Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
when I hear that someone died in a skiing accident it always sounds like a euphemism for a coke overdose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

he was “hitting the slopes”

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Casey Finnigan posted:

when I hear that someone died in a skiing accident it always sounds like a euphemism for a coke overdose

i too make this association, and I blame this ca-ca-ca-clown

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

porfiria posted:

Given the number of random famous people it's killed, skiing seems insanely dangerous.

what pleasure will you take away from them next helicopters

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

porfiria posted:

Given the number of random famous people it's killed, skiing seems insanely dangerous.

that's the great thing about it. the rich love it and it kills them

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Casey Finnigan posted:

Are you a former sorority girl who graduated my college back in the early 00s?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Some people do helicopters and skiing at the same time even.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

spanky the dolphin posted:

It's actually a lot more practical than it looks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC_yTMST7mw

haha, the second i posted i thought "that's going to turn out to be some insane practical effects setup with the camera on a rig" but i didn't think they'd have a breakdown video out yet to find out from. i love vfx. what's what is never what you think.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Eric Cantonese posted:

if this is true, miss, my pms are open.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexisohanian/status/1483854508287565825

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

literally the first time my friendgroup will go to the theater together in two years. i'm owned

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Eric Cantonese posted:

lol no but why?

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

i say swears online posted:

literally the first time my friendgroup will go to the theater together in two years. i'm owned

[Minutemen riff]
Hi I'm Johnny Knoxville, and this is getting intubated.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

[Minutemen riff]
Hi I'm Johnny Knoxville, and this is getting intubated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ElUY2n884k

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Casey Finnigan posted:

lol no but why?

One of the sororities where I went to school would make an announcement during parties saying "it is snowing on the slopes of Room 11" so cool people would know where to go to do coke.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

man I rented Se7en when I was like 15 and I accidentally watched the second half of it first and when I got to the credits I was so loving confused.

I kept waiting for it to like skip back in time and show how the case started!

i did this with the Godfather Part II... so i started the story AFTER after the trip to Cuba lol I thought they were doing an in medias res thing and they'd eventually explain what happened that made Michael so loving pissed at Fredo. got all the way to the credits

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

some of those discs are the kind you have to flip over.

I'm one of the dumb wrong freaks that still gives two spits about old physical media, and god those things still suck just as much as you remember

Also still sucks: finishing the first tape of a long movie and discovering the second tape wasn't rewound last time

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

DoombatINC posted:

Also still sucks: finishing the first tape of a long movie and discovering the second tape wasn't rewound last time

renting a DVD and it's scratched up so loving bad that the movie can't play past the 1hr25min mark so you drive back to the rental store to get another one and when you get back you find out it won't play past the 1hr35min mark because it's also really loving scratched up

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i remember waiting in line at blockbuster upwards of thirty minutes on rainy days. the 90s sucked

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

i say swears online posted:

i remember waiting in line at blockbuster upwards of thirty minutes on rainy days. the 90s sucked

What hellholes did you guys grow up in?

This reminds me of the independent video shops I used to go to that are all certainly dead now.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
yeah i cant say i either experienced that even during the peak heydey of blockbuster/hollywood video that there was ever a serious line at all. unless it was a bunch of people queuing to rent a hot new video game but that was really rare and only a few times.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
games were always rented out at blockbuster but it gave me a good reason to play budget garbage like Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard and stuff.

I was really sad when blockbuster finally closed down even though by that point they were selling individually wrapped "spicy pickles" in plastic bags

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i first rented secret of mana at blockbuster and for that i am eternally grateful

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the last game i rented from blockbuster was starcraft 64, i think i started pc gaming at that point

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/classicide/status/1483652062994915330?s=21

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

spanky the dolphin posted:

It's actually a lot more practical than it looks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC_yTMST7mw

This should have been the actual trailer

Wait can you even call it a trailer, it was just the name of the show. What a loving waste lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

This should have been the actual trailer

Wait can you even call it a trailer, it was just the name of the show. What a loving waste lol

The Virgin Amazon LOTR Trailer vs the Chad Jackson Fellowship of the Ring Intro

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Casey Finnigan posted:

IIRC, it's pretty drat hard to overdose on coke, though I'm sure people have managed. Maybe if you've got a medical condition.

My seminal poo poo rental was the SimCity 2000 port for the SNES. Yes, that was something a thing. The Firemen was surprisingly dece, though. Certainly original, some banger music.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the original simcity for SNES was hot garbage. they released a starcraft port on the 64 as well and that may have been the most difficult game to play of all time

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

IIRC, it's pretty drat hard to overdose on coke, though I'm sure people have managed. Maybe if you've got a medical condition.

My seminal poo poo rental was the SimCity 2000 port for the SNES. Yes, that was something a thing. The Firemen was surprisingly dece, though. Certainly original, some banger music.

If I’m reading this right they’re about as common as heroin or meth overdoses. Although idk how that maps to raw numbers of users

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/nytimesarts/status/1484233165854187528

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Michael Schur, the comedy writer known for “Parks and Recreation” and “The Good Place,” has a surprising new project: a book about comedy show writing that explores how to not be funny.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

those were the days: tv is dumb nerds read a book lol

but now- wow!: actually television is the formative moral praxis of our times the philosophy of which allows us to transcend the weaknesses of the human condition

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
tv is bad now. sorry to say.

Was it ever good? Yes. It was good when I was a kid. Dexter's Lab was good.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

been there read that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the LotR show trailer should not have had that actress awfully reading the poem over it, it ruined a fairly decent looking teaser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Casey Finnigan posted:

tv is bad now. sorry to say.

Was it ever good? Yes. It was good when I was a kid. Dexter's Lab was good.

case closed