Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Steve Vader posted:

I am new to nL stuff. Is there a reason they hate Edge so much?

Specifically for the Rumblethon they hate him because he eliminated Molly Holly from one of the rumbles when they were the last two (as so far no women have ever won a rumblethon rumble and she was basically closest to it)

They also like to hate on him to poke fun at Duel because Edge is his favorite wrestler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

namaste

denis leary

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Is there any game that can do an all woman rumble? I was wondering if we might see one if so.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

Is there any game that can do an all woman rumble? I was wondering if we might see one if so.

they probably could have done it in Fire Pro with all of the STARDOM dlc but didn't this year

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Alaois posted:

they probably could have done it in Fire Pro with all of the STARDOM dlc but didn't this year

Between both DLC you still only have 21 wrestlers, unfortunately.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Steve Vader posted:

last two wwe 2k games can do all women but you have to chose to do that

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

if they do a women's rumble for one, will they boo Beth Phoenix

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Angry_Ed posted:

Specifically for the Rumblethon they hate him because he eliminated Molly Holly from one of the rumbles when they were the last two (as so far no women have ever won a rumblethon rumble and she was basically closest to it)

They also like to hate on him to poke fun at Duel because Edge is his favorite wrestler

Also specifically for the Rumblethon, Duel ends up recording most of them, so there’s a joke/accusation to be made if Edge wins, because of course he’d keep the one recording out of hundreds that Edge won in.

It’s also why he’s not allowed to pick (usually).

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
I swear the injury system in 2k20 is so absolutely hosed, you have to put like 12 finishers in a row on a specific wrestler, and repeat that for 3 weeks in a row, hoping it doesn't just randomly remove the injury status, and if you manage to get them to be fully injured, half the time when they come out of it, the game doesn't update them back to active status and they are permanently locked out of universe. Also the supposed injury return rivalry never triggers, and the recover from injury goal never unlocks (in fact about 85% of the universe goal list is permanently unavailable)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

X JAKK posted:

I swear the injury system in 2k20 is so absolutely hosed, you have to put like 12 finishers in a row on a specific wrestler, and repeat that for 3 weeks in a row, hoping it doesn't just randomly remove the injury status, and if you manage to get them to be fully injured, half the time when they come out of it, the game doesn't update them back to active status and they are permanently locked out of universe. Also the supposed injury return rivalry never triggers, and the recover from injury goal never unlocks (in fact about 85% of the universe goal list is permanently unavailable)

My fav was the GM Mode in SvR '06. As the player, you risked someone getting injured by booking them in a one on one match, meanwhile the computer controlled rival was putting the same two wrestlers in weekly Hell in the Cell matches and they never got injured.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

2K22 will have a $120 NWO 4 Life edition

quote:

WWE 2K22 editions:

Standard $60 PS4/XBONE/PC, $70 PS5/XS
Cross-Gen $80; digital Standard with Starrcade 96 Rey pack
Deluxe $100; Standard with Taker Immortal pack, DLC season pass, MyRISE Mega-Boost and SuperCharger packs, limited edition SuperCard content, and early access to game 3 days before launch if preordered before Mar 8. PS5/XS owners also get Starrcade 96 Rey pack
NWO 4 Life $120; Standard and Deluxe with playable Bischoff, arenas for Souled Out 97 and Bash at the Beach 96, Wolfpac title, and MyFaction EVO Cards and alt NWO attires for Hogan, Hall, Nash and Syxx

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Claim of cross platform community creations for WWE 2k22

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chris James 2 posted:

2K22 will have a $120 NWO 4 Life edition

I’ll bite when the NWO is 4 $20.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

Claim of cross platform community creations for WWE 2k22

Perhaps they should've made sure said creations didn't utterly break the game before doing something this ambitious.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So they put out two trailers and pretty much as I expected it's nothing but clips from entrances and Undertaker chokeslamming people over and over again.

They are TERRIFIED of showing normal gameplay

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Drakkel posted:

So they put out two trailers and pretty much as I expected it's nothing but clips from entrances and Undertaker chokeslamming people over and over again.

They are TERRIFIED of showing normal gameplay

Officially now a worse runup to launch than TNA iMPACT because at least that game did show gameplay before launch.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

Vince insisted on always online requirements so he can delete wrestlers from the game in real time when he fires them.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Also no smart delivery. 70 bucks on next gen.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
You can be stunned in a bad way. Like a taser

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

The one silver lining of the new information is the hint that custom content is cross-platform, which is great, but I'm totally expecting a bunch of absolute bullshit included. Like them keeping the 1000 image limit so you can never have as much stuff as you want, or the "you can only download 20 things per 24 hour period" limit.

Also what do you think the odds are that despite the "revamped engine" and running on PS5/Xbox SEX the game'll still be incapable of having 10 people in the ring? At this rate we're not gonna be able to run a full survivor series match until the 2030's

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

feel the glow

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Stunning graphics

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

https://i.imgur.com/rJ6yGr4.gifv

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

it's like they're all wearing masks

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Based on the graphic quality, this year‘s slogan is “try not to come”

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's really cool. it's like ps1 face mapping but with the visuals of ps3

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
the absolute state of it!

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

that is some Mass Effect Andromeda rear end face rigging

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Finally, WWE games only suck slightly again. What a glorious return to form!

I probably have to get it somehow because there's e-fed people who have not yet seen the light of fire pro (or just want variety, or prefer that WWE games capture the spectacle of it all better, I dunno) so cross platform CC is a real blessing.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jan 21, 2022

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Some info about GM and Universe Mode

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/...ampaign=dlvr.it

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Watched a NL video where they were playing TNA Impact (2008) and it still looks better than the modern WWE games

Just what everyone wanted

quote:

MyGM is also adding the ability to play in the role of somebody like Kevin Dunn and be a spectator while also being able to manipulate different camera angles. You can also choose to be a heel general manager and help certain Superstars along the way.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tato posted:

Watched a NL video where they were playing TNA Impact (2008) and it still looks better than the modern WWE games

I can't want to see the misery people create trying to out-camera-cut Kevin Dunn in the game. This is gonna loving rule.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

I can't want to see the misery people create trying to out-camera-cut Kevin Dunn in the game. This is gonna loving rule.

Game will probably crash

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Tato posted:

Fun Fact the Impact game was made by a lot of the same people who made WWE All-Stars, and runs on the same engine.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Drakkel posted:

Fun Fact the Impact game was made by a lot of the same people who made WWE All-Stars, and runs on the same engine.

That part I didn't actually know, it's good that they got a chance to do more with that engine it's just a shame they didn't have a chance to do anything after All Stars. Apparently they were going to be working on the next UFC game for THQ before that all fell apart.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 21, 2022

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Great end to today’s rumble. Lots of drama.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Such a wretched game but the end was worth it.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

Word is the creative director stated they went back to the button mashing pin system for 2k22.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Snacksmaniac posted:

Such a wretched game but the end was worth it.

While the last two games are kind of garbage to watch simmed, it was worth it due to both having iron man winners.