Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So is Empty Man worth a watch thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

oh man that Empty Man movie looks dope as gently caress im gonna watch it right now

oh yeah that ones a cult film for sure

i really liked it, it's very modern horror so it gets pretty metaphysical and isn't about a monster with knives for arms

acting is 'meh' but that's the only thing bad i could say about it

definitely not going to be everyones cup of tea

stephenthinkpad posted:

Yeah with the caveat that the film feels almost designed to divide opinion

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

stephenthinkpad posted:

No

To add to my previous post, I didn't find it scary either.

Also I feel like nearly every horror related piece of media I've seen in the last few years has been cult related so that's wearing on me.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

stephenthinkpad posted:

6/10. pretty cool but much too long

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://twitter.com/GroovyBruce/status/1483962667748323328?s=20

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Catching up but I guess I must have Mike's brain disease because I really liked Darjeeling Limited.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I also liked Darjeeling

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

On the Darjeeling Train as well. I thought it was quirky.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"It's actually a terrible movie. I don't know why I'm talking about it." :allears:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Darj approaches objectively bad but like any wes film it has its charms in craft. As previously mentioned, even french dispatch has benicio, cool sets, and stuff like that to distract you from the endless new yorker tugjob. But I recognize that as the sole I Love Dogs stan on the forum my viewpoint is of limited appeal to anyone

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

that drat kevin fiegey

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

precision posted:

imo his movie quality is proportinate to how much of the script owen wilson wrote

wilson wrote most of bottle rocket, rushmore and tenenbaums

I had no idea of this and it explains why Rushmore/Tenenbaums were my favorites

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
anyone else notice the Wookie in Bloba Frett has the exact same face as the baby Wookie from the holiday special???

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
That's just prejudiced!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

lol if you are watching that poo poo

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Maychance we all need to do a little less watching, and a little more listening

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

#NotAllWookies #NotMyItchy

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

No Mods No Masters posted:

Maychance we all need to do a little less watching, and a little more listening

the audiobook of boba fett

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
The Book of Boba Fett

A television show about a character whose one defining characteristic is that he has a cool helmet, who has a reputation of being a brutal killer thanks to decades of fanboy hype and masturbation

So let’s make sure that in this TV show he almost never wears his cool helmet and never kills anyone but gives them jobs instead

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I rely on RLM to do the thinking for me.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't want to be harsh on temuera, but I feel he has a fairly stupid face. Whenever I see a clip of the showba it always has his stupid playdoh face

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

boba fett sucks now. i'd like to know less. thank you

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
just remake Have Gun - Will Travel, but set it on tattooine

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Wrong answer, you eat the trash and then hate yourself after

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Stink Billyums posted:

just remake Have Gun - Will Travel, but set it on tattooine

that sounds great

but they'd make it staring Luke's Uncle or something and he'd just keep meeting Care Bears who get spinoffs

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
im an hour into The Empty Man and i dunno so far its super good for getting stoned as hell and vibing out to its got gorgeous cinemtaograpgy and its hella interesting so far

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

anyone else notice the Wookie in Bloba Frett has the exact same face as the baby Wookie from the holiday special???

reported for racism

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

I gave up on American Horror Story after Hotel. It started getting convuluted with Coven which i did not like. It felt too CW and was hoping itd just last that season then apocalypse happened and i gave up halfway.

They should have stopped at Asylum.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
American Horror Story Asylum was messier than Scream 3 and that says something. It was also bleaker than Scream 3. Overall it felt like it wasn't cohesive enough for me to really want more and it was nihilistic almost without purpose which for perverts like Jay might be great but for me was the signal to get off the bus.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I don't want to be harsh on temuera, but I feel he has a fairly stupid face. Whenever I see a clip of the showba it always has his stupid playdoh face

You're jealous you won't look as good at 61.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

bottle rocket haven't seen
rushmore barely remember
tenenbaums good
darjeeling haven't seen
life aquatic good
moonrise kingdom fine
mr fox good
grand budapest really good
isle of dogs fine
french dispatch haven't seen
probably forgetting a couple

fin.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

nice to see Mike openly saying he's loving tired of Disney poo poo and devoting more and more review time lately to mention weirdo Adult Swim poo poo. jfc that Boba Fett show footage looked pitiful

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My favorite Wes movies are Life Aquatic and Moonrise Kingdom

I'm a Wes Anderson Basic B-slur.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Timothy Knight of Reel.com gave the film 3 stars out of 4 and said "Although The Darjeeling Limited pales in comparison to Anderson's best film, Rushmore (1998), it's still a vast improvement over his last, and worst film, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004)."

Tim K log off

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
In my mind, the entire pitch of The Mandalorian was "basically The Boba Fett Show, but without all most of the franchise baggage that would entail"

So naturally someone at Disney was like "hey wait, I have a brilliant idea! There's this other character people seem to love who kind of looks like the Mandalorian..." and basically reverse engineered the whole thing into exactly the overly obvious idea they were trying to avoid in the first place.

Or like, the opposite of reverse engineered? I dunno

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I've gotta watch Life Aquatic again. (And not just for that lady with the clipboard). Where's it streaming?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I hadn't seen City of God when I saw Life Aquatic so it was cool seeing Seu Jorge in the former as Knockout Ned.

I had no idea when Boba showed up on Mandalorian he wasn't in the armor at first lmao. Who the gently caress is running that clown show.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Saving this for whenever Fallon does “Celebrities read mean Something Awful posts”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Disclosure: I've not watched boab show and I'm not going to, but in the model of zizek I'm experimenting in how good of posts I can make about it without doing so.

With that said, it seems like a show about a boomer failing upwards into a position of political power despite general incompetence. While I can see how that has appeal for disney wars executives, I'm not sure why they thought that would be a good fit for a boba fett show