Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomy
Oct 19, 2004

lol just lol that I started reading that graph as starting in 2019 and then realized, no this is year 3 of the pandemic now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
i've lost all concept of time at this point

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Lostconfused posted:

lmao looking at the official numbers and the slope for deaths is looking as sharp as it was when the pandemic started.

yup, but if it was as lethal as it had been at the start it would be a straight loving line up. our government saw the part about it being less lethal and decided that meant it was all fine, missing the ‘500% as infectious and trasmissible’ part

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

RBC posted:

i've lost all concept of time at this point

same. it happened to me at some point relatively early in the trump years

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
the manitoba cabinet shuffle, brought to you by crown royal

https://twitter.com/ianfroese/status/1483516204396470274?s=20

we have three(3) health ministers now

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
that's good! that means you can handle three times the amount of covid cases you could with just one health minister

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

DariusLikewise posted:

the manitoba cabinet shuffle, brought to you by crown royal

https://twitter.com/ianfroese/status/1483516204396470274?s=20

we have three(3) health ministers now

what on earth was even the ostensible point of this shuffle.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Karach posted:

Smoke and mirrors?

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

TheKingofSprings posted:

Smoke and mirrors?

Government of MB is now microdosing ministries

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Karach posted:

Changes line of questioning. The former minister can no longer comment as it isn’t their ministry, the new minister can defer commenting on something before their time.

Smoke and mirrors with some benefits

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/nationalpost/status/1483533329936916483

Positive news

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
People are just mildly dying folks, nothing to worry about

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

quote:

Ontario Premier Doug Ford says the province is set to make an announcement later this week about reducing COVID-19 restrictions.

Ontario is reporting a record 4,183 people in hospital with COVID-19 today, including 580 people in intensive care.

That’s up from 3,887 in hospitals on Monday, though not all hospitals report data from the weekends.

There are 37 new COVID-19 deaths being reported today.

Ontario is reporting 7,086 new cases of COVID-19, though Public Health Ontario has said the number is likely higher because of a current policy restricting who can access tests.

It seems awfully mean of the National Post to include these damning statistics in their announcement-of-an-announcement when there's so much to look forward to.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

PEI is locking down further tonight. Four of our 20 ICU rooms are taken by covid patients right now.

- Personal gatherings are limited to a single household plus up to two other support people where needed. People living alone can join another household.
- Single households may participate in outdoor activities.
- No organized gatherings are permitted.
- Funeral and wedding ceremonies are permitted with up to 10 people, with officiant.
- Gyms and all recreations facilities will be closed.
- No in-room dining at restaurants. Take-out, drive-through and delivery is permitted.
- Schools will remain closed to in-class learning.
- Retail stores can operate at 50 per cent capacity with physical distancing.
- Isolation measures will still be four days after coming into P.E.I., with testing.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Understandably, all 25 permanent residents of PEI are devastated by this news

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

drat horror queefs posted:

I wanted to make a joke about this but you beat me to it

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

drat horror queefs posted:

12 of them can still go to retail stores if they respect distancing

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 13:57 on Oct 29, 2022

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
spoiler the whole mild thing is bullshit

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Oh I know but this is a transplanted D&D thread so you have to be careful :decorum:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

everyone's positive for omicron.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

RBC posted:

spoiler the whole mild thing is bullshit

ive got a mild case of death

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
le petite mort

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Finally our dark secret is being revealed to the world.

https://twitter.com/Cate__Johnson/status/1483200799090032643

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
We only have one road though so we don't really need more.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/jonnywakefield/status/1483964865429475328?s=21

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

I'm down

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

deleted what was it

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Jordan Peterson is now professor emeritus.

quote:

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/jordan-peterson-why-i-am-no-longer-a-tenured-professor-at-the-university-of-toronto
I recently resigned from my position as full tenured professor at the University of Toronto. I am now professor emeritus, and before I turned sixty. Emeritus is generally a designation reserved for superannuated faculty, albeit those who had served their term with some distinction. I had envisioned teaching and researching at the U of T, full time, until they had to haul my skeleton out of my office.
First, my qualified and supremely trained heterosexual white male graduate students (and I’ve had many others, by the way) face a negligible chance of being offered university research positions, despite stellar scientific dossiers. This is partly because of Diversity, Inclusivity and Equity mandates (my preferred acronym: DIE). These have been imposed universally in academia, despite the fact that university hiring committees had already done everything reasonable for all the years of my career, and then some, to ensure that no qualified “minority” candidates were ever overlooked. My students are also partly unacceptable precisely because they are my students. I am academic persona non grata, because of my unacceptable philosophical positions. And this isn’t just some inconvenience. These facts rendered my job morally untenable. How can I accept prospective researchers and train them in good conscience knowing their employment prospects to be minimal?

Peterson is quitting academia because he just cares so much about the fate of his grad students, unlike literally every professor ever. In particular, his straight white grad students, who have been submerged beneath the waves of grievance culture like puppies in a bathtub.

Maybe if they were smart they would be gay??

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
How likely is it that he was actually pushed out? I don't know much about academic culture but it seems to me that resigning from a tenured position like his isn't something a lot of people would do.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Mister Speaker posted:

How likely is it that he was actually pushed out? I don't know much about academic culture but it seems to me that resigning from a tenured position like his isn't something a lot of people would do.

My guess would be that Peterson is shunned by his colleagues due to his unconscionable (and incomprehensible) philosophical opinions, and the rank odour of meat sweat.

Seriously, it's pretty hard to go to work every day at place where everybody thinks you're scum. Hence the vitriol for his colleagues in the linked piece.

Financially, he's probably doing just fine, too, thanks to lectures, book sales, Patreon, etc. All of us have a copy of 12 Rules for Life on our shelves, and very clean rooms.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

I was thinking it was because of Peteron's anti-vax rhetoric but I'm guessing sticking with the teaching/material he's trained in doesn't provide nearly the kind of money/attention doing alt-right/anti-vax speaking events does. Probably taking the grift full-time.

Lassitude has issued a correction as of 12:48 on Jan 20, 2022

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Peterson, like Bari Weiss before him, has had to quit loudly quite precisely because he wouldn’t be fired. He has spent the last few years collecting full pay despite zero duties for teaching, admin work, or even ever having to show up.

e: he was always deeply disliked before becoming famous. Someone I know described him as the platonic ideal of the person you didn’t want to get stuck talking to at a party. His only mode was ‘lengthy jeremiad’.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Dr. Jordan B. Peterson, Emeritus posted:

And it’s not just the universities. And the professional colleges. And Hollywood. And the corporate world. Diversity, Inclusivity and Equity — that radical leftist Trinity — is destroying us. Wondering about the divisiveness that is currently besetting us? Look no farther than DIE. Wondering — more specifically — about the attractiveness of Trump? Look no farther than DIE. When does the left go too far? When they worship at the altar of DIE, and insist that the rest of us, who mostly want to be left alone, do so as well. Enough already. Enough. Enough.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Speaker posted:

he was 100% shitcanned

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Star uncovered that the Barry Sherman owed a billion dollars to pharma companies and was refusing to pay lol.

He was behind the malaria drug that made people go crazy and kill themselves, that the government knew posed a risk, gave it to us anyways, and hasn’t given us a dime for, so I had kind of hoped a vet got him, but alas.

If it’s over billions in pharma money, there’s no chance in this case being solved now then eh? :canada:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Peterson posted a dramatic reading of his letter on youtube and instead of linking it I'll just say it's basically the worst episode of Vinyl Café ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Hand Knit posted:

Peterson posted a dramatic reading of his letter on youtube and instead of linking it I'll just say it's basically the worst episode of Vinyl Café ever.

lol why would you ever give him clicks

anyway i love how hes like my poor straight white masculine boys will nobody think of them

my so is a prof and i was talking to him about this last night and i was like who would ever take on one of peterson's grad students? like, nobody at this point signs up with him without knowing and agreeing with his beliefs