Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

So many fires this season, it's everything I wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hypershock actually looks functional for once

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Oh hey, battlebots thread.

This season has ruled so far.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol Valykirie's team just beating up its own bot in attempt to flip it.

P1 doesn't exactly seem like it's moving great right now either

I did not think these bots were gonna get so beat the gently caress up in that match

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

It would have been cool if that hammer flip worked.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That really devolved as the fight went on, but I've got to give the fight to P1

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
P1 didn't really use its weapon. I think it dominated the fight but that weapon damage criteria makes it vulnerable to losing here

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I really like Huge, it's so stupid

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
One punch knockout?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
oh man what a nightmare for Huge. Found probably the only part of the box to get wedged in

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Wow

Lucky shot

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Wow what a hit.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't like Fusion's odds if his plan includes "tail whipping"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Cobalt can't even reach it! What a slaughter

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I thought Cobalt was supposed to be good

What is this accent?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

PostNouveau posted:

Cobalt can't even reach it! What a slaughter

Sometimes it's easy to forget how heavy these bots are when they flip around the stage like this

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Time for Icewave to roll the dice, it either shreds or destroys itself.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

RIP Icewave

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Witch Doctor still strong huh

edit: and just as I post it the weapon goes down

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Pushing match??? Booooooooo

Another reason I don't like Duck. They aim to break the other team's weapon, and then they don't have a weapon of their own. So if it goes exactly to plan for Duck, it's a no-weapon shoving match.

Anyway, Witch Doctor won pretty easy even without the weapon

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

It's still easily Witch Doctor

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Dual vertical drums, could be anyone in this.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Has anyone heard whether or not they're going to do a second season of the Bounty Hunters tournament?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Has anyone heard whether or not they're going to do a second season of the Bounty Hunters tournament?

Checking Reddit, apparently Perfect Phoenix said they were participating this year ONLY in the Bounty Hunters tournament, so it's coming but hasn't been announced yet

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
drat, what a fight

Copperhead won for sure, but that was great

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Copperhead wins for knocking out Lockjaw's weapon.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Of course Derek was the Lockjaw vote. Come on dude

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Snakepants

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The snake sock puppets biting each other in the background during the pre fight interview for mvp of the episode.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Duck sucked then, Duck sucks now. Active weapon or gtfo!!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Of course Derek was the Lockjaw vote. Come on dude

Goons were a mistake.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Duck seemed way slower and less agile than before

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's really odd seeing Reese from Fusion being a nice & well adjusted builder compared with Jake playing up the villain role...

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

The Glumslinger posted:

Duck seemed way slower and less agile than before

Someone earlier ITT said they had to redesign the lifter because the rulebook changed to close the loophole Duck was exploiting. For this season if you have a lifter, it has to be able to lift a certain amount, so Duck probably had to devote a lot more power to that instead of just to the wheels.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

SolarFire2 posted:

Someone earlier ITT said they had to redesign the lifter because the rulebook changed to close the loophole Duck was exploiting. For this season if you have a lifter, it has to be able to lift a certain amount, so Duck probably had to devote a lot more power to that instead of just to the wheels.

They were getting outmaneuvered by Witch Doctor though, which is surely investing a lot more weight and power to their disc than Duck is to it's lifter.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Borsche69 posted:

They were getting outmaneuvered by Witch Doctor though, which is surely investing a lot more weight and power to their disc than Duck is to it's lifter.

Witch Doctor's a real good robot with a great driver. It shoves around most of the robots it faces.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

Witch Doctor's a real good robot with a great driver. It shoves around most of the robots it faces.

Yeah, but that doesn't really explain why a robot like Witch Doctor can zoom around really fast while a robot like Duck (which could presumably allocate more weight to its drive train) looked sluggish and slow. Even though they upgraded the lifter slightly, Duck's strength should still just be its resilience and its drive, and it didn't seem to have the latter.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's because Witch Doctor is a better bot with a better driver. HTH.

Although I don't really believe that Duck lost all it's power for a basic lifting arm that it has... Likely just some sort of issue because it's a new build and 1st time Al has been in the Battlebox for 2 years...

Witch Doctor is a top tier bot if the weapon discs don't break.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

Yeah, but that doesn't really explain why a robot like Witch Doctor can zoom around really fast while a robot like Duck (which could presumably allocate more weight to its drive train) looked sluggish and slow. Even though they upgraded the lifter slightly, Duck's strength should still just be its resilience and its drive, and it didn't seem to have the latter.

Look again at the very start of the fight. Duck trundles out, takes a few hits, and then suddenly speeds up massively and barely avoids ramming itself into the spikes. That suggests something might have been amiss with speed control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Witch Doctor is a top tier bot if the weapon discs don't break.

Yeah, the durability and drive have been solid for years at this point. They'd be a threat to win every season if they could get the weapon working.