Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Twigand Berries posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=st5ulKlvlM8

It’s at the end, like the last battle in the stream

Could not find it on his channel which is why I was confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
If you think of what he is doing as akin to speed running, it makes a lot more sense. Breaking the game is it's own joy in some ways.

I just prefer playing on lower difficulties and having more flexibility to try things that aren't 100% optimized. I'll be damned if give Hellebrone all-shades armies.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Could not find it on his channel which is why I was confused.

Youtube has a tendency to filter out streams from videos, depending on how you're looking for it.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Ravenfood posted:

If you think of what he is doing as akin to speed running, it makes a lot more sense. Breaking the game is it's own joy in some ways.

I just prefer playing on lower difficulties and having more flexibility to try things that aren't 100% optimized. I'll be damned if give Hellebrone all-shades armies.

:yeah: I like dumb thematic builds.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Ravenfood posted:

I finished a Crone campaign on legendary / very hard and ran 0 ranged units. auto resolve hates you but in battles you will crush a lot of factions. honestly the hardest part of the campaign was requiring tier 5 buildings and faction capitols across the map

I will say that shades are great for dunking on chaos armies tho

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

In the Zhao Ming campaign, you start at war with Eshin/Snikch.

That's cool, and presumably also means I can have Skragg mess up Franz :allears:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Man, Imrik is gonna be a fun start, assuming he starts somewhere near where he does in WH2 ME. With the trade changes, he might actually have money, and he can either go west and gently caress with Grimgrog, or East and gently caress with the Ogres, Chorfs, Cathay, etc.

That's going to be a REALLY loving COOL start.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I just think it’s funny that I watched Legend and some kind of spazzy kid that got linked in the thread play the Demon Prince and they both disbanded the bloat fly bobbly guys stating they were useless and then I watched Turin and he was like “yeah, these flies are amazing. we’re gonna be getting a bunch of these”

i admit my hope is horribly biased towards bloat fly bobbly things being good

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Just the fun of having the demons actually in game feels like it's going to breathe new life into every other faction once mortal empires comes around1

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

It looks like the AI really has potential to be decent in settlement battles. milkandcookies fights a big Khorne vs. Slaanesh battle in his Skarbrand video and the AI seems to do a pretty decent job at committing forces to three different fronts and not blobbing up too badly. Combine this with the varied and expansive maps and it really feels like settlement battles will stay fresher longer into a campaign and feel different with different armies.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

SirPhoebos posted:

:yeah: I like dumb thematic builds.

I always play Repanse with mostly infantry-based armies, sure is fun throwing thousands of peasants into a battle that could easily be won by like fifty knights and a wizard

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

I always play Repanse with mostly infantry-based armies, sure is fun throwing thousands of peasants into a battle that could easily be won by like fifty knights and a wizard

:hmmyes:

Also I don't care if they're crap, I like me some White Lions.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
MATN is currently playing Skarbrand, and is straight-up throwing away armies to harvest as many skulls as he can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuuCwAsVvoo

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kazzah posted:

MATN is currently playing Skarbrand, and is straight-up throwing away armies to harvest as many skulls as he can:

It is like a kid in a candy store if it involved a lot more maiming and claiming of skulls.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Kazzah posted:

lol “my reliability rating is low….fair yeah”

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Twigand Berries posted:

lol “my reliability rating is low….fair yeah”

I love that. That's exactly how Skarbrand should play.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Randarkman posted:

The outpost seems to require that the faction controls a provincial capital and is actually built in that settlement, it even gives that settlement a garrison. Presumably, if that faction is destroyed or loses control of that settlement you lose the outpost.

Sure, what I mean is that for the purposes of disbanding existing units, it seems oddly specific wording if death of the faction also causes it, you could just say "if the alliance is broken" rather than specifying because you or they ended it.

If they are wiped out but were still on good terms with you it would make sense for their troops to still fight with you, you just can't get any more of them.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

The Chad Jihad posted:

I am reading that the other factions actually attempt to complete their story campaign as well? I'm not sure if that's true or people are just misinterpreting what they are seeing(i.e. AI's are just entering chaos rifts). I quite enjoyed that aspect of vortex, vestigial as it was, but given it's hard to balance and most of the factions added to 2 did not take part I'd be surprised if they'd do that sort of campaing again

I read PC Gamer’s article which said something similar but I still think there’s a chance it’s like how you don’t really need to play the vortex campaign the way the game makes it seem - send interception forces, complete the rituals basically as soon as you get to them, even if you gently caress up and the AI finished before you you still had another chance with a big battle, etc.

I started with TWWH a few months after 2 launched and this thread was already advising new players to ignore all that and just do all the rituals in a row at the end.

WH3 is definitely structured as another race between the factions for the finish line. I really hope it’s not just for show this time.

For those not interested in Legend’s ranged meta campaigns, he started a This is Total War campaign with Skarbrand today (no ranged/no magic) and said he’ll keep going with it. He wants to get all 94 achievements before launch, if possible.

E: another tidbit from his stream today is total install size is ~120GB (it already has all the data files for the eventual Mortal Empires update apparently?)

Scott Forstall fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 20, 2022

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The enthusiasm in MATN's stream is infectious.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Scott Forstall posted:

E: another tidbit from his stream today is total install size is ~120GB (it already has all the data files for the eventual Mortal Empires update apparently?)
Oooof. Time for a larger SSD.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Hunt11 posted:

The enthusiasm in MATN's stream is infectious.

I’m finishing up Legend’s stream from today but I’m looking forward to Jon’s stream so much. Glad he went for a full stream and not just an edited video. My subscriptions tab is overloaded with WH3 streams and I’m loving it.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Oh god just thinking about how good the mods will be for WH3. Taking your TEB minions all across the world making money.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

It looks like when a chaos lord approaches the empire it provokes an immediate response from full stacks run by Karl and Boris

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Twigand Berries posted:

It looks like when a chaos lord approaches the empire it provokes an immediate response from full stacks run by Karl and Boris

seems correct tbh

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Scott Forstall posted:

Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Wrong Chaos god, 6 is Slaanesh's sacred number

you'd need 888 for Khorne

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
oh well haha

also, good to know, thanks. I have a lot to learn as far as the lore goes.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/total-war-warhammer-3-developer-on-future-factions-nothing-is-off-limits-3142435

Regarding factions: "Nothing is off limits." Pure hopium.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

PONTUS!!!!!

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Warhammer 4 must be in pre-production surely. This cash cow has a lot left to give.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

V for Vegas posted:

Warhammer 4 must be in pre-production surely. This cash cow has a lot left to give.

There's a good chance WH3 could be getting new updates in 2030 tbf

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

B.. but...

I'm totally naming the Build-a-daemon "Mithridates".

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gonkish posted:

B.. but...

I'm totally naming the Build-a-daemon "Mithridates".
:same:

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Whorelord posted:

There's a good chance WH3 could be getting new updates in 2030 tbf

2030: The Fascist Update.

the new LL is some random nazi in Spain

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

I wonder which football stadium the Nuffle part of the realm of chaos will look like. Maybe all of them.

And when Thanquol comes, there will probably just be a quest battle against Skarbrand, but I hope you can drag Skarbrand (and his army) off to where you are at in the campaign map by accident.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Catching up on Loremaster’s stream and the first two offers in Slaanesh’s realm are completely insane. They’d actually have me considering accepting. Glad the aren’t undertuned.

Actively seeking out Slaanesh for boons seem very thematic. I wonder if there are any consequences.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

V for Vegas posted:

If WH4 was just WH1 but massively updated I would be 100% down for that 4 to 5 years from now.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
A Warhammer 1: Two would have to be on a vastly more advanced engine to justify it tbh.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Catching up on Loremaster’s stream and the first two offers in Slaanesh’s realm are completely insane. They’d actually have me considering accepting. Glad the aren’t undertuned.

Actively seeking out Slaanesh for boons seem very thematic. I wonder if there are any consequences.

There are, your lord gets a negative trait... that gives a whole +1 Slaanesh corruption to the province they're in. That's it. Oh, and said trait is removable too by sitting in a town with the right building.

As for comparisons between Slaanesh's Blade and the Chainsword, I think it's fair to point out that the Chainsword DOES give +10 Khornate corruption when wielded, so there actually is some negative consequence to using it. Both are OP, but the Blade not even giving corruption and coming along with 75,000gp is what kind of takes it (and the other Slaaneshi gifts) into the realm of just silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Though if you take it you also have to give up on the main quest for a indeterminate amount of time.