Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Chaotic Flame posted:

Wasn't the woman who was into Francine their neighbor?
I don't think they lived next-door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Chaotic Flame posted:

Wasn't the woman who was into Francine their neighbor?

I'm pretty sure Linda was a few houses down.

I would have liked to see more of her but I understand she fulfilled her purpose of being Muslim for Stan to freak out about and saving Francine from the Lady Bugs. The people in the family doesn't have enough friends except for Steve and weirdly enough Klaus.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Klaus doesn't have just friends, he has boys

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I thought Toshi & his parents lived next door.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

limp_cheese posted:

I would have liked to see more of her but I understand she fulfilled her purpose of being Muslim for Stan to freak out about and saving Francine from the Lady Bugs. The people in the family doesn't have enough friends except for Steve and weirdly enough Klaus.

They've sorta changed that over time, giving Haley friends, and Francine has a few that come back now and again, like the one voiced by Kathy Griffin.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hayley's friend group is Jeff, Danuta, Nerfer, and that dude who's name is never said out loud (You know, the one who's snake got sick from eating a bad mouse)

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

YeahTubaMike posted:

I thought Toshi & his parents lived next door.

I don't think they are directly next door but their residence has some inconsistencies.

Toshi and Steve go to the same public school which should indicate they live nearby. However in the spelling bee episode Steve is the champion of Virginia while Akiko is champion of Maryland. Do Toshi and Akiko live in Maryland? Or does Akiko go to a different school in a different state? If so it's a private school. And if she does why don't they send Toshi to the same school?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

limp_cheese posted:

And Steve's friends suck

Zero One posted:

I don't think they are directly next door but their residence has some inconsistencies.

Toshi and Steve go to the same public school which should indicate they live nearby. However in the spelling bee episode Steve is the champion of Virginia while Akiko is champion of Maryland. Do Toshi and Akiko live in Maryland? Or does Akiko go to a different school in a different state? If so it's a private school. And if she does why don't they send Toshi to the same school?

Obviously it's because of his weird refusal to speak English

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Zero One posted:

they put all their eggs in the akiko basket. toshi has no hope. see: the smiths with steve in the downtowns changing episode

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Neeksy posted:

They've sorta changed that over time, giving Haley friends, and Francine has a few that come back now and again, like the one voiced by Kathy Griffin.

Kelly wilk was only one episode though.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hayley's friend group is Jeff, Danuta, Nerfer, and that dude who's name is never said out loud (You know, the one who's snake got sick from eating a bad mouse)

That guy's name is "parker"

drrockso20 posted:

And Steve's friends suck

Nah they're great!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hummina hummina hummina BONER!!!!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zero One posted:

Chuck White lives next to the Smiths (they share a fence in Live and Let Fry) but I don't know if that's left, right, or behind.

It is probably behind seeing as they probably would have mentioned if they lived directly next door.

I guess if you want to match up characters that live in the area there's "Roy Rogers McFreely" where there are multiple meetings of the HoA.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Brawnfire posted:

Hummina hummina hummina BONER!!!!

Did anyone else get a boner when Akiko slapped me?

Uh...you know whats fun? walking like a gorilla!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm so glad Akiko faded into the background. She brought down every episode she was in, except the one with Stan's teddy bear business.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

As soon as it was clear that Steve wouldn't have a long term girlfriend they gave Akiko the boot just like his other girlfriends. I don't think they even had more than one episode where they were going out.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm so glad Akiko faded into the background. She brought down every episode she was in, except the one with Stan's teddy bear business.

That's only because they never sealed the deal and had her and Steve actually become a couple, not really a lot you can do with her when she's just a potential love interest and not an actual one, it's part of why "Steve tries to get a girlfriend" plots are so frustrating, you go into them just knowing they're going to be a complete waste of everyone's time with things being reset to the usual status quo of Steve being alone(doesn't help that it's been such an overdone plot at this point that there's not really any humor left to squeeze out of it, and it didn't really have much humor potential to begin with)

Hence why I'm in favor of them bringing Akiko* back to be Steve's permanent love interest, it would improve his plots much like how Hayley's did after she married Jeff

*honestly doesn't have to be her, could be Debbie, or any of Steve's other past would be love interests, or even a new one built from the ground up, they just need to pick one and stick with it

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I doubt his love interest would be the girl from the pharmacy. Too easily freaked out.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

What? It's Schmuely, it's always been Schmuely.

I can feel your heart beating.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

limp_cheese posted:

I doubt his love interest would be the girl from the pharmacy. Too easily freaked out.

Who am I to take a life? Am I beast or man? BEAST!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Pfft Akiko’s really into Doug.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Doug can dance!

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

shame on an IGA posted:

We made a pact that if we were still single by 21, we'd marry each other.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

shame on an IGA posted:

I will die on the "Snot is the best and only love interest Steve needs" hill any day and at any time.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

dovetaile posted:

We made a pact that if we were still single by 21, we'd marry each other.

In retrospect, we probably should have set the age a little higher.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
“Yeah girl! You go! Eat those bees!”

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah Stan, you eat those puppies.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I will die on the "Snot is the best and only love interest Steve needs" hill any day and at any time.

Right there with you!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

American Dad had a recent cameo in a TikiTok about cat and potato salad:

https://twitter.com/weloveallthecat/status/1484471090076430340?s=20

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Had an AD dream where I was watching Lincoln Lover. Like, the play, not the episode

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The Chad Jihad posted:

Had an AD dream where I was watching Lincoln Lover. Like, the play, not the episode

How was it?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Rudoku posted:

How was it?

crying happy tears and clapping when stan took abe home one last time

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm jealous of how normal your AD dream was. The only AD dream I've had was one in which I offered to join Jeff Locke (baseball player) & Hayley for a threesome and they rejected me.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
The weirdest dream about a cartoon I had was this really weird Hey Arnold one where a new student was just Arnold's head with sneakers and he ran around like a maniac and his name was NidNedNo and he was also a daemon entity that manifested as a giant lumbering pale humanoid entity that cried out blood ropes. Arnold climbs a blood rope and falls inside the daemon's body which is just an endless white void. His fall gradually halts to a gentle descent and it almost looks like he's being cradled. A soothing voice hums out a lullaby, the daemon is actually his mother.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Plant MONSTER. posted:

The weirdest dream about a cartoon I had was this really weird Hey Arnold one where a new student was just Arnold's head with sneakers and he ran around like a maniac and his name was NidNedNo and he was also a daemon entity that manifested as a giant lumbering pale humanoid entity that cried out blood ropes. Arnold climbs a blood rope and falls inside the daemon's body which is just an endless white void. His fall gradually halts to a gentle descent and it almost looks like he's being cradled. A soothing voice hums out a lullaby, the daemon is actually his mother.

Well, that's not NOT canon.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I know I've definitely had at least a couple dreams that have taken place in the town from Bob's Burgers

Just, in the town. Not really any of the characters, mostly people I knew

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/americandadtbs/status/1483983029693468672

Roger doing Phantom Thread, oh good.

https://twitter.com/americandadtbs/status/1484629672738570241

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

What are the odds someone gets poisoned this episode? I'm thinking pretty high.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is kind of weird how there's that stretch of season 5 where Hayley starts seeing Reginald.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

It is kind of weird how there's that stretch of season 5 where Hayley starts seeing Reginald.

It's kind of obvious in retrospect that prior to them deciding to have her and Jeff get married they had no idea at all with what to do with her as a character, and I say that as someone who liked Reginald

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hayley started out as the voice of reason on the show, but the show ended up evolving into something that doesn't really need a voice of reason so for a long time they just didn't know what to do with her until they finally realized years later "oh we can just have her be as dumb and crazy as the rest of the cast" and we started getting good Hayley episodes and jokes.