Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who are you rooting for this Divisional Round
This poll is closed.
Cincinnati Bengals 46 29.30%
Green Bay Packers 29 18.47%
San Francisco 49'ers 27 17.20%
Tennessee Titans 15 9.55%
Stan the T-Rex to Escape The Rock's Possession 40 25.48%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Relentlessboredomm posted:

nah, the beginning of the season and end of season are two very different vibes, its a fairly useless comparison at this point.

Nah, this is silly. The Packers in week 3 don’t look very different than now. They had a weird blowout against the Saints in week 1 but after that they’ve pretty much been cruising outside of the Jordan Love games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DariusLikewise posted:

The story on The Athletic on how Cam Akers recovered from his Achilles injury is pretty wild. It really seems like the surgery he had was a breakthrough in achilles injuries in general and it should help younger guys not take such a huge step back.

Hey whatever they gotta say to push off the steroid scandal until after the Super Bowl.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The 49ers will win because Jimmy is handsome and Aaron Rodgers is a clay eating freak rear end weirdo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Spoeank posted:

The 49ers will win because Jimmy is handsome and Aaron Rodgers is a clay eating freak rear end weirdo

What if Jimmy eats Clay but he keeps it to himself

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezxR1h5RItI

micd up wildcard weekend

CharlestheHammer posted:

What if Jimmy eats Clay but he keeps it to himself

I'm not seeing it unless Clay is an underwear model with the deepest-cut six pack you've ever seen

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Spoeank posted:

In your heart of hearts do you really believe Jimmy G will play well enough to make it to two Super Bowls?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1483914784412254214

Bit of a surprise, but gotta make space for Smith, Jaire, and Cobb to come back.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

In your heart of hearts do you really believe Jimmy G will play well enough to make it to two Super Bowls?

He's already been to 3 :smuggo:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The 49ers are a good team. They just do dumb poo poo at dumb times. Jimmy is good for a bad ball at least every quarter and their offense as a whole is good for a couple of three and outs because every play has to start 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage - at least once a quarter.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

BlindSite posted:

The 49ers are a good team. They just do dumb poo poo at dumb times. Jimmy is good for a bad ball at least every quarter and their offense as a whole is good for a couple of three and outs because every play has to start 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage - at least once a quarter.

Yeah they'll need to not beat themselves with stupid poo poo on offense and DPIs. Then Deebo run for like 200 yards and they may have a shot.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
lmao @ Bruce Arians' Patton moment

if the 49ers knock the pack out they better take it all the way.

20 Blunts fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 19, 2022

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1483914784412254214

Bit of a surprise, but gotta make space for Smith, Jaire, and Cobb to come back.

Keke has been inactive for the final four games of the season, between covid and "personal reasons".

He had plenty of chances to catch on after being drafted a few years ago but could never really put it together.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hey guys PFF ranked Mahomes the 12th QB for the season.

Let's talk trades, 11 teams with better quarterbacks.

Kelce 4th among tight ends lol

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I think PFF ranked Joe Burrow the best quarterback in the league. They are smart. Very smart.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

kiimo posted:

Kelce 4th among tight ends lol

I'm guessing Kittle #1 which seems pretty obvious. But who are 2 and 3?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd probably rank Waller ahead of Kelce.

It's not his fault his coordinator occasionally forgets he exists. Andrews?

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jan 20, 2022

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

I think PFF ranked Joe Burrow the best quarterback in the league. They are smart. Very smart.

4th.

Behind Brady Rodgers and Herbert

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Unforgivable.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Who else ranked him 4th. I wonder

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Out of curiosity:

DYAR:
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Dak
4. Mahomes
5. Herbert

DVOA:
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Dak
4. Mahomes
5. Jimmy G
6. Herbert

QBR
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Herbert
4. Stafford
5. Mahomes

ANY/A
1. Rodgers
2. Burrow
3. Stafford
4. Cousins
5. Brady

Passer Rating
1. Rodgers
2. Burrow
3. Dak
4. Cousins
5. Wilson

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Passer Rating
1. Rodgers
2. Burrow
3. Dak
4. Cousins
5. Wilson

I thought #5 in this dumb stat was Zach Wilson for a second and had to run to make sure that wasn't the case.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
The problem with Garoppolo is that his floor is awful, like sub Darnold level. He can play well for 55 minutes and still completely cost you the game in the other 5 minutes. I cannot remember the details of the game, but I feel like the loss to TEN was due to this. Even then, although they are a lower seed, they lost to both #1 seeds by a last minute field goal, it is not like they were in the same boat as the Eagles or Steelers entering the playoffs.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 20, 2022

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah who the gently caress was even playing defense for the Ravens that day? Maybe Rodgers sucked because he literally couldn’t tell who was playing any position.

According to the snap counts you had the following guys on secondary:

Brandon Stephens FS
Geno Stone SS
Anthony Averett CB
Kevon Seymour CB
Robert Jackson CB
Tavon Young CB
Anthony Levine SS
Tony Jefferson SS

Young was the only guy penciled in as a starter at nickle at the start of the season, with Averett looking to play in relief on the outsides or as a dime. Stephens, Stone and Levine I think were the only other dudes on the main roster before that week. All were supposed to be special teams guys, especially Levine who plays more of a LB/S hybrid. Stone was a round 7 pick from 2020, Stephens was the dude that played RB at UCLA before playing DB for one season at SMU.

At least Tony Jefferson is cool even if he's not a great player and hasn't been for awhile.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1483982287339339780?t=8qe3-sggi0WL9ZeDvZGx2g&s=19

Lol. Lmao.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Are any of the younger QBs primadonnas? Feels like we're going to have a critical shortage once Ben, Brady, and Rodgers are gone.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Los Angeles Rams are going to win the Super Bowl and Matthew Stafford is going to be the Super Bowl MVP

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Eifert Posting posted:

I'd probably rank Waller ahead of Kelce.

It's not his fault his coordinator occasionally forgets he exists. Andrews?

Waller can’t run routes like Kelce, who frequently breaks DB ankles despite being 33yr old and not particularly SPARQy

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

DariusLikewise posted:

The Los Angeles Rams are going to win the Super Bowl and Matthew Stafford is going to be the Super Bowl MVP

Thank you for the update on your Madden Franchise Mode play through.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

fsif posted:

Are any of the younger QBs primadonnas? Feels like we're going to have a critical shortage once Ben, Brady, and Rodgers are gone.

Do we count Baker for this

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Deshaun Watson is the new Big Ben

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Nodoze posted:

Do we count Baker for this

I like Baker a lot just based on his Commercials. I didn't watch any Browns games this season, so I had no idea he is a Bad QB.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

fsif posted:

I mean, they don’t usually start out that way. Somebody who seems cool now is going to turn out to suck poo poo, personality-wise.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DariusLikewise posted:

A lot of people are saying this.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

fsif posted:

Wentz was/is, though he may not even be a starter next year

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

MJeff posted:

A lot of people are saying this.

I overheard some cool young people at a hipster coffee shop saying that

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
I have a feeling it's gonna be the Bills this year

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Grip it and rip it posted:

Don't put that curse on them

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Grip it and rip it posted:

I don’t think anyone has ever had this feeling ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

The game where Myles Garrett beat him with his own helmut is one the few NFL games my fiancee has watched with me. Much like my granfather, I may too paint that for her on an anniversary of some kind as a way to say sorry for a very trivial and petty slight.