Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Todbringer's Vacation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gonkish posted:

Oh my god the outpost system is so cool. Finally, a reason to bother with military alliances. I'm hyped for Karl leading an army that includes some random dwarf units and stuff. gently caress that's cool. I know it's only a max of 4 allied units per stack, but still, that's just awesome.

The dwarves can get demigryph knights maybe? Or even just Empire knights? Something? I mean they can already get Mournfang Cav in WH2 soooo...

I'm so hyped about this too. I've always loved any fluff of "our distant allies have sent a detachment of warriors to battle the greater threat!" and now I can finally play out some dwarves or elves helping out the empire.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'd assume it's lower level units - empire knights, crossbows, etc - but who knows

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'd assume it's lower level units - empire knights, crossbows, etc - but who knows
I believe people in this thread have already said that if you have a Military Alliance you can recruit whatever the city can recruit, up to 4 units per army (total foreign troops per army, not 4 per alliance or whatever).

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I like that it gives you a better reason to leave uninhabitable terrain to a different faction you ally with. It's better to just leave the Dwarves in the mountains and ally with them than it is to slog through it all.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I believe people in this thread have already said that if you have a Military Alliance you can recruit whatever the city can recruit, up to 4 units per army (total foreign troops per army, not 4 per alliance or whatever).

:stare:

Dwarves with four Grail Knights or Hippogryphs

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Be'lakor is voiced by Richard Armitage, who I think was most famous as Thorin Oakenshield in the Hobbit movies.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Oh my god reading the last three pages is loving incredible. Pretend I quoted every one-line post about a change or feature with :sickos: under it. So stoked to get my hands on this!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Omnicarus posted:

I like that it gives you a better reason to leave uninhabitable terrain to a different faction you ally with. It's better to just leave the Dwarves in the mountains and ally with them than it is to slog through it all.

That and more incentive to actively defend allies who are under threat instead of viewing them as kind of disposable. I didn't use alliances a whole lot in the other games, especially with factions of other races, because they tended to start stupid poo poo I didn't want to get involved with, but if they're providing me with key units that make my army stronger, that's a game changer. Obviously some races will benefit more from this than others though--it's not like high elves have any massive holes in their roster that need to be filled (though obviously even with the jack of all trades factions there are still other factions that do specific things better).

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

They renamed taskmaster to supervisor I’m refunding this bougie propaganda piece

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I think Turin said that it's up to tier 3, though he didn't sound completely sure.

You can build outposts in your allies' settlements through the diplomacy screen if they control a provincial capital and it gives you access to their local recruitment in that province and the settlement gets some garrison units from your faction, at the highest level of outpost you get access to that faction's global recruitment. Also looked like there were other bonuses, but I didn't screencap it.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I don't care if the chaos warriors are "just recolors", the art team has been loving busy, holy hell

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
It's gonna make so many VH wins in Immortal Empires smoother to be able to make good neighbors and grab a 4 unit core of something you need for your stacks, especially if your faction can't provide it. 4 artillery, fliers, good cav, good frontline. 4 darkshards if you can get along with Delves. If there is a tier 3 limit ah well, loads of gold early on.

Ahh drat man, this is gonna revolutionize campaign Dwarves, Tomb Kings, Counts and Coast. Maybe Norsca depending on their rework. Even something like Empire and you want some Dwarves so the center of your front line doesn't fold when the going gets tough.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

You all can have your allies I’m gonna go get magic swords

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Pgxpw2Vds

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Sounds like different streamers might have different schedules on what they can show?

Legend said tomorrow he’s playing a This is Total War campaign with Skarbrand. “By far the most busted OP faction in WH3”

Also confirmed there’d be some days he does a WH2 stream. He has a long-standing promise to do a Throgg stream as the last HW2 stream before WH3 launch. (He hates Throgg)

Scott Forstall fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jan 20, 2022

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I love the Mimic-looking treasure chest on the end-of-battle "Rewards" icon for the Legion of Chaos!

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Twigand Berries posted:

You all can have your allies I’m gonna go get magic swords

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Pgxpw2Vds

Slaanesh is the Trailer Park Boys "I'm gonna give you $100 to gently caress off." meme. Holy poo poo.

Also that sword is loving bonkers: 500 AP damage, 30 melee attack, 20% ward save, Unbreakable, Magical attacks? That's like, Sword of Khaine levels of bullshit good... but without any of the maluses... and you can get it after turn 30? Whaaaaat? WHAT? Nuts.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 20, 2022

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Why do people have such a hard-on for Belakor? He's just another demon with wings and horns and stuff?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The ability to shore up weaknesses in the roster is a huge incentive to keep allies alive. Dwarves with Brettonian knights or Norsca with cannons? Yes please.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Everyone is Norsca now, no walls on minor settlements means Norsca doesn't have that one, specific disadvantage. They're still going to get crusaded to hell and back, of course, but at least they're not the only ones who get krumped.

Also, god drat that map is gorgeous. gently caress.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Some ingame cutscenes from the Slaanesh survival battle and some lore cutscenes you get when you beat your first survival battle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOa8Vc5dOt8

Even if you want to avoid spoilers, watch the first couple seconds to see a Snootler of Slaanesh do a little flip :3:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

V for Vegas posted:

Why do people have such a hard-on for Belakor? He's just another demon with wings and horns and stuff?

He’s the first Demon Prince and a big deal. But it seems he is the final boss rather then a playable lord.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gonkish posted:

Everyone is Norsca now, no walls on minor settlements means Norsca doesn't have that one, specific disadvantage. They're still going to get crusaded to hell and back, of course, but at least they're not the only ones who get krumped.

Also, god drat that map is gorgeous. gently caress.
Hopefully it means that the AI will have been updated to not have a megaboner for unwalled settlements now, because holy hell do they home in like Arghy to Dwarf mods in WH2.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Hopefully it means that the AI will have been updated to not have a megaboner for unwalled settlements now, because holy hell do they home in like Arghy to Dwarf mods in WH2.

Yeah, but who the gently caress knows at this point? I haven't heard it mentioned in any of these videos yet, but then again everyone is focusing on all the new stuff so maybe it got overlooked.

That said, I really want to know exactly what's up with the 50 turn embargo. I'm assuming it's the new Chaos invasion mechanic or something like that.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

The new “chaos invasion” or vortex is the story of the death of Ursun who is that bear from His Dark Materials.

Ok, each faction gets visited by the advisor to go rescue the dead god who isn’t dead or god rules or something. Except the dragons want to find their lost sister who is like the dragon of happiness who was like “I’m gonna go spread joy up there in the chaos wastes” and disappeared and the dead polar bear saw what went down and I imagine the various chaos factions want to like eat the bear so maybe just Kislev wants to save the bear.

Anyway, to gain access to this carcass of a not quite dead bear god you have to travel through rifts to the realm of chaos and fight and dilemma your way to the center battle where you defeat one of the four champions. Repeat for each chaos faction. You can see Slaanesh in the video I posted above.

Once you get all four you fight Belakor and rescue, interrogate, or violate the vampire bear god

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Maybe. On the other hand with a vastly reduced supply lines penalty it might be worthwhile to recruit a backline lord and half-strength army to help defend those areas a lot more comfortably now too.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
There was a mod that did the outpost stuff pretty much exactly already. Basically you could recruit units from military allies if you had an embassy built and the embassy added some garrison units for you, but you were limited to a certain amount of units. So no Karl with a full stack of Sea Guard or whatever, just a couple for flavor. I always really liked it. It's fun to see what kind of weird combinations you can get. Very cool that it's an official add now.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Diplomacy updates detailed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_NT_vA60G4

Quick Deal is a nice “keep the game moving” QoL improvement especially the “balance offer” button. You can threaten people! And potentially trigger a war!

There is a currency that you gain from alliances that allow you to buy units and other advantages. Your outposts enhance their garrisons in addition to unlocking units to recruit. Request army lets you take control of one of their armies temporarily. Units you recruit abandon you if the alliance ends. You can do missions for your ally based on things they want.

This really seems like it’s giving a lot more life to alliances.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

It makes diplomacy worth a drat, which was the biggest weakpoint (imo) in the previous games. Easier to use, more impactful, (hopefully) less obstinate bullshit, plus it gives you tangible benefits AND allows you to fix border gore.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Are outposts an actual thing that show up on the map and can be attacked, or just like an icon on the city its attched to

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I'm looking forward more to multiplayer opening up than anything else. The first few weeks of a new release are always extremely entertaining as the meta hasn't formed yet and people are just throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

V for Vegas posted:

He's the first Daemon Prince and during his tenure he managed to have all four Chaos Gods eating out of his hand and courting his favor rather than him courting theirs. Unfortunately for him this couldn't last as the Chaos Gods compared notes and decided they needed to stand as one and punished him more than they punished any being in existence. They withdrew all of their gifts aside from his Daemon status, tortured him, stopped him from manifesting in the material world except under very specific circumstances (those being the crowning of an Everchosen), and bound him to be a slave of the Everchosen that he crowns. Over the centuries though he's made plans to circumvent his prison and take his revenge on the Chaos Gods themselves, which often serves as the focal point for several key events in Warhammer history (the biggest being the Albion campaign or him being Archaon's secret father and planning to possess him at the moment of his crowning). In the meantime though he has become a being of pure darkness and shadow that had his own bespoke lore of magic on the tabletop. He also commanded a Chaos Undivided force of Daemons that he had either captured from the gods and bound to himself instead of them or had signed Daemonic contracts with to bring them into his service.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yeah Belakor is basically The Better And More Interesting Archaon, because he's the same concept of "undivided dude who wants to gently caress over the gods for screwing him" except he actually plots against the gods instead of doing literally everything they want at all times.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are outposts an actual thing that show up on the map and can be attacked, or just like an icon on the city its attched to

Apparently the latter.

Also, the Great Maw is a Sarlaac, confirmed:

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I’ve been able to just spend half the day watching various streams and I remember being amazed at the quality of life changes from 1 to 2 and I estimate they’ve about quadrupled that here.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnEdgelord posted:

He's the first Daemon Prince and during his tenure he managed to have all four Chaos Gods eating out of his hand and courting his favor rather than him courting theirs. Unfortunately for him this couldn't last as the Chaos Gods compared notes and decided they needed to stand as one and punished him more than they punished any being in existence. They withdrew all of their gifts aside from his Daemon status, tortured him, stopped him from manifesting in the material world except under very specific circumstances (those being the crowning of an Everchosen), and bound him to be a slave of the Everchosen that he crowns. Over the centuries though he's made plans to circumvent his prison and take his revenge on the Chaos Gods themselves, which often serves as the focal point for several key events in Warhammer history (the biggest being the Albion campaign or him being Archaon's secret father and planning to possess him at the moment of his crowning). In the meantime though he has become a being of pure darkness and shadow that had his own bespoke lore of magic on the tabletop. He also commanded a Chaos Undivided force of Daemons that he had either captured from the gods and bound to himself instead of them or had signed Daemonic contracts with to bring them into his service.

That video earlier on this page shows his fall from grace, namely him at the height of his arrogance saying he is great and ordering the Chaos Gods to give him more power, and instead them teaming up and stripping him of his physical form.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I think I've about reached my limit in terms of news saturation and might just wait to play the thing in four weeks instead of wringing every ounce of surprise out of the game ahead of time.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Twigand Berries posted:

I’ve been able to just spend half the day watching various streams and I remember being amazed at the quality of life changes from 1 to 2 and I estimate they’ve about quadrupled that here.

1 year between 1 and 2
4 years between 2 and 3

:allears:

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
GW has their own article on the new faction

https://www.warhammer-community.com...-warhammer-iii/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Teenage me is just thrilled about all of this and the idea that