Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Its Rinaldo posted:

Lol Angelina Jolie was in a marvel movie? And nobody knows or cares? Yikeroos for her career

Her fame vastly exceeded the quality of her movies anyway. Most of them are barely above straight to video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Pain of Mind posted:

Her fame vastly exceeded the quality of her movies anyway. Most of them are barely above straight to video.

I'll hear no ill words about Hackers

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Yeah, I was a big fan of weird and grungy Angelina, once she went full Hollywood glamour icon she stopped being interesting. Then again, to be fair after banging Billy Bob Thornton I’m sure anyone would want to turn their life around

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I promise you that wherever you think this story about a small town Alabama speed trap will end, it just gets worse.

https://twitter.com/JohnArchibald/status/1483802227366113286

https://twitter.com/JohnArchibald/status/1483802246668238853

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Pain of Mind posted:

Hey now Wanted was mediocre.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

she seems to be in that place now where a lot of the projects are as a Name to interest Non-American Markets (specifically, China), so the quality of performances doesn't have to amount to much.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I just had a sandwich with a single leaf of romaine lettuce which got me thinking, what are the tiers of lettuce? Romaine is trash, the only good use I can think of is a Caesar salad and even then Kale is much more durable and has better crunch/texture for that purpose. A spring mix with some arugala, baby spinach, endive, etc. is probably my favorite and most versatile. I use it for sandwiches, salads, really anywhere I use lettuce. Iceberg is like B-tier in that it has some good uses, like in lettuce wraps and for shredding on tacos/burritos.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

romaine and rocket are s tier, iceberg is b tier, everything else is poo poo tier

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Alaois posted:

Kasumi is fine in the vents, but if you make the wrong person lead the fire team she'll still die. it has to be Miranda, Jacob or Garrus.

God damnit.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Romaine seems to last longer than the spring mix stuff. I buy a 3 pack of romaine hearts and it stays edible for a couple weeks, but spring mix starts going off almost immediately. Some days you have to sort through the packages of arugula, spinach, etc. right there at the store to find the stuff that isn’t going slimy already.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Alaois posted:

Kasumi is fine in the vents, but if you make the wrong person lead the fire team she'll still die. it has to be Miranda, Jacob or Garrus.

Better to lose her than Tali at least

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

swickles posted:

I just had a sandwich with a single leaf of romaine lettuce which got me thinking, what are the tiers of lettuce? Romaine is trash, the only good use I can think of is a Caesar salad and even then Kale is much more durable and has better crunch/texture for that purpose. A spring mix with some arugala, baby spinach, endive, etc. is probably my favorite and most versatile. I use it for sandwiches, salads, really anywhere I use lettuce. Iceberg is like B-tier in that it has some good uses, like in lettuce wraps and for shredding on tacos/burritos.

Iceberg lettuce has the nutritional equivalent of water, so it's firmly F-tier for me. Anytime I can sub in spinach (baby or otherwise), I jump at it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a neat cape posted:

God damnit.

its really funny because in the cutscene immediately before making the choice, Jack tells Miranda nobody wants to follow her orders

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Also I feel like you can't go 3 months without all romaine being recalled for E. coli outbreaks

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

harperdc posted:

she seems to be in that place now where a lot of the projects are as a Name to interest Non-American Markets (specifically, China), so the quality of performances doesn't have to amount to much.

I don't even mean now, none of them are really big or famous movies for her whole career. I mean, The Bone Collector is decent, but there is really no movie that you can look at and think that it was the one that made her very famous. Her resume is more like Casper Van Dien's than Tom Cruise (except Starship Troopers was probably bigger than most of her movies).

Edit: Spinach and arugula are the superior leaves to eat, pretty much all lettuce is subpar with iceberg in last place.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 20, 2022

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
It's weirdly telling how people thought Angelina Jolie's role in Gia was considered her turn to superstardom & serious acting… and the only thing I remember about that movie is she's naked for a good chunk of it.

Like how Halle Berry won her Oscar after her turn on Monster'a Ball.

Then again, I guess there is a significant level of acting that's necessary to make people believe you liked having sex with Billy Bob Thornton. :v:

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

BigPaddy posted:

I doubt any modern movie will ever be able to touch the 2000 Dungeons and Dragons for just being poo poo in every conceivable way and not even in a amusingly poo poo way like movies that get the MST3K treatment.

How quickly you forget that Aquaman exists.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I liked Aquaman, as well as Shazam! & the 1st Wonder Woman.

Then again, they were 200% less dour & unfun than the Snyderverse films so it's all graded on a curve.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Alaois posted:

its really funny because in the cutscene immediately before making the choice, Jack tells Miranda nobody wants to follow her orders

I chose Zaeed to lead the other team and big brained myself

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, checking out Angelina's IMDB I found Foxfire, which I associate with a really bad cold war movie (e: oops this was Firefox), and she played the part of Legs Sadovsky which I would associate with a Bond film.

quote:

Legs Sadovsky gets four other high school girls to think for themselves and react to a teacher's sexual harassment, which gets them suspended. They bond, and rebel, at an abandoned house.

This is not what I was expecting it to be about.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Dave got de-balled

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Dave got de-balled

He got married? Hohohoho

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Joey Freshwater posted:

Dave got de-balled

dave noooooo

gonna be my pup's turn soon, he's almost seven months old

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Timby posted:

Hawkeye was good. WandaVision was awful, and I can't recall a single thing about Loki outside of Richard E. Grant showing up in pajamas.

Oof no

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Me: I wish my 4 year old would stop saying "here girl", "roll over", and putting bowls of Cheerios around on the floor for her 10 month old sister, she's not a dog.

Also me: gosh they're playing together for a long time, who cares.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Joey Freshwater posted:

Dave got de-balled

Omg his medical donut is a donut

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Qwijib0 posted:

Me: I wish my 4 year old would stop saying "here girl", "roll over", and putting bowls of Cheerios around on the floor for her 10 month old sister, she's not a dog.

Also me: gosh they're playing together for a long time, who cares.

This is the correct answer

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i recently made one of my favorite chemicals, chromyl chloride

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Android Apocalypse posted:

I know Braksgirl mentioned making king cakes recently and I shouldn't be surprised there's an OG French version, so go figure I saw this on my YouTube feed and felt like it belongs here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlAuZYGsqPE

I mean, I guess that's probably tasty but homemade puff pastry is a lot more of a bitch to make than yeasted dough. No thank you please to making laminated dough. Also I think almond paste aka marzipan is kind of a polarizing flavor. I mean, not that the French care about that sort of thing.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Finally getting around to watching Lawrence of Arabia. Scorching hot take: it's incredible.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

Finally getting around to watching Lawrence of Arabia. Scorching hot take: it's incredible.

Hell yeah

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Book of Boba Fett is a show about a man trying to take a nap who keeps getting interrupted.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

shirts and skins posted:

:yeah:

Lawrence and The Bridge on the River Kwai were two old movies I really liked as a youth and still do.

Qwijib0 fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 20, 2022

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Play posted:

the anime star wars thing was p cool. i enjoyed most of them and appreciated how they actually tried to do different things

I've been meaning to go back and watch that, but I feel like my free time is so limited these days. Gotta trick my wife into making it her next binge show.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I usually use romaine for quick lunchtime cold cut sandwiches but also I made a pretty tasty Italian style salad for dinners last week with it

Shredded iceberg is a must on smash burgers along with American cheese and I will not hear otherwise

Arugula lightly tossed with some fresh squeezed lemon, extra virgin olive oil, and pepper is S-tier on sandwiches that take a little more effort like grilled/smoked steak, tenderloin, tri-tip, etc with good crusty rolls or baguettes or something

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

General Dog posted:

Book of Boba Fett is a show about a man trying to take a nap who keeps getting interrupted.

It's not about me

e: oh my god Stephen Root is in Boba Fett, show redeemed

What happened to the Boba Fett who straight up merked Bib Fortuna anyway?

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 20, 2022

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

What in the screaming poo poo is this lol

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1483563385883140100?s=20

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Intruder posted:

It's not about me

e: oh my god Stephen Root is in Boba Fett, show redeemed

What happened to the Boba Fett who straight up merked Bib Fortuna anyway?

I’m just relieved that Max Rebo survived the Jabba assassination.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

this is the ultimate "saying the quiet part out loud," holy poo poo