Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

poisonpill posted:

See you laugh but if I were a billionaire, I’d absolutely do exactly what Bezos is doing. Get completely shredded, move to a penthouse suite, and spend your time filming fanfic of your self-insert Lotr character

Beats Elon just phone posting anime on Twitter all day

He's such a loser lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The best way to be a billionaire is Notch. Just fat as gently caress in a castle and shitposting 24/7.

If he wasn't a horrible racist I'd almost respect him.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

you: aw man the Amazon LOTR show is gonna be trash

me, enlightened: Hey! Come derry dol! Can you hear me singing? Gimme the garbage!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

That and the jellybeans dispensers

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Amazon LotR is going to be a gigantic steaming pile of poo poo and I'm going to watch every minute of it.

:hai:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Make more expanse seasons bezos you gently caress!!

I need more Bobbie and Drummer kicking rear end!!!!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The LOTR show will be just like the Star Wars sequels. At first it’ll be like ‘oh thank gently caress this isn’t as horrible as those prequel movies’ but then resentment will grow as it will simultaneously be too much like the LOTR movies and also not enough like the LOTR movies

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Endless Trash posted:

The LOTR show will be just like the Star Wars sequels. At first it’ll be like ‘oh thank gently caress this isn’t as horrible as those prequel movies’ but then resentment will grow as it will simultaneously be too much like the LOTR movies and also not enough like the LOTR movies

It's going to have tits and cursing, lol

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I'm hoping for giant dwarf titties

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I’m getting the completely random vibe that The Batman is gonna flop, based on nothing

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

mallratcal posted:

Absolute boulders

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

as a tolkien dork i loved shadow of mordor and stupid sexy shelob and i will cackle as nerds get mad at elf titties or whatever

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I don't mind elf titties as a concept but I just don't think they really fit in LOTR

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

mallratcal posted:

they motorboated too greedily, and too deep...

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Much like wheel of time and the bezos seasons of the expanse, it's going to be dull and juvenile writing.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Gutcruncher posted:

Just rewatched the Flash Gordon movie last night and wanna remind everyone that the movie is loving awesome and the Arrow 4k transfer is loving awesome.

I got a BluRay/4k setup over Christmas and the first thing I watched was Flash Gordon.

GutCruncher here has good taste is what I'm saying.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
LOTR show will be like Got except with source material that doesn't loving suck.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

keep punching joe posted:

LOTR show will be like Got except with source material that doesn't loving suck.

Yeah because that was the problem with GOT. That's why no one remembers the dumb GRRM poo poo like the Red Wedding or Ned Stark, and everyone remembers all the poo poo they came up with when they didn't have books to work from

Now, give me something vaguely based off parts of the Silmarillion as interpreted by 1200 suits as Amazon: THAT will solve the GOT problem.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Who cares about elf titties. What everyone really wants is orc cocks.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Or as I like to call em, Crocks.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Meat's back in the menu boys :heysexy:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Fine, you convinced me. I’ll watch the dumb hobbit show

Burns
May 10, 2008

Thing is, bezos being bezos and amazon being amazon why do i have a feeling there is going to be some stupid subplot trying to make sauron one of those "misunderstood villian" or worse, some kind of anti-hero tropes thats so loving common these days.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
in all fairness it was pretty whack for illuvatar to keep the power to create new beings to himself when melkor had so many great ideas

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

Looks like meat's back in the men, you boys

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Looks like meat's back in the men, you boys

Well done.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Carpenter loves body horror and Sonic the werewolf hog is definitely body horror.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Johnic the Carphog

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Arc Hammer posted:

werewolf hog

Jack was in the Howling movies?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think it was in one of the RLM commentaries they said Carpenter told a reporter he doesn't make movies anymore because he only wants to do what he can be best at, so he's focusing on being the best at playing Xbox

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I love that he just plays synth shows now because he wants to and his particular style has come back into vogue for a while

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

A Single Sphink posted:

Jack was in the Howling movies?

Don't put that thought in my head. I will resent its absence.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I heard The Thing described as bow-owAuschwitz and I felt the need to share that

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I always thought the idea with lotr was everything was legendary and everybody was 207 years old and 10 ft tall and the hobbits were normal size?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

the new lord of the rings is gonna be elven orgies, dwarves doin lines of lembas crumbs, viggo mortensen beheading jeff bezos irl, and its gonna own hard.

edit
or it will be like the hobbit and i wont remember any of it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Hackers film 1995 posted:

viggo mortensen beheading jeff bezos irl

I have doubts

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Hackers film 1995 posted:

or it will be like the hobbit and i wont remember any of it

It's going to be 12 hours of Tom Bombadil singing jaunty tunes.

drat right you are going to remember it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
They're not brave enough to do Tom Bombadil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Tom Bomba's Dill Pickle and his Goldberries.