Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/AJ_FI/status/1483726388314132481

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Enquirer/status/1483818295971172352?s=20

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

why

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

they can't loot the DPRK directly

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/Taimur_Laal/status/1472996967529607168

A marxist mayor won in pakistan.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1483564908570546176

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Ardennes posted:

Supposedly, they already fell about 15-20% looking at random articles, that said I don’t think the government wants the market to completely collapse but just to be more affordable.

Admittedly, most Western cities probably need a 25-30% haircut at this point. The PRC is just moving forward up the timeline a bit while the West is doing everything it can to avoid it.

my theory has always been that the PRC uses the USA as a Palantir into the future for "if we gently caress up the economy completely, gut the interior with drugs, unemployment and plague, and just go hog wild with bullshit economic bubbles, how will our economy look in 30 years?" then adjust in the opposite direction.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oh no, not space planes

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

You can hold the view that despotism is fine if you want. Simply slapping Oriental in front of it doesn't make the term racist. I am amazed at how 5 pages of whataboutism is simply tolerated and even a mod engages in it. Authoritarianism is pretty simple. Everyone knows it, you guys are just trying to conflate it with capitalism, imperialism, colonialism all in an attempt to continue the derail.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh no, not space planes

oh yes, communist space planes

Crusader has issued a correction as of 17:42 on Jan 19, 2022

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

This kid got what he deserved

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Crusader posted:

oh yes, communist space planes

capsules are safer and better god loving damnit! I loving hate space planes

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Red and Black posted:

You can hold the view that despotism is fine if you want. Simply slapping Oriental in front of it doesn't make the term racist. I am amazed at how 5 pages of whataboutism is simply tolerated and even a mod engages in it. Authoritarianism is pretty simple. Everyone knows it, you guys are just trying to conflate it with capitalism, imperialism, colonialism all in an attempt to continue the derail.

lmao at how r u deciding American polling companies are Chinese pawns because the people of China are happy with the progress their nation is making

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

China is developing futuristic passenger plane rockets as a front for hypersonic cruise missiles!!!!! they're designing domestically-produced cpus as a front for hypersonic cruise missile guidance!!! They're building high speed rail to transport hypersonic cruise missile parts!!! They're modernizing healthcare in order to treat the hypersonic cruise missile scientists!!!!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I hope they beat out both SpaceX and Blue Origin. I mean its not a big stretch, seeing the USSR timeline beat them both with tech from 60+ years ago

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/nktpnd/status/1483506573964201986

lol that this has been going on at the same time were being given monthly reports saying that biden loves korea actually and will sign a declaration ending the korean war any day now

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/globaltimesnews/status/1483469521189056524

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrJerryGoode/status/1483751380418379776

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

why is twitter location giving me the gate number he is at. I do not like this

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/lukedepulford/status/1483698264872525825

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao at how r u deciding American polling companies are Chinese pawns because the people of China are happy with the progress their nation is making

i want to see his answer to my question

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/DreyerChina/status/1483806319467319297

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

incredible that nobody snapped this up as a romcom plot in two years

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

gradenko_2000 posted:

incredible that nobody snapped this up as a romcom plot in two years

it’s gotta be made into one eventually. it’s too perfect

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/DerekJGrossman/status/1483558772647682049

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

fart simpson posted:

i want to see his answer to my question

seriously nobody in the bad thread will even touch this question

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Theres going to be a capitalist dumb and brazen enough to directly call out the man behind the curtain and straight up ask them why canada is going after this (its because the US is after it and canada is a vasal state) and then ask why the the US wants this

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Elon Musk backpacking through Xinjiang tweeting Rick and Monty memes the whole time. A move some redditors are calling "the most based and epic genocide denial of all time."

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Soyfacing over Microsoft's gaming monopoly challenging Tencent.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Red and Black posted:

No one knows what authoritarianism is and couldn’t explain it if they wanted to

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Top City Homo posted:

the fundamental disconnect seems to be people on one side who don’t accept that there is a global capitalist system lead by america and people on the other side who recognize the truth, i think

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

China is bad, now

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

slapping "oriental" in front of something absolutely makes it racist lol

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

fart simpson posted:

the fundamental disconnect seems to be people on one side who don’t accept that there is a global capitalist system lead by america and people on the other side who recognize the truth, i think

Liberal Capitalism is all about liquifying social relations and existing bonds so anarchists/ liberals as integrated citizens of these liberal institutions can’t fathom that even capitalism can have hegemony under a patron called the US.

Paradoxically, they do this while in a state of “capitalist realism” being unable to imagine a system other than capitalism all together. So in their eyes capitalism is forever and the unsaid part is: US hegemony is forever.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Top City Homo posted:

Authoritarianism is the belief that your worldview is true and other people have to be compelled to see things your way, whereas libertarianism hinges on the supposition that the truth of your own beliefs are uncertain and everyone's opinions are valid. In a libertarian framework you can't compel anyone to believe in anything, they have to be "persuaded," basically. (I mean small-l libertarianism, not Libertarianism)

Anti-authoritarianism is therefore a struggle against the established world view. So what are the people who try to brow beat everyone into buying the narratives of American media and the US state department?

The whole framework falls apart because no serious person supposes that their beliefs are wrong unless they themselves can recognize the contradictions. All politics are authoritarian struggles for power.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Do they have the same fptp system as in India? Either way this can only be good.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The only protection against authoritarianism, therefore, is to have politicians who don't believe in anything and hold no convictions. That is why it's important to vote Democrat.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

The only protection against authoritarianism, therefore, is to have politicians who don't believe in anything and hold no convictions. That is why it's important to vote Democrat.

Kirsten Sinema is our leading anti-authoritarian.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Mantis42 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
authoritarianism, more than a label, is a framing that emphasizes suspicion towards any state that doesn't do unlimited liberalism