Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

the only way to kill god is to chuck a rock at him. brilliant

Seeing gameplay, i think I'll buy it! Was pretty iffy and i wanted to just emulate it, but that was a bust. Seeing how the second boss has an actual pattern and an arena to make it harder to avoid really comforts me. All the tweaks, including reworking the buff/debuff system is very, very appealing.

Established Pokemon lore: Throwing rocks at Pokemon in the Safari zone is a sacred technique relating back to trying to hunt and capture God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I love stoner Typhlosion and I don't care who knows it

The new Lilligant design AKA Legigant felt weird to me at first, but it's growing on me. Still like her regular design better, but she'll probably still have a place on my team.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Saw a picture of Typhlosion with his fire

Yeah he is redeemed, best design

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

MechaX posted:

Saw a picture of Typhlosion with his fire

Yeah he is redeemed, best design

WHERE!? :suspense:

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
re: hacks, Unbound, Gaia, and Crystal Clear are my top 3

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Can confirm, sadboi rules with his flames on:

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Now don't get your hopes up, he's only really cool in my personal opinion, but here is the shot I found

now betting he has the little magatama design on him

MechaX fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 20, 2022

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Also, new bear still looks stupid, but slightly better in motion.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He shouldn't stand up.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

More Typhlosion

https://i.4cdn.org/vp/1642639201053.webm

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Owns.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I feel like Vito when he sees Sonny's dead body

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What Pokemon RomHacks/fan games are supposed to be good? Insurgence is pretty solid and I know a bunch of people like Sage

Reborn is real bad apparently
play Touhoumon Purple

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I didn't realise his flame collar had nine tails. I kinda think that rules now too. Dang.

Typhlosion standing will always still look pretty weird though. Been that way since gen 2.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hell yeah

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I didn't realise his flame collar had nine tails. I kinda think that rules now too. Dang.

Typhlosion standing will always still look pretty weird though. Been that way since gen 2.

Yeah, the Ghost typing suddenly makes sense now

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Also, better look at new owl boy under the hat.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
upset that typhlosion looks as cool as it does because i already want arcanine and zoroark, and I dont like having that much type-overlap

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Can confirm, sadboi rules with his flames on:

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Also, new bear still looks stupid, but slightly better in motion.

Nice. Good enough that I'm pretty sure they'll grow on me.

Blaziken386 posted:

play Touhoumon Purple

What's the deal with these?

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Shinyness is visible in the field, there's also a distinctive noise when one spawns in

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Ok, flame-on typhlosion does look extremely cool

Standing up bear looks like Colin's Bear Animation. Just dreadful

Xander B Coolridge fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 20, 2022

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

MechaX posted:

Now don't get your hopes up, he's only really cool in my personal opinion, but here is the shot I found

now betting he has the little magatama design on him

Okay I'm more than down with that. The flames are just gorgeous here! Deffo going with cyndaquil as my starter for this one.

And now that I've seen the full body version I'm a little more on board with the bear but the anime eyes are still a little off-putting.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Okay now is there any in-game screenshots that make Samurott cooler than the leaked image implies?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Blaziken386 posted:

play Touhoumon Purple

I don't think the Touhoumons are better than TPDP (Touhou Puppet Dance Performance) and TPDP is unironically one of the best fangames. Though I will say there's something unsatisfying about how TPDP doesn't have different sprites for different styles/forms.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Flopsy posted:

And now that I've seen the full body version I'm a little more on board with the bear but the anime eyes are still a little off-putting.

The eyes, the weird flaps everywhere, the forehead insignia

It (and many of the others) looks like it was created by taping oddly-shaped shreds of cardboard together and sticking googly eyes on them lol

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Asterite34 posted:

Okay now is there any in-game screenshots that make Samurott cooler than the leaked image implies?

no, Samurott is just as lame as it seems.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Xander B Coolridge posted:

The eyes, the weird flaps everywhere, the forehead insignia

It (and many of the others) looks like it was created by taping oddly-shaped shreds of cardboard together and sticking googly eyes on them lol

Eh agreed. I mean I do see what they were going for but they did put too much crap on it's face. The body shape though is LEAGUES better than Ursaring. This looks like a genuinely terrifying push your poo poo in bear. Especially important because Hokkaido is legendary for bears like that.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Asterite34 posted:

I wish. Sadly Oshawott is still a two-stage line that should not go past that.

At least Cyndaquil now has a better final form instead of having the same issue as Oshawott.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Sneasel's new evo is a grinch. It looks like a grinch.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sneasel evo looks like a sonic the hedgehog character

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

oddium posted:

sneasel evo looks like a sonic the hedgehog character

I hate you because you're right.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Sneasel chat:

On one hand, Sneaseler looks dumb and I wish I could just get my favorite Pokémon ever, Weavile in Legends. On the other, I can’t not name any future Weaviles Sneaselest from now on

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Sneasel chat:

On one hand, Sneaseler looks dumb and I wish I could just get my favorite Pokémon ever, Weavile in Legends. On the other, I can’t not name any future Weaviles Sneaselest from now on

good news

Normal Sneasel and Weavile are in the game as well. One of only two lines where you have multiple regional variants in the game (Vulpix/Ninetales are also in in Kanto and Alola formes)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Flopsy posted:

Okay I'm more than down with that. The flames are just gorgeous here! Deffo going with cyndaquil as my starter for this one.

And here he is in motion:

https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1483964675658235906

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 20, 2022

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Zore posted:

good news

Normal Sneasel and Weavile are in the game as well. One of only two lines where you have multiple regional variants in the game (Vulpix/Ninetales are also in in Kanto and Alola formes)

Oh poo poo. Now I just need Weavile in Hisuian colors and I’d explode with joy

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

And here he is in motion:

People are spoiler tagging these things for a reason, you know? The game isn't out yet, let people (other than us who don't care) get surprised if they want to be.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

He just can't believe your poo poo.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zore posted:

good news

Do you think if an Hisuian Zoroark comes across an alolan Ninetales it just sneers "bitch" at it?

I can just see them being so goddamn offended that these foxes adapted perfectly and beautifully to a colder environment while they're left half dead and riddled with frostbite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oh good, Volo's theme has Cynthia's piano just in case you weren't sure whose ancestor he was :allears:

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 20, 2022