Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i say swears online posted:

i lived in RI for three months and would listen to buddy cianci on the radio. new england democrats are loving hilarious compared to their powerless counterparts down south

edit: i just looked him up and he was a republican lol. i honestly can't tell the difference between the parties up there

Providence was a better city under mafia rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

ex post facho posted:

he'll be able to work across the aisle!!

*secures 0 Republican Senate votes and loses 2 Democrat votes*

lol

Probably should have got elected 30 years ago when all his senate buddies were still alive

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

DoubleDonut posted:

Like, if there’s one thing to learn from the aftermath of the 2020 riots it’s that even with complete control and a huge, obvious public mandate the democrats are not willing to change anything at all

poo poo i thought we all learned this in 2009-2010 lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Guantanamo totally got closed

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

I specifically mean the riots taking place in cities with huge police budgets and uncontested democrat legislatures and mayors but you’re not wrong

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Real hurthling! posted:

Guantanamo totally got closed

obama ran on a public option and took it off the table before they even started "negotiations"

lol remember when he tried to cut social security and the republicans only blocked it because it didn't go far enough

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Do you remember when Bernie accused Biden of trying to cut Social Security, and Biden claimed he hadn't, being technically correct because he wasn't able to get the cuts passed even with the help of Chuck Grassley?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
bernie wasn't willing to acknowledge when biden lied about things bernie was present for and were easily verifiable. bitch never meant any of his rhetoric.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/polltrackerusa/status/1484234913792643078?s=21

538 gives them an A- rating as a pollster with only a +1.3 R bent.

god drat the democrats are going to get destroyed, absolutely wrecked, thoroughly obliterated in 2022

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
dems are gonna get their assholes flavor blasted on live tv

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

god drat the democrats are going to get destroyed, absolutely wrecked, thoroughly obliterated in 2022

Good thing they are terrible so I don't actually care if they lose!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

dems bringing in Kirk Johnson as a consultant for the midterms

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/aduehren/status...ingawful.com%2F

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

lmfaao

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status...ingawful.com%2F

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Oh now they realize it's a stupid name

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
plot twist: Biden loses 2024 and the Democrats are the ones who refuse a peaceful transition of power lol

sombrero
Oct 1, 2007

ex post facho posted:

plot twist: Biden loses 2024 and the Democrats are the ones who refuse a peaceful transition of power lol

The irony is that their messaging (vote like your life depends on it, democracy is on the line, etc) would warrant refusal to give up power. But alas they're very obviously on the same team as the party taking over, and politics is nothing more than theater to politicians and voters

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mind_Taker posted:

Lol at the cope in the replies

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
incredible lol

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

"Maybe Manchin and Sinema are so stupid that a name change will trick them into voting yes, " biggest brained idiot running the House.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status...ingawful.com%2F

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mind_Taker posted:

jesus

that's like a hundred seats in the house lol

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

spacemang_spliff posted:

jesus

that's like a hundred seats in the house lol

yep I'm lolling bigtime over here

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
cspam trusting polls again, schnorkles smiles

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i don't need a poll to know the democrats are going to get destroy in 2022

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i don't need a poll to know the democrats are going to get destroy in 2022

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

TehSaurus posted:

Good thing they are terrible so I don't actually care if they lose!

I myself do care if they lose. I will be glad when the Democrats are destroyed in 2022.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Homeless Friend posted:

cspam trusting polls again, schnorkles smiles

the polls are wrong

republican advantage is way bigger

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

they will naturally tighten up as we get closer to the election but drat

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

dems facing destruction, pelosi: we're gonna need a bbb'er bbb

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

sexpig by night posted:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

obama ran on a public option and took it off the table before they even started "negotiations"

lol remember when he tried to cut social security and the republicans only blocked it because it didn't go far enough

lol

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

DoubleDonut posted:

Like, if there’s one thing to learn from the aftermath of the 2020 riots it’s that even with complete control and a huge, obvious public mandate the democrats are not willing to change anything at all

Obama had all kinds of majorities and the Mandate of Heaven, he was beloved and beautiful and untouchable and perfect, and even still the Dems could only pass that horrible ACA.

That's the thing that MSNBC viewers have no answer for. They're always telling people vote for Dems we just need this majority we just need this Supreme Court Justice we just need this President get us over the hump and we promise you a new world, better than our current one.

But we did that poo poo 13 years ago. We exited the Bush years with all the pieces in place. A light shone from the skies. And the Democrats gave people almost loving nothing. Just excuses and bullshit. And they got kicked in the balls by nutjobs in 2010.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/justinsink/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

someone post the Kamala quote

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

"i can't break my promises if i don't make any" :smug:

Morbus
May 18, 2004