Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm concerned that because Amazon haven't taken my money yet it means they're sold out of the OLEDs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

robot roll call posted:

I'd just start with the first one, the later ones have some different modes and stuff but it doesn't really matter if you're just starting. If you have Nintendo Online and want to see what it's like Mario Picross on SNES is great. It's lacking some QoL stuff the newer ones have but the core gameplay is functionally identical.

great, thanks!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

DuhSal posted:

I'm thinking about trying out picross. Is it good to start with picross s from the first game (as a complete new person to the series) or are one of the sequels better to start off with?

I'd also recommend Mario Picross. It's the same type of game as said, but it's harder to play once you're used to the Quality of Life features in the other games. If you're making too many costly mistakes, no shame in rewind to be honest, if you don't want to restart the puzzle altogether.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

one of the few areas in which mario is unquestionably a bigger rear end in a top hat than wario.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Artdink is working on project triangle and the assisted on two ogre tactics games 4 billion years ago

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Quest64 literally made me throw up as a kid it made me that nauseous to play it. Good times.

I picture this game being unveiled to a massive group of people, most of whom are disappointed.

And then somewhere in that crowd, you hear literal wretching and vomiting sounds.

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

How does it work if you're buying a second Switch? Are you able to access your account and download your games?

I never trust Nintendo with this stuff. :-(

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

yung lambic posted:

How does it work if you're buying a second Switch? Are you able to access your account and download your games?

I never trust Nintendo with this stuff. :-(
The way I understand it is that the first Switch you registered your account with is your primary Switch. This Switch can play all your digital games regardless of what profile you use. Any other Switches you add to your account are secondary Switches (IIRC you can have up to 4 secondary consoles) which can only play your digital games on the profile your NNID is linked to, and only if nobody else is playing them on that profile on another Switch. You can change which console is your primary by de-linking your account from your primary Switch, whereupon the next Switch to access your account becomes your primary.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I think there needs to be a definitive "How do I deal with my games across multiple Switches?" Q&A in the OP. Not blaming anyone, it sounds confusing as poo poo, but it gets asked maybe every 5-10 pages, so I think it'd save everyone a lot of time.

Even if the question still gets asked by newcomers, one would only need to point to the OP for the answer.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I'm concerned that because Amazon haven't taken my money yet it means they're sold out of the OLEDs

Amazon takes your money when the item ships

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Money is gone. It hasn't officially changed status to shipped yet but I'm sure someone ispissing in a bottle to get it to me as we speak. I'm going to play 72 holes of motion control Mario golf to celebrate when it arrives tomorrow

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The new Lego Star Wars game will be out April 5th:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HKYhNwzBA8w

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Star Wars is so tired at this point. Give me LEGO Star Trek: TNG dammit :mad:

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

They should release Lego DS9 and also let Lego Bashir and Lego Garak kiss.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

LuckyCat posted:

Star Wars is so tired at this point. Give me LEGO Star Trek: TNG dammit :mad:

LEGO Star Trek would be awesome, yes

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

It took me a long time to figure out what was bugging me about that trailer, not having played a Lego game in a while, and I think it's that they used to almost never use that over the shoulder style camera angle outside of the open world. Anyway, game looks neat, I might pick it up eventually. Also playable Jabba???

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cattail Prophet posted:

It took me a long time to figure out what was bugging me about that trailer, not having played a Lego game in a while, and I think it's that they used to almost never use that over the shoulder style camera angle outside of the open world. Anyway, game looks neat, I might pick it up eventually. Also playable Jabba???

The Lego Star Wars games have always had weird unlockable characters like that, yeah. Also this particular game has been in development hell for the last 2-3 years now so hopefully it’ll be good (I like that they completely remade the first 7 episodes as opposed to just porting the existing games at least)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Larryb posted:

The new Lego Star Wars game will be out April 5th:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HKYhNwzBA8w

I'm way too Star Wars'd out, I haven't even seen anything past the release of Rogue One, no Mandalorian or any of those shows... But this looks good as hell.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

but I already have the best switch, the one that comes with a Dpad that I can fit in my cargo pants pockets

Quoting this because there’s times where I’m moving around the house and pop the Lite into my pocket. No cargo shorts required

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I have never played a Lego game because they always look dull to me, but that trailer made the game look really fun.

Everything they showed looks like fun, but there’s so much variety to gameplay and that makes me nervous that not all the activities will feel good to play. Like the space and Hoth speeder levels - I love rogue squadron a ton, but if the flight mode in this Lego game is not well executed I’ll be very put off.

Also this:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm way too Star Wars'd out, I haven't even seen anything past the release of Rogue One, no Mandalorian or any of those shows... But this looks good as hell.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lego Star Wars ftw

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

When the gently caress will the Banjo update drop

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
When are they gonna get to the ya-huck factory?!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

John Wick of Dogs posted:

When the gently caress will the Banjo update drop

Play it on Xbox at 60fps like lord Stamper intended.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Wildtortilla posted:

I have never played a Lego game because they always look dull to me, but that trailer made the game look really fun.

Everything they showed looks like fun, but there’s so much variety to gameplay and that makes me nervous that not all the activities will feel good to play. Like the space and Hoth speeder levels - I love rogue squadron a ton, but if the flight mode in this Lego game is not well executed I’ll be very put off.

Also this:

I've only played a couple Lego games (Jurassic World and Lego City Undercover), but the ones I've played are super good and fun! I especially recommend Lego City Undercover, but I think Lego games are mostly consistently good.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They're amazing co-op games and usually have a wild amount of content.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Guys I used too many cheat codes in Banjo and Grunty deleted my Switch

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Silver Falcon posted:

I've only played a couple Lego games (Jurassic World and Lego City Undercover), but the ones I've played are super good and fun! I especially recommend Lego City Undercover, but I think Lego games are mostly consistently good.

I found the Indiana Jones one on the 360 to be downright bad, having enjoyed most of them before that, and didn't play another one until Lego City Undercover. Undercover was awesome! So I'd also recommend that one.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

American McGay posted:

They're amazing co-op games and usually have a wild amount of content.

Is this true for Lego City Undercover? I keep seeing that on sale but I haven't gone in for it yet.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Found this in the Steam thread but oof, another reason to wait and see on that Star Wars LEGO game.

https://www.polygon.com/features/22891555/lego-star-wars-the-skywalker-saga-has-led-to-extensive-crunch-at-tt-games

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Imma buy the start warp eggo game

^^ gently caress maybe not

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Daemon X Machina is going to be free on EGS next week if you're like me and didn't want to pay $60 for the Switch version.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Cattail Prophet posted:

There's a Star Wars cartoon (I think it's Lego Star Wars) and Jabba is voiced by Dana Snyder (Master Shake) so hopefully that is a feature.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Is Project Warlock good, and good on Switch?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

If y'all haven't been paying attention to the the leaks, you're in for a treat with Legends. Looking real good, I'm actually excited for a Pokemon game.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I can't speak for the Switch version, but I've played it on Steam and it's gloriously violent and nuts.

Take Catacomb: Abyss, Heretic, and Blood, put them in an advanced Wolf 3D engine, and then crank the violence up to 12. Add in excellent sound design and truly wonderful music, and you've got a great time.

There's a weapon/spell/personal upgrade system, and a bunch of levels to go through. I also think there's a challenge mode.

Where PW apes the Wolf 3D feel, apparently the upcoming sequel is going to feel like Quake.

Anyway, I love it.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

ExcessBLarg! posted:

yes and yes, it's really good and it runs fine other than a 15 second long freeze at a particular interaction with the final boss

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-lego-star-wars-the-skywalker-saga-deluxe-edition-unmasked

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I got one of those Hori cases that holds 25 cartridges and it's awesome how a cubic foot of cases can be reduced down to basically nothing.

Me: "Now if we lose this one case we lose all of our games."

My kids: "challenge accepted "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/streamforgegg/status/1484157944547745798?s=21
This somehow isn’t bullshit and they sent me a key.