Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Guillermus posted:

Edit: Update

Hirata Estate: Found an axe and a gun for my augmented arm... I didn't ask for this :v: I killed two shield dudes with the good old baiting and faced a spear miniboss that I ran away from when I noticed that I had enough points to spend on mikiri counter. I fit the new stuff on my arm and now I can shield break (literally). I guess this is more of a combat puzzle game than I thought.

Coin purses are important, right? to keep from losing money.

Yeah, buy purses with money. Also try to locate the fireworks augment, and remember to not press any directions when trying to mikiri, just from a neutral position. It's basically just a forward dodge.

Also, a lot more people can answer questions about Sekiro in the PS5 thread or the Sekiro thread if you get stuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, buy purses with money. Also try to locate the fireworks augment, and remember to not press any directions when trying to mikiri, just from a neutral position. It's basically just a forward dodge.

Also, a lot more people can answer questions about Sekiro in the PS5 thread or the Sekiro thread if you get stuck.

Yeah will ask at least on the Sekiro thread, thanks!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Paracelsus posted:

And then once you're done with those gazillion hours you can move on to the other games in the series.

But also you can comfortably beat it [Yakuza 0]in 25 hours!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JollyBoyJohn posted:

*Laughs in Pocket Circuit*

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I spent that much playing SEGA arcade games ingame because yo dawg...

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Don't get me wrong I think its great that people can get serious mileage out of the Yakuza games but also its a little intimidating to say "heres 8 games, they are all 150 hours long"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If you speedrun them. Normally they last about 2336 hours long, like an Ubisoft game.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

And they're all great!

Don't know when I'll ever play through all of them again though. Still have Y5 on the PS4 because I'll get that chicken (duck?) race trophy eventually.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Just had a look at my yakuza completion times and 6 is the one I put most hours into (32) which is kinda whack since it has by far the least side content

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Guillermus posted:

Yeah will ask at least on the Sekiro thread, thanks!

in my experience anyway the combat in Sekiro feels very different from a Soulsborne game even though it seems similar at first. I found it frustratingly difficult at first but it did click eventually, and once it does it's incredibly satisfying

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

lmao

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lol

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I sunk a ton of hours into Yakuza 0 because I enjoyed the hostess and mahjong minigames. The others ended up being roughly 60 hrs because I did a bulk of the substories but skipped most of the non-substory mini games. They're fantastic, and yeah, you can mainline the story if that's all you want to do and finish in a very reasonable time.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hahahahahahaha

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Sekiro is even shorter.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

replace the op with this, thanks

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

From the DS2 thread:

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Return to Drangleic 2022 starts next week

See you in the poison swamp.... Skeleton

Now is a good time to replay the weird wonderful mess that is Dark Souls II. If you don't already have it, go get it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
nah, souls games are best when barely anyone is playing them. makes the feeling of being trapped and alone in the world and then seeing a rare summon sign all that more rewarding. dark souls 1 on pc was like this and it owned. played ds2 at launch and seeing 1000s of signs and summon points plasted near a room spoiling a boss surprise kinda sucked.

ds2 does own regardless.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The worst DS2 signs were the ones in front of fake walls because of that good ol From jank

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

ReVerve posted:

Just a reminder that (insert It's Not a Souls Game gif).

It really isn't. There's no stamina, stealth kills exist, you can jump and grapple hook. Your primary goal in combat isn't really just health damage, it's pressure, posture damage and learning enemy tells. It's part rhythm game. There are a lot of shinobi tools/skills for certain situations.

It's my favorite From game and I'm glad it's so different from a regular Souls game.

I agree with this but last time I posted about how Sekiro isn't a souls game I got grilled (different thread I think)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

kirbysuperstar posted:

The worst DS2 signs were the ones in front of fake walls because of that good ol From jank

Lol

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Maybe this was changed in SotFS or a patch, but hidden doors take precedence. If there is a hidden doorway you’ll open it before reading the text.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Attitude Indicator posted:

Maybe this was changed in SotFS or a patch, but hidden doors take precedence. If there is a hidden doorway you’ll open it before reading the text.

Yeah mighta, I haven't played it since launch

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
The best message is the one in front of the top of Kalameet's ladder in Dark Souls 1. I don't think I've ever seen there not be a message there.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Weird 2021 for me (lots of studying and working) but hey FIFA 14 being there as a PS5 game is kinda hilarious.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

can the original PS4 stand be purchased anywhere? CUH-ZST1E. I can't find it at all so I'm guessing not.

I think this is the new version, but it doesn't work for me because I store my ps4 in a drawer when not using it. I literally just need a stand, nothing else

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1547775061...%3ABFBM9tO1pdBf

maybe this one would work? https://www.ebay.com/itm/194728815153

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 22, 2022

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

actionjackson posted:

can the original PS4 stand be purchased anywhere? CUH-ZST1E. I can't find it at all so I'm guessing not.

I think this is the new version, but it doesn't work for me because I store my ps4 in a drawer when not using it. I literally just need a stand, nothing else

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1547775061...%3ABFBM9tO1pdBf

maybe this one would work? https://www.ebay.com/itm/194728815153

I found some results for CUH-ZST1 on eBay, but there aren't many choices. Maybe this thing is worth considering too: https://www.ebay.com/p/2134030595

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

nitsuga posted:

I found some results for CUH-ZST1 on eBay, but there aren't many choices. Maybe this thing is worth considering too: https://www.ebay.com/p/2134030595

thanks, that one is for the ps4 pro though. i'm guessing the insignia one is the best option

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Could also get one 3D printed if you have a local maker space

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Attitude Indicator posted:

This was never changed, people are just adamant about not admitting they got got by a troll message

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A refurbished PS4 Pro costs as much as the shittier version of PS5. But at least refurbished PS4 Pros are actually available somewhere. Lol lmao xd.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if I were to snag a PS5 when I have money, it would make a PS4 Pro redundant, right?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Pretty much.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if I were to snag a PS5 when I have money, it would make a PS4 Pro redundant, right?

For almost every use case, yes. There are a tiny number of exceptions that are pretty much game-specific.

- VR games require the special-order adapter.
- There are 7 paid games and 3 noteworthy demos that don't work at all (there are a lot of older demos that don't work but only 3 that people might actually care about), with a further 2 or 3 titles (possibly more) that will run but either crash all the time or have unplayable severe rendering issues. Most of these you probably haven't heard of so don't worry about them.
- There are a little over 100 games (out of the 4000+ titles in the PS4 library) that have some type of noticeable issues. Some are minor, like the framerate or something about the rendering isn't exactly 1:1 with a PS4 or PS4 Pro, with a tiny number having more significant graphical glitches (e.g. Assassin's Creed Syndicate has broken shadow rendering). Many of these incompatible games are older sports titles, PS2-on-PS4 games, and VR games, although many games in these respective categories also work fine.
- If you're playing disc games, it's not uncommon for some older games to be unplayable (they'll run but either have severe graphical glitches or crash all the time) unless they're patched.
- Obviously, all PS4 Pros will run discs, but discless PS5 SKUs won't.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Tried to play GTA5 for the first time since May last night and I couldn't loving shoot. loving R2 sensitivity bullshit, is it worth trying to disassemble and unfuck the R2 switch? I can always get a new wireless controller on Amazon, right?

Speaking of...any recommendations for third-party wireless controllers? I'm not the primary player of the system, and the kid who is jumps around too much while playing for corded controllers to be effective.

EDIT:

univbee posted:

I don't know if good third-party wireless controllers exist that aren't designed for CoD tournament weebs that cost like $150+. With the huge influx of PS4 trade-ins at places like Gamestop it might be worth seeing how much a used official controller is.

90% of what gets played on our PS4 is Minecraft, Terraria, and LittleBigPlanet; other than that it's my few-and-far-between shooter sessions of GTA, H:ZD, and the like. Most on Amazon seem to have 3-4 star reviews, which worries my wife. I'll have her take a look at GameStop though, that's a good idea.

D34THROW fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 24, 2022

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I don't know if good third-party wireless controllers exist that aren't designed for CoD tournament weebs that cost like $150+. With the huge influx of PS4 trade-ins at places like Gamestop it might be worth seeing how much a used official controller is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/fforigin/status/1485734404680925184

Post how much the trailer surprised you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That game looks stupid as hell in a way that gives me MGR vibes. can't wait for it to be my GOTY