Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

nine-gear crow posted:

Bib Fortuna: He's no Jedi.

I always thought that was funny.

"He's no Jedi"

Jabba: "Motherfucker he was literally just mind-controlling you like five seconds ago. Where do you think you went just now?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hazo posted:

I always thought that was funny.

"He's no Jedi"

Jabba: "Motherfucker he was literally just mind-controlling you like five seconds ago. Where do you think you went just now?"

To be fair, Bib says that in regards to Luke's holo-boast when he gives Jabba R2 and 3PO. By the time Luke shows up in person, all doubts are erased on his Jediness.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I'm just going to stop posting about RotJ because clearly I've forgotten the entire first part of the movie

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I ship Boba and Fennec.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I wonder if Kanjiklub might show up in the show as part of Boba's mercenary hirelings? Apparently people in the know have said the series features a couple of direct ties to the sequels, and one of the Kanjiklub guys has the same last name as Fennec. Would be cool to see them in action rather than just standing around and then getting eaten by a monster.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
They can cast another old Scotsman to say “Kanjikloooob”

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

quote:

I like how like... with every new piece of Star Wars media that paints Tatooine as more and more of a shithole where everyone is a murderous crimelord the funnier it gets that Luke Skywalker just grew up on this planet completely normal.

Like I’m envisioning a normal day at Tosche Station where a cyborg biker and a Twi'lek prostitute are stabbing each other over a bag of spice and then it just pans over to this fresh-faced nancy boy sitting at a table sipping on his blue milk going “oh golly, I sure do love power converters!”

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I ship Boba and Fennec.

This show would be so much more interesting if they even just teased a relationship between them

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I mean that’s basically what stepping into the cantina was

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Cross-Section posted:

This show would be so much more interesting if they even just teased a relationship between them

Much like the Danny Betrayo theory I guess I’m the only one whose not about it at all

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Servetus posted:

Maybe he stepped away for a moment, then when he saw that lightsabre light up he ran for the exits.

I just went back and watched the scene with an eye to "who went where."

The first thing I noticed is that the sail barge is smaller than I always picture it. There's no one on deck except R2 and virtually everyone is downstairs in the lounge when the ceremony starts. When Luke jumps onto the skiff, a number of guards rush through the lounge and head topside. There's about 6 to 8 extra aliens who are in the lounge and stay put. Many of this extras are in the background while Leia attacks and kills Jabba. They are also trying to escape. The background screaming from the passengers ends around the time Jabba dies. None of them appear in the rest of the scene, as they are different species or clothing than the guards remaining during the fighting on the top deck.

It does appear that a number of passengers were depicted escaping, but exactly how is ambiguous. Perhaps a third skiff could have been carried below the lounge deck or speeder bikes?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

mcmagic posted:

I ship Boba and Fennec.
Fett and Fennec's Tatooine Crime Emproium

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Cross-Section posted:

It's just completely unbelievable that someone would hang out with Ming Na Wen for an extended period of time and not at least try.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

mcmagic posted:

I ship Boba and Fennec.

I mean, he already filled her guts.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Captain Splendid posted:

You fool! I've been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku!

"I have been trained in your culinary arts by Chef....Morimoto!"

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Yeah it's totally new that Tatooine is a backwater where slavery is a thing and it's totally cool to win kids on bets.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Alchenar posted:

It's really weird story plotting how they showed us Boba escaping the Sarlacc pit with his armour on and getting it stripped, then him going back to the pit to get it. We know it isn't there, we also know how and when it gets it back, the sequence didn't really move the story forwards.

I can totally understand him not remembering that the Jawas found him while he was in bad shape, gave him a beating and stole his poo poo. But I don't get why he would think his armor was down there. Did he think he stripped it off and then decided to climb out of the pit? Actually that would make sense and explain why he thought he could return into it while wearing some robes.

Boba is really loving dumb.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Like if they wanted him to blast the sarlacc as fan service they could have him do it purely out of spite and pettiness

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Luke is pretty much canonically a sheltered suburban/rural upper middle class kid.

Hell, he has his own light aircraft he's apparently able to fly for leisure.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Alan Smithee posted:

Like if they wanted him to blast the sarlacc as fan service they could have him do it purely out of spite and pettiness

i thought that was what he was doing when that scene started

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Owlbear Camus posted:

Luke is pretty much canonically a sheltered suburban/rural upper middle class kid.

Hell, he has his own light aircraft he's apparently able to fly for leisure.

Upper? Uncle Owen couldn't even swing the cash to hire a guy and had to rely on free relative labor.

The skyhopper was practically a tractor. Farm machinery to get out to the vaporators. Growing up in the country, it was super common for even the barely not broke kids to have some sort of vehicle at their disposal because there were all sorts of vehicles just laying around. Our farm had six abandoned muscle cars on it!

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Cross-Section posted:

It's just subtly different than a romantic one.

https://twitter.com/_thememerman_/status/1483744877569531905

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I love that it's a platonic two-way loyalty between them. They're there for eachother now, ride or die.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
It's worst then that.

They are high level adventurers that you can put in the darkest dungeon and they will come out victorious, but no clue on just about anything else. :D

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also, that’s a Swiss M84 canteen and cup she’s pouring if you want one.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

chitoryu12 posted:

Also, that’s a Swiss M84 canteen and cup she’s pouring if you want one.

Reminds me of how fans turned a hiking lantern into a kyber crystal carrier for their Galaxy's Edge collection

Anything can be from a galaxy far far away with some light tinkering in your garage

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Owlbear Camus posted:

We need a specialer edition with a shot of all the noncombatants peacing out on a skiff or two.

I haven't been following Robot Chicken for a few years, but apparently they're still around. Have they ever done anything on The Mandalorian?
Books of Boba Fett looks like fertile ground for their kinds of shenanigans.

Alan Smithee posted:

Danny Betrayo

Love it.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Some tonal whiplash in this show. From a family friendly, slapstick chase around the kitchen to blowing people away with a rifle in the next scene.

Also had to just laugh at the stealth droid sneaking in to map the place with bright red LEDs all over it.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Lister posted:

Also had to just laugh at the stealth droid sneaking in to map the place with bright red LEDs all over it.

That droid sure would've come in handy that one time she was pinned down by the Mando and Toro Calican.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

nine-gear crow posted:

Bib Fortuna: He's no Jedi.

also Bib Fortuna: Oh poo poo, he's a Jedi. Bye!

Which is totally in character. He's looking out for number one, and number one doesn't need to die by a lightsaber.

(a blastershot to the chest five years later will suffice)

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Servetus posted:

He doesn't have a ship anymore. He is going to be taking public transit in his full armor, with the darksaber and his pulse rifle and the beskar spear, getting weird looks from everyone else on that space train.

There was a throw away line where cara dune is talking about gidden and says "we have him alive so he's worth more." So that leads me to think they're going to say he got a big bounty to turn him in and was able to buy a new ship. Or maybe it was meaningless and won't factor into anything.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Lister posted:

A lot of robots need glowy eyes to see. Don't shame them.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I'm watching A New Hope for the first time in at least 12 years. I'd forgotten a lot of details, like the memory probe droid which re-appears in Star Wars: Rebels. I'd forgotten that they get to the Death Star because they were intending to deliver Obi-Wan to Alderaan, then Han Solo follows a tie fighter too close to it, rather than getting there by intending to board it or something. The downtime in the short scenes between Mos Eisley and the Death Star is something a lot of modern movies lack.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jan 21, 2022

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Looking forward to being disappointed when there's no mandalorian/tv show dlc for the new lego star wars game.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Spookydonut posted:

Looking forward to being disappointed when there's no mandalorian/tv show dlc for the new lego star wars game.

It's confirmed that there will be.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I can totally understand him not remembering that the Jawas found him while he was in bad shape, gave him a beating and stole his poo poo. But I don't get why he would think his armor was down there. Did he think he stripped it off and then decided to climb out of the pit? Actually that would make sense and explain why he thought he could return into it while wearing some robes.

Boba is really loving dumb.

Remember that he said Fennec was both the brains and the muscle of his new operation

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Seeing Bib get shot directly in the chest again brought me great joy. I've always loved scenes of fat dudes getting shot in the chest unexpectedly as they gasp for their last breath like they are having a Bill Swerski super fan tier cardiac event. The best reference example would be the portrayal of Lt. Max Eckhardt by William "Porkins" Hootkins in Batman (1989).

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Cross-Section posted:

loving no it wouldn't jesus christ, how about just two badasses being badassed together. goddamn allos

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

TheBuilder posted:

Seeing Bib get shot directly in the chest again brought me great joy. I've always loved scenes of fat dudes getting shot in the chest unexpectedly as they gasp for their last breath like they are having a Bill Swerski super fan tier cardiac event. The best reference example would be the portrayal of Lt. Max Eckhardt by William "Porkins" Hootkins in Batman (1989).

Very specific fetish thank you for sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Soonmot posted:

loving no it wouldn't jesus christ, how about just two badasses being badassed together. goddamn allos
Whoa, hey, slow down here. Not all of us allos are shippers. Just, like, 80% of us.

Okay 90% tops.