Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Interesting that they need safe space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Joey Freshwater posted:

Dave got de-balled

Dave Growl? More like Dave Yipe

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Interesting that they need safe space

Man, what a bunch of snowflakes.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I think I'm gonna get and play Crusader Kings 2.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

harperdc posted:

this is the ultimate "saying the quiet part out loud," holy poo poo

Speaking of

https://twitter.com/PabloReports/status/1483979232816635909

gently caress I hate this stupid loving country.

Hijacked by a handful of pantshitting geris and craven corporate stooges, loving bullriding this planet into oblivion.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

I promise you that wherever you think this story about a small town Alabama speed trap will end, it just gets worse.

https://twitter.com/JohnArchibald/status/1483802227366113286

https://twitter.com/JohnArchibald/status/1483802246668238853

These are both infuriating, but unsurprising.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Speaking of

https://twitter.com/PabloReports/status/1483979232816635909

gently caress I hate this stupid loving country.

Hijacked by a handful of pantshitting geris and craven corporate stooges, loving bullriding this planet into oblivion.

Good god :psyduck: I think that may be the definition of bad-faith argument.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, checking out Angelina's IMDB I found Foxfire, which I associate with a really bad cold war movie (e: oops this was Firefox), and she played the part of Legs Sadovsky which I would associate with a Bond film.

This is not what I was expecting it to be about.

I watched Foxfire on VHS in college and it was fairly unremarkable.

shirts and skins posted:

Finally getting around to watching Lawrence of Arabia. Scorching hot take: it's incredible.

If you ever have the chance, see it on a big movie theater screen. First time I saw it was at the Brattle Theater in Xbridge, and while it's not a modern gigantic movie plex screen, it was still :aaa:. I'm even willing to overlook Alec Guinness in brownface playing a Saudi Prince.

Speaking of people wandering in the desert, I caught up on The Book of Bona Fett with the last 2 episodes. Yeah, the chase scene was pretty bad. The dual timeline stories feels too much like a bad The Godfather Part II rip-off. But Good gawd is that The Mandalorian's music?!?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Cavauro posted:

i recently made one of my favorite chemicals, chromyl chloride

Good

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Intruder posted:

It's not about me

e: oh my god Stephen Root is in Boba Fett, show redeemed

What happened to the Boba Fett who straight up merked Bib Fortuna anyway?

He comes back some in episode 4

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/nocontextbrits/status/1483071753651896323?s=21

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cavauro posted:

i recently made one of my favorite chemicals, chromyl chloride

Be safe! Wikipedia makes it sound scary.

Keep it locked up until the bengals win the super bowl imo

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Android Apocalypse posted:

If you ever have the chance, see it on a big movie theater screen. First time I saw it was at the Brattle Theater in Xbridge, and while it's not a modern gigantic movie plex screen, it was still :aaa:. I'm even willing to overlook Alec Guinness in brownface playing a Saudi Prince.

Yeah the cinematography and art direction is mindblowing. I knew about the Alec Guinness weirdness going in, haha. What can you do. At least it has Omar Sharif?

O'Toole does such a good job portraying Lawrence as the absolute weirdo he was purported to be.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

T-Square posted:

I usually use romaine for quick lunchtime cold cut sandwiches but also I made a pretty tasty Italian style salad for dinners last week with it

Shredded iceberg is a must on smash burgers along with American cheese and I will not hear otherwise

Arugula lightly tossed with some fresh squeezed lemon, extra virgin olive oil, and pepper is S-tier on sandwiches that take a little more effort like grilled/smoked steak, tenderloin, tri-tip, etc with good crusty rolls or baguettes or something

Shredded ice berg for burgers, tacos and white albacore salad sandwiches imo.

I’m lazy so it’s mostly spinach or spring mix for everything else

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

New at the shrimp money house this week:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Eminem's doing the halftime show? I might actually watch for once

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The halftime lineup is pretty amazing

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lmao

https://twitter.com/alexmoss/status/1484138206291443714?t=nGf2RZ-qU4X2lK6wPd8fGw&s=19

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I seen the future and it's the Habbo Hotel

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

The halftime lineup is pretty amazing

G Funk Halftime is actually gonna be fascinating and Very Good.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
If you told me that's what Second Life looked like now, I'd believe you without question.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

dirty shrimp money posted:

How do I make an NFT of a chiptune Kraftwerk cover?

Asking for a prismatic friend.

C-Euro posted:

If you told me that's what Second Life looked like now, I'd believe you without question.
Needs more flying dongs.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 20, 2022

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Will the future also have a closed pool?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Qwijib0 posted:

Due to Covid?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Will dogs be able to vote in the metaverse

I think they should

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

BigPaddy posted:

Due to Covid?

too soon

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

Yikes

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Shifting to a hybrid work environment suspended indefinitely :sigh:

It's responsible of the company to do this but gently caress me I really hate working from home.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Working from home has pros and cons generally but wfh during plague time is obviously the right move.

Also wearing work clothes sucks!!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Shifting to a hybrid work environment suspended indefinitely :sigh:

It's responsible of the company to do this but gently caress me I really hate working from home.

Even if you went into work you'd still be talking to people on video screens, it feels like a waste to commute and do the same thing there that you'd do at home

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

If I had to go to an office how can I bill people for sitting on meetings they asked me to go to that have nothing to do with what I am working on and play Stellaris?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

C-Euro posted:

Ah, thank you. That's what I was trying to think of when I saw this. Love it when tech execs get their head up their rear end so far they don't realize how dumb this is.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

Even if you went into work you'd still be talking to people on video screens, it feels like a waste to commute and do the same thing there that you'd do at home

Nah the way we're structuring it is teams can choose the two days that everyone will be in the office, then every individual gets to choose a third. The remaining two are WFH. My team would be in Monday / Tuesday. I'm taking over for our longest tenured team member when she retires end of Q1 and remote training -- particularly when I've only been at this company for a year come February -- has been less than ideal for everyone involved. It's really hard to get the institutional knowledge that she has.

I also just flat out hate WFH because there's no way to have a dedicated work space in our apartment and I can't really shut my brain off from "work mode" without having a work space / non work space.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

I also just flat out hate WFH because there's no way to have a dedicated work space in our apartment and I can't really shut my brain off from "work mode" without having a work space / non work space.
Just do what I did, have this exact problem and snap and buy a house. :v:

(It's an absolutely reasonable complaint and you have my sympathy)

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

My office is having the problem where 40% is out sick and there’s a ton of cycling of sick people due to exposure and family and things are falling behind as a result, as something needs to be covered or picked up by someone else, and then another when they get sick.

We can’t go back to home until things die down though, that makes the company look weak.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

New at the shrimp money house this week:

A good and noble tiel.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kiddo has been fine since like Monday but wife now has flu-like symptoms and despite a negative home test we don't see how it isn't Covid. She never leaves the house at this point due to her workplace extending WFH.

I was kinda tired this morning. Which cold be nothing but wouldn't surprise me if I have it at this point. The only symptom I got from being vaccinated was feeling really tired that day.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Fifty Three posted:

Just do what I did, have this exact problem and snap and buy a house. :v:

(It's an absolutely reasonable complaint and you have my sympathy)

Yeah, if was still living in my old apartment, WFH would have driven me crazy, but I already had a dedicated office space in my current house, so it was an easier transition. Especially once I got a second monitor

T-Square
May 14, 2009

bobjr posted:

My office is having the problem where 40% is out sick and there’s a ton of cycling of sick people due to exposure and family and things are falling behind as a result, as something needs to be covered or picked up by someone else, and then another when they get sick.

We can’t go back to home until things die down though, that makes the company look weak.

We’re having the same issue with our support team in Mexico that fields all of our cases and does preliminary research and sorts/classifies cases before sending them to us/where they need to go to. They’ve just been getting beat down with covid the last couple weeks and the three people still working have been instructed to just send all of the cases right to us and it’s been a nightmare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah, if was still living in my old apartment, WFH would have driven me crazy, but I already had a dedicated office space in my current house, so it was an easier transition. Especially once I got a second monitor

I'll be honest, WFH is kind of rough on me because I live in a three-room apartment (living room / kitchen, bathroom, bedroom). There isn't any room for separating work from the rest of my life, which, to be honest, sucks.