just wake up from a coma or something?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

American McGay posted:

Did you just wake up from a coma or something?

"When they said to self-isolate against the virus, I thought they meant my computer too." :v:

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

chaleski posted:

I'd re-re-buy the Perfect Dark remaster if it came to the Switch

I'd do it twice

Wave Race 64 when

beer gas canister fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 19, 2022

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Morpheus posted:

Oh cool!

*Nintendo Online*

Oh, never mind.

You don't have to post. It's okay.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Bloop posted:

yeah i had that plugged in, I just left it unattended for a long time!

and I want to make the reactor but the materials I need require the one thing I haven't been able to locate, the prawn drill arm

Try the wrecks around the Mushroom Forest, pretty sure it's there.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i haven't played much banjo and now i think i'll give it a try on my nintendo switch. thanks nintendo. :)

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Morpheus posted:

Oh cool!

*Nintendo Online*

Oh, never mind.

did you think it would be free or something?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm holding out for pilotwings 64 or tetrisphere thanks. Unless someone needs a 4th for a family plan in which case DM me ;)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

wave race 64 is the only game that matters

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Oh cool!

Videogames

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm surprised Nintendo/Pokemon company hasn't been able to root out what's causing the leaks at this point

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'm surprised Nintendo/Pokemon company hasn't been able to root out what's causing the leaks at this point

It’s simple..,we kill the uncles

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I don't think it's specific to Pokemon games, they're just the most high profile ones it happens to. Anything with a physical release is going to leak at least a week early, there's nothing you can do to control that. And since there are versions of the Switch that are hacked they can use one of these hacked units to dump the game.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My one complaint about Pikmin 3 Deluxe is how the vast majority of juice collected is either yellow or yellow-green.

I need more colour variation, dammit! I wish there were more grapes and raspberries (which give blue juice :shrug:) to pick up and use.

And of all the fruit collected to get juice from, they included bananas, but NOT blueberries? Wtf?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I'm holding out for pilotwings 64 or tetrisphere thanks. Unless someone needs a 4th for a family plan in which case DM me ;)

SA Mart has a thread for family building if you're interested.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

b_d posted:

did you think it would be free or something?

Why would you even think this, no I thought it was a rerelease that I'd be able to purchase, not subscribe to an overpriced service for.

I find it weird making a trailer for an old game that's just being released on a subscription service.

Inzombiac posted:

You don't have to post. It's okay.

Buddy, none of us have to post.

Also I forgot briefly about that Nintendo online premium or whatever it's called.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/failedwindmill/status/1483717272745226242?t=wBqOSTHxCmYAhgp8w3T1BA&s=19

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Item Getter posted:

instead of just using it to grind for cosmetic items in a lovely F2P game for hours every day. It's so depressing to see and makes me question my own game hobby.

You just described Animal Crossing homie.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I think you'll find that Animal Crossing isn't F2P and cost $60

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There is a F2P mobile Animal Crossing. Don't worry, I think even Nintendo forgot about it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

The Postman posted:

SA Mart has a thread for family building if you're interested.

I was fishing for sex with an open triad but thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
banjo kazooie owns and is better in every way than banjo tooie which also owns