Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LiberLiberLiberty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
leeemuuu eeemuuuuu

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Commercials are too short and to-the-point now. And they don't blatantly lie about their product as often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKY2O4KFmMU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4hlH-lX5r4

Now this is the good poo poo.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I loving hate that there are two different commercials on the air about dads busting their daughter's boyfriend for the egregious crime of holding hands

if they're targeting people who don't respect women's autonomy, mission accomplished I guess

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I loving hate that there are two different commercials on the air about dads busting their daughter's boyfriend for the egregious crime of holding hands

if they're targeting people who don't respect women's autonomy, mission accomplished I guess

Sounds like that girl just needs a bright, refreshing and healthy coca cola after a long day of shopping for a spring outfit. Would a musical number help changr your mind?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

no hand holding cuz covid tho

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Went back to work (writing) in full force this week. I'm on day 3 and it's like--poo poo. This is dumb. Working three days in a row is dumb. You should only work two days a month and one of those days should be optional and the other should just be if you're feeling it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Today I fuckin adulted the poo poo out of the day. Washed dishes, cooked dinner, paid bills and kept the network shiny.

I might actually be getting good at Smash, idk.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

NienNunb posted:

I like the geico commercials where they stop you from becoming like your parents. Geico and Progressive are the reigning kings of commercials

I love the progressive commercial where they outright say 'yeah we have to try hard to get your attention because nobody actually gives a poo poo about car insurance'

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Self awareness is just a different kind of kayfabe

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Grandad has successfully received a steel rod in his leg, soon he’ll be too strong to control.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

congrats to your granddad.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

coconono posted:

I might actually be getting good at Smash, idk.

who are you playing

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’m glad they got rid of the two Sonic Drive In guys. I hated them and wished for Son of Sam every time they came on.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m glad they got rid of the two Sonic Drive In guys. I hated them and wished for Son of Sam every time they came on.

the last few years of sonic commercials have been some of the worst i've ever laid eyes on, just people in cars not even having like, improv comedy conversations, just the most inane mind numbing whatever bullshit comes out of their mouths we gotta film conversations and i dread them every time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Grandad has successfully received a steel rod in his leg, soon he’ll be too strong to control.

Hell yeah, Lex Luger better watch out!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

graph posted:

who are you playing

Terry. I like his specials.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

I love the progressive commercial where they outright say 'yeah we have to try hard to get your attention because nobody actually gives a poo poo about car insurance'

Wordle 215 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Wordle 215 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I’m a boy genius

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wordle 215 2/6*

🟩⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wordle 215 4/6

🟨🟩⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟨
⬛🟩🟩🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

no one told me they'd reuse letters. jerks.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

coconono posted:

Was annoyed when I found what the answer was.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wish Lex Luger was in smash. I wanna do torture racks on those animal crossing nerds. Punting Ness across Dracula's castle was satisfying tho.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

coconono posted:

Wordle 215 4/6

🟨🟩⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟨
⬛🟩🟩🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

They could have gone even worse if they'd wanted to. ROTOR is a valid word, after all.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You know if you wanted to you could do Wordle on your computer, figure out the answer, then do it again on your phone in one or two turns to make yourself look cool and smart, if you wanted to.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

what sort of sick filth would do such a thing

anyways here's my attempt:

Wardlowdle 215 1/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟩

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

in the m edical community people who play wordle are called 'turdles' cause,

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you're going to make yourself look like a genius to people just paste the all greens in one guess whereever you're showing people your turdle

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

whenever I want to look like a genius I just look in the mirror

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Just randomly dawned on me that they should do Breath of the Wild but a version of Termina after the moon hits

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

you are the absolute images of them, gentlemen. but what makes me afraid is that i do not recognize you as my friends... and naturally, i am afraid!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
They should make an open-world Wordle like Breath of the Wild.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

That DICK! posted:

you are the absolute images of them, gentlemen. but what makes me afraid is that i do not recognize you as my friends... and naturally, i am afraid!

Do they understand how most of what happens is people being drunk and stupid and trying to find something else to blame besides that that makes their lives totally hosed? No. They don't.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That DICK! posted:

Goddammit :cry:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

anyone on here used zenni optical for glasses. are they too cheap to be any good?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

anyone on here used zenni optical for glasses. are they too cheap to be any good?

the glasses are fine but not cheap enough for what they are in my opinion.

eye buy direct has allowed me to get really cool glasses for well under 50 dollars and they've held up fine, i switched from zenni to them a few years ago and have no regrets.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thanks fool! HahahaHa

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love my zenni frames. I only get them these days. I got some big ol' harry potter round ones right now that I think are my look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I have a friend who has hosed up eyes where he needs extremely idiosyncratic and expensive lenses and he says that zenni gives him the best prices for those lenses by a wide margin.