Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Curious that the whips keep blackmail material on themselves. Surely the first thing you would do when appointed one would be to delete it/change it to something innocent like "nonces occasionally".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
"Takes his personal trainer to cinema" is potentially wholesome. Maybe he just wants someone to go splits on a Popcorn Combo Meal?

Also chuckled at a Whip called Pincher who gropes people

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I hear it soaks up the urine like a treat!

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Lord of the Llamas posted:

In fairness to Jake Berry on that list he did marry the woman he "impregnated".

Despicable behaviour, totally unacceptable.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol at the liz truss one

lol that boris is a nexus of fornication and women in his office just getting pregnant

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Before we all get too excited about that list, the provenance of it is shaky as hell. It emerged during one of the many convulsions in the Tories over Brexit, around the time that Gavin Williamson was somewhat unexpectedly moved from Chief Whip to Defence, among rumours that he was leveraging the dirt that he had on his colleagues to set himself up for a run at Foreign Secretary *where Boris was already making noises about quitting) and then leader.

However there are about nine different stories about where this *specific* list comes from because it doesn't contain anything not already pretty well-known in the Westminster bubble and leaves out a number of stories that since came to light (e.g. Charlie Elphicke, who had already been arrested at the time this leaked (although the story was still being sat on by the whips), and [REDACTED], who is completely and totally innocent of any and all charges and just took a nice long holiday for absolutely no reason.

The version that rings truest to me is that this is just a compilation of rumours and gossip from a WhatsApp group used by CCO/HoC staff that somebody chose to drop into the mix at just the best time. If nothing else I'd assume the whip's office would definitely have something juicier about Johnson than an NDA, especially as this was the time he'd started seeing Carrie Symonds, still at the time working in the CCO Press Office (before being shuffled out very quickly after Johnson flounced from the FCO) and of course still at the time cohabiting with Harry Cole.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Moral of the story: The apparent raw sexual charisma of Kwasi Kwarteng.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Johnson's file in the whips office is a big manilla folder, 2 inches thick, containing the birth certificates of all his children.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Umbra Dubium posted:

Who the gently caress uses "fornicated" in this millennium?

(Yeah, yeah, Tory whips, that's who.)
The kind of people who think a guy having casual sex is just being a guy, but a woman doing it is disgusting and to be reviled.

Also Rory is a foot guy, calling it now.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Umbra Dubium posted:

Who the gently caress uses "fornicated" in this millennium?

(Yeah, yeah, Tory whips, that's who.)

Speeds things up a little if you use tabloid-speak right from the start. I'm just surprised there's no 'romping' on there.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Before we all get too excited about that list, the provenance of it is shaky as hell. It emerged during one of the many convulsions in the Tories over Brexit, around the time that Gavin Williamson was somewhat unexpectedly moved from Chief Whip to Defence, among rumours that he was leveraging the dirt that he had on his colleagues to set himself up for a run at Foreign Secretary *where Boris was already making noises about quitting) and then leader.

However there are about nine different stories about where this *specific* list comes from because it doesn't contain anything not already pretty well-known in the Westminster bubble and leaves out a number of stories that since came to light (e.g. Charlie Elphicke, who had already been arrested at the time this leaked (although the story was still being sat on by the whips), and [REDACTED], who is completely and totally innocent of any and all charges and just took a nice long holiday for absolutely no reason.

The version that rings truest to me is that this is just a compilation of rumours and gossip from a WhatsApp group used by CCO/HoC staff that somebody chose to drop into the mix at just the best time. If nothing else I'd assume the whip's office would definitely have something juicier about Johnson than an NDA, especially as this was the time he'd started seeing Carrie Symonds, still at the time working in the CCO Press Office (before being shuffled out very quickly after Johnson flounced from the FCO) and of course still at the time cohabiting with Harry Cole.

I kind of always assumed it was a crib sheet that some journo put together so they could keep track of Westminster gossip.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Convex posted:

"had sex with a man wearing perfume (recently came out)" is not exactly watergate

This seems highly sensible, men's cologne is uniformly terrible.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I think the implication is that cologne and perfume are too French altogether, and a real proud Briton should only shag someone who stinks of beef dripping and Marmite

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Had sex with a man wearing Lynx Africa (still in closet)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Liz Truss fucks

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Just thinking about Willy Wragg has been kind of clever here because now they can't leak the piss bath tape because it would prove they were actually trying to blackmail him. He's sort of reverse blackmailed them.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

You'd generally hope there weren't any piss bath leaks no matter your position, I think.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

josh04 posted:

You'd generally hope there weren't any piss bath leaks no matter your position, I think.

What if your position was face up, mouth open?

https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/vdybgj/deep-inside-the-chain-pub-piss-dungeon

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

Liz Truss fucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRhlRM6rYck

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Just thinking about Willy Wragg has been kind of clever here because now they can't leak the piss bath tape because it would prove they were actually trying to blackmail him. He's sort of reverse blackmailed them.

Surprised they didn't make him ambassador to the US when Trump was in office.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I am convinced that 4711 is the yet-to-be rediscovered fragrance of young milennials and Gen Z. It's got an inherent authenticity by being one of the original 18th-century fragrances from Koln that actually gave the term "cologne" to perfumery, it looks like it should be a very high class designer product but is actually cheap as dirt, and is a non-binary unisex fragrance with both herbal, citrus, and floral notes. Works as a cologne and as a room freshener, if you decant it to a spray bottle.

Seriously it is so cheap, you can get a huge bottle of the stuff for like £20 and it smells really nice. If you don't like men's cologne I'd recommend it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
I only use Brut.
Because my dad wore it and it reminds me of him every time I get a whiff of it.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Did that guy go to the hospital yet

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Before we all get too excited about that list, the provenance of it is shaky as hell.
So was #baeofpigs, but you know in your heart that David Cameron hosed a dead pig and there are photos. And that Kwasi Kwarteng is decidedly average but allowed rumours of his mamba to circulate among people who believe the dumbest poo poo on earth (e.g. Truss and Rudd) for reasons of personal advantage.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Guavanaut posted:

...Kwasi Kwarteng is decidedly average but allowed rumours of his mamba to circulate among people who believe the dumbest poo poo on earth (e.g. Truss and Rudd) for reasons of personal advantage.

There's a joke about Tories shutting down the BBC here, but I ain't fuckin' making it.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

a pipe smoking dog posted:

not sure it's that clever becasue 99% of people have never heard of him and don't know what the whips office is and the other 1% have all been posting "wow he seems pissed about this" all day

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
the old list is really vanilla tbh, is that really the best they've got? a dozen known wrong uns and then a whole lot of 'had sex recently'. imagine not even making the list

i must know what odd things rory is into tho. keep cheese in her pocket? burp the alphabet backwards? what are we working with here

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

On the one hand, far be it from me to judge anyone's sex life.

On the other hand, LOOOOOOL PISS VIDEO

Prole fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 20, 2022

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Rustybear posted:

the old list is really vanilla tbh, is that really the best they've got? a dozen known wrong uns and then a whole lot of 'had sex recently'. imagine not even making the list

i must know what odd things rory is into tho. keep cheese in her pocket? burp the alphabet backwards? what are we working with here

It doesn't have to be anything actually criminal or whatever though does it, it just has to be things that those MPs would find personally embarrassing to get out about them, and also things that *Tory voters* would find to be disgraceful.

So yes, "Had sex with a man wearing women's perfume" would probably get a lot of tutting from your average Tory.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Rustybear posted:

I know right. Where's the kinky poo poo? If this were the 70s/80s there'd be dominatrices up and down that list. They should be loving ashamed of themselves. That spider put in a better effort with that 'web'

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I know right. Where's the kinky poo poo? If this were the 70s/80s there'd be dominatrices up and down that list. They should be loving ashamed of themselves. That spider put in a better effort with that 'web'

If nothing else there's several names on there that Natalie Rowe has dropped heavy hints about, but only one of them actually mentions use of sex workers. Not coincidentally that name is also the only one she'd mentioned at the time the list came out. Sometimes she seems like she maybe gilds the lily a but, but never forget that Pamella Bordes was loving so many Tories in the late 80s that they arranged a House of Commons pass for her.

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Been here a week now. Want to say thanks for welcoming me, even if you did all think I was a spy or a banned user at first. Totally understandable given the way I barged in, and no biggy I hope. Good in here, init?! Here's to the future.

(Also, I didn't realise that list of Tories having it off with their assistants etc was released in 2017 originally... How did I miss that?!)

Prole fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 20, 2022

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

but never forget that Pamella Bordes was loving so many Tories in the late 80s that they arranged a House of Commons pass for her.

I will never forget

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Prole posted:

On the one hand, far be it from me to judge anyone's sex life.

On the other hand, LOOOOOOL PISS VIDEO

Could have been a 'work event'.

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

happyhippy posted:

Could have been a 'work event'.

When I worked in a call centre a while ago, a woman I worked with (she was an arsehole) got stuck on a call and poo poo herself at her desk. She finished the call, packed her things, logged out and never came back. It's probably still talked about, that.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Prole posted:

When I worked in a call centre a while ago, a woman I worked with (she was an arsehole) got stuck on a call and poo poo herself at her desk. She finished the call, packed her things, logged out and never came back. It's probably still talked about, that.

I guess you could say... nature called

*fumbles sunglasses*

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I guess you could say... nature called

*fumbles sunglasses*

Funniest thing about it is that she literally sat there in her own poo poo to sort out some knobber's mobile phone bill or whatever. Like, who would do that? What was she afraid of; Getting in trouble for cancelling a call? Go and have a poo, like!

EDIT: Lol "nature called". I get it. Dear god, I'm so tired.

Prole fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 20, 2022

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Prole posted:

What was she afraid of; Getting in trouble for cancelling a call?

Well, yes, probably? Call centres are notoriously lovely and abusive places to work. She was probably afraid to lose her job.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Some people are just waiting for an opportunity to poo themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Prole posted:

Funniest thing about it is that she literally sat there in her own poo poo to sort out some knobber's mobile phone bill or whatever. Like, who would do that? What was she afraid of; Getting in trouble for cancelling a call? Go and have a poo, like!

EDIT: Lol "nature called". I get it. Dear god, I'm so tired.

Terminating a call is gross misconduct in most call centres. Like they probably wouldn't have sacked her for it if she had no other issues, but it's a reason to send someone home there and then.