Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

HMMM

e: https://guya.moe/read/manga/Oshi-no-Ko/68/1/ chapter link for top of new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Nope. Nope. Not buying it for an instant.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder whether a new lead will eventually get Aqua off his breather or if one of his friends/lovers' murder will.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Grouchio posted:

I wonder whether a new lead will eventually get Aqua off his breather or if one of his friends/lovers' murder will.

Akane will totally commit to becoming Ai 2.0, right down to the bitter end.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Super Jay Mann posted:

Akane will totally commit to becoming Ai 2.0, right down to the bitter end.

You mean she will adopt him?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm glad that's over and now Oshi no Ko can become a light hearted romantic comedy.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Grouchio posted:

ton of speculation but spoilers

So, the prologue had a flashforward of Aqua, Ruby, and Arima Kana doing a prologue for a movie about Ai, and it seeming pretty clearly still focused on revenge on Aqua's side.

The Truth is pretty much right in front of you.

Himekawa, Aqua and Ruby have the same dad, but it's not ol dude who Himekawa thinks is his dad.

Maybe the womanizer with the inferiority complex found out that his wife cheated on him with someone, and that happened to lead to a kid that he thought was his, until he found out it wasn't, which seems to set up pretty nicely for a murder suicide...Sorry "Double Suicide", or if you want to make the sperm donor even more evil, he killed both of them to protect himself and used his power to have it declared suicides. But the Murder Suicide is cleaner narratively imo.

This also makes sense as I'm pretty sure the timeline would make it so that Himekawa's dad would have been dead before Ai died. Which is doesn't line up, because Ai called the baby daddy right before she got murked.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
See, I figured their dad is who they think it is, but the murderer is not their dad, and in fact killed their dad as well as both their moms for some undisclosed hosed-up reason. So it's still revenge, just not patricidal revenge.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

me slowly, and with increasing volume chanting "Patricide"

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I seriously am hoping that Akane doesn't get fridged to continue the plot :ohdear:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Mirage posted:

Nope. Nope. Not buying it for an instant.

:same:

It's a fun path for the manga to go in for now though, and Aqua got lots more info here than I was expecting.

I hope we get Aqua with a mega black star eye digging up his "father's" grave for DNA after new clues point to that not being his dad at some point.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 21, 2022

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

NowonSA posted:

:same:

It's a fun path for the manga to go in for now though, and Aqua got lots more info here than I was expecting.

I hope we get Aqua with a mega black star eye digging up his "father's" grave for DNA after new clues point to that not being his dad at some point.

That would be a feat, as the standard practice for burial in Japan is cremation

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

New Chapter: https://guya.moe/read/manga/Oshi-no-Ko/69/1/

Incidentally, this good series is even better on re-read. You catch the foreshadowing and the weird pacing isn't a problem when you don't have to wait weeks between chapters.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
With all the drama regarding their parentage, I completely forgot that there's probably going to be a dramatic reveal about Aqua and Ruby's past connection at some point.

Probably a deeply unsettling one for Ruby. :v:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I forgot all about this subplot too. Does Aqua know exactly who Ruby was?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I had a chair that was visually indistinct from that one for a while and it was like maybe 70 bucks

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Sindai posted:

I forgot all about this subplot too. Does Aqua know exactly who Ruby was?

I don't think he ever outright confirmed it with her, but he noticed the similar behavior when they were infants and called her by her original name.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Iirc in an earlier chapter, he made a point that Ruby has grown past her age of death and has become a regular teenage girl whereas he's still an adult stuck in a kids body, so i think he already knows

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
I think that all he knows is that she died young considering how she's acted. He doesn't know it's Serena explicitly unless he heard her say this:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I always enjoy Mem-cho trying to explain to a bunch of kids how Youtube monetization works.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Super Jay Mann posted:

I always enjoy Mem-cho

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 70

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Ruby Showing her power.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Poor Mem-cho. Thought of her 30s and died.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

It's nothing to worry about. Only 18 years old season 12.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

SpacePig posted:

Poor Mem-cho. Thought of her 30s and died.
Vtubers can keep Vtubing as long as their voiceboxes don't wear away. And there are voice doctors for professional singers.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I mean, her primary thing was YouTuber anyway, she'll be fine. I just thought Ruby's comments and Mem-cho's reactions were funny is all.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New chapter and the Aquabowl is heating up.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Akane with the last second left Haymaker.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Akane is a monster.

Kana is getting worked.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
I feel this is actually gonna backfire on Akane, cause I remember Ruby mentioning once that Aqua would never risk a teen pregnancy.

And bringing up sex as a motivation to keep a relationship going isn't really healthy. This may result in Aqua putting a hard stop to things right now.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It would help if you post the chapter link

https://guya.moe/read/manga/Oshi-no-Ko/71/1/

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

wokow6 posted:

I feel this is actually gonna backfire on Akane, cause I remember Ruby mentioning once that Aqua would never risk a teen pregnancy.

And bringing up sex as a motivation to keep a relationship going isn't really healthy. This may result in Aqua putting a hard stop to things right now.

It will backfire, but, I mean Akane was ready to catch a body for Aqua lol.

Girl is in far too deep in Love lol.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Akane no this is not a healthy way to go about things.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Annointed posted:

Akane no this is not a healthy way to go about things.

I'm pretty sure that outside of aqua she isn't in a better place now then when she was then.

wokow6 posted:

The usual way for it to go would be him just turning her down to show what an ethical guy he is.

I suspect that'll happen here to and that'll send Akane's anxiety through the roof, then causes whatever to happen that made it so she wasn't in the framing flash forward.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 72

A wild papa appears!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lol shout out to Akane for listening to this story and realizing the same thing the fans did.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Chapter 72

A wild papa appears!

Akane asking herself if she should tell is a good thing for her, but given current circumstances, she really should.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

gently caress. That can't be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kinda surprised by Akanes reaction, kinda not.

But I have a feeling whatever the wrong choice is, she'll go into whole heartedly