Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah for me worst sequel is when the first movie/s is/are good and the follow-up is punishingly bad. Very basic bitch opinion but The Phantom Menace would be mine, I wasn't a big star wars guy but was excited to see that one, seemed it would be a slam-dunk decent-at-least thing, and it was so incompetent I went from being patient to confused to angry. Also

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Borat 2, Anchorman 2, Zoolander 2… basically most comedy sequels.
(but I think I internalized that comedy sequels usually don't work so it's not that surprising)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Borat 2 was funny as gently caress

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ace Ventura 2 is fine.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

After 20+ years, I finally finished TRIGUN (1998)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6j4jrszKNQ

This is not prestige TV! The animation is good, but you can tell they try to be efficient with movement, and yet..

It's great! A lot of fun, action/comedy cartoon (sorry, Animé アニメ) TV Show. I saw the first 2 or 3 episodes around 2000, I remember liking them, and then I broke up with a lady I loved a lot and went sad and forgot all about it.

But time heals all wounds, and the greatest wound of all is not watching Trigun

I'm not an anime fan, never seen Akira, DBZ, or that series about robot ladies/maids who gently caress a lot. I did enjoy One Punch Man.

Mostly, Trigun impressed me because almost every episode they manage to establish completely new characters, develop a story around them, with a conclusion in 20 minutes, and still have plenty of drama, suspense, comedy. It's tough to make you care about characters you met 5 minutes ago. Oh, and it still moves the "main" arc every episode, even if just a little. A couple episodes feel a bit slow (the train section imo), but I wouldn't cut any of them.

Last episode felt a little rushed but the journey was quite a ride, and it was a satisfying end.

I looked around and there's a movie called "Badlands Rumble" that takes place somewhere in the middle of the story, I might watch that later.

Solid 5/5 Comfys and a "Learn Gun Kata" VHS

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Badlands Rumble is pretty good. The ending for the show is rushed but I like it better than the comic ending.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Borat 2 was funny as gently caress

It was pretty good.

"Bruno" was the real Borat sequel failure

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

Ace Ventura 2 is fine.
Unfortunately I won’t accept any assessment of Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls that does not boil down to “funniest poo poo ever”

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Men in Black 2 is the worst sequel since it undoes one of the best parts about the original.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Endless Trash posted:

Unfortunately I won’t accept any assessment of Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls that does not boil down to “funniest poo poo ever”

Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls ruined movies for me. It was the first movie I ever independently noticed a continuity error; the chess pieces disappear when Ace Ventura confronts the bad guy. After that point I would watch movies with the understanding that they were productions, movie magic was dead to me.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

killer crane posted:

Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls ruined movies for me. It was the first movie I ever independently noticed a continuity error; the chess pieces disappear when Ace Ventura confronts the bad guy. After that point I would watch movies with the understanding that they were productions, movie magic was dead to me.

Then you should thank Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls (1995) for opening your eyes to the fact that life is lies and deceptions all the way down

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls ruined rhino births for me.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Endless Trash posted:

I remember "YOU MUST BE THE MONOPOLY GUY" followed by knocking him cold and using him as a boa was the funniest goddamn thing to me at the time

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

god drat it made $200 milly at the box office, Jimmy you’re a gold mine

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Monopoly Guy's delivery on "Who is this ghastly man??" is an all timer

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I rewatched the freddy got fingered review and god I really wish I could go back in time* and see that in theatres. and just watch the reactions of people in the audience who have no idea what they're watching. I bet the movie would play really well in tyool 2021 where anti-humor and post-modernism have completely taken over our culture

*and accidentally make covid happen decades before it's supposed to and utterly A Sound Of Thunder the whole world lmao

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I watched that movie every time I caught it on TV, and the part where he gets the spears on both legs still kills me.That and him parking the car. I wish movies still did physical/practical jokes like that.

The rhino scene would robably be CG if it was made today.

Scallop Eyes fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 19, 2022

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Thanks I hate it.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

kalel posted:

I rewatched the freddy got fingered review and god I really wish I could go back in time* and see that in theatres. and just watch the reactions of people in the audience who have no idea what they're watching. I bet the movie would play really well in tyool 2021 where anti-humor and post-modernism have completely taken over our culture

*and accidentally make covid happen decades before it's supposed to and utterly A Sound Of Thunder the whole world lmao

I saw it in theaters and you would have been watching the reactions of empty seats

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Molly Ringwald was part of the original cast of Facts of Life.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Endless Trash posted:

Hell yeah I would say it is easily the superior Ace Ventura film, even without the terrible transphobia in the first one.

Just some amazing physical comedy throughout. "Throw me a spear!!" or the rhino scene

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Do I look like I know what an NFT is?

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Any KOTH revival has got to have Dale be really into QAnon

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

he's also doing new beavis and butthead

the previous revival seasons were great so I'm excited

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
My voice is my passport...

https://twitter.com/giffyonline/status/1483630650251005952?t=O9PUYD3VI1M2dmUNWza30w&s=19

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the worst actor in the game rn

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004

Tiberius Christ posted:

Any KOTH revival has got to have Dale be really into QAnon

Dale IS Q

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Dale stockpiled ivermectin but is too much of a coward to take it

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Dale is too pilled to not see QAnon for the state psyop that it clearly is.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

I haet u :mad:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

wasn't the horribly off-putting animation of that other show because it was about puberty and they were making sure it couldnt possibly be sexy? So why is this show so unbelievably loving ugly? Jesus christ

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Also I watched the HBO Max documentary on Kenny G and enjoyed it. That guy is a ginormous dweebus that definitely puts his penis in the end of his saxophone when he's alone but somehow very likeable

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1483812545521664003?t=vF6kw44fugPudlcLUkwTOA&s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

He won’t be Kevin Feige’s last victim

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Endless Trash posted:

I saw it before the first one, and I still think it's the superior of the two movies.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It certainly holds up better in terms of problematic aspects.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Can't buy this kind of advertising.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

super sweet best pal posted:

Can't buy this kind of advertising.

Or can you?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpCa7Z5Btjs

Dale is his own brand of crazy he'd think Q was too mainstream.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

awkward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Sucks but pretty cool way to die. I wonder if Disney will cgi him.