Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who are you rooting for this Divisional Round
This poll is closed.
Cincinnati Bengals 46 29.30%
Green Bay Packers 29 18.47%
San Francisco 49'ers 27 17.20%
Tennessee Titans 15 9.55%
Stan the T-Rex to Escape The Rock's Possession 40 25.48%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

DariusLikewise posted:

Making the Hall of Fame as a QB is a way more exclusive clubs than you think, like the last five guys to make it in are Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Ken Stabler and Troy Aikman. The worst out of that group is Aikman, his career stats aren't great but he won 3 Super Bowls so that's the bar.

This group won't look as exclusive when eli manning joins them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

grraaaaaaaave digger

international man of...dating married women? or is that a different ATN producer?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Artonos posted:

This group won't look as exclusive when eli manning joins them.

I think Eli will be a guy that maybe gets in ten years after his eligibility. Brees, Brady and Rodgers are all up first.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Elis year to year stats are garbage relative to his peers and only stack up counting wise due to longevity. He just played at a really average to below average level for a long time. He doesn't belong in there, but he probably will get in at some point

Stafford is 100% the kind of guy that old sportswriters will complain about being a compiler even though Eli is more of a compiler than Stafford is. That being said, he won't sniff the HOF unless he wins something with the Rams (or wherever else he plays)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/koestreicher34/status/1484128039592157185?s=20

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Wes Welker dropping a key 1st down conversion unraveled the entire team. It was pretty nuts. Also Stephen Ridley literally dying on the field during a fumble 6.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The Ravens were maybe the only AFC team that would show up in the post-season against those Brady Pats, some amazing games man

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I agree he needs a ring, but, Stafford has the two best seasons for a Wide Receiver EVER in his belt, isnt that worth anything?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

MJeff posted:

I agree he needs a ring, but, Stafford has the two best seasons for a Wide Receiver EVER in his belt, isnt that worth anything?

not really

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

MJeff posted:

When did Stafford pass to Rice in 1987?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

also those seasons say more about the wide receivers than the quarterback IMO

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Josh Gordon had 1600+ with Weeden and Jason Campbell.

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
I am always very amused at pro-bowls mattering to anyone, ever. Just as much meaning as the NVP award but much less cool

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Waltzing Along posted:

When did Stafford pass to Rice in 1987?

In 1987, you just answered your own question.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pro Bowls mattered more when the players actually played in them (or at least the skills competitions).

Now it's like 4th and 5th choice selections playing in them and no one cares anymore.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Can't believe they left out the Boldin highlight.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ParchedEmbellishedElk-mobile.mp4

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
Matthew Stafford would easily win a QB challenge if they did it this year

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Should've been called back for taunting. Absolute disgrace.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I’d be infinitely less pissed about that Ravens team if it wasn’t the Ray Lewis Retirement Tour.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’d be infinitely less pissed about that Ravens team if it wasn’t the Ray Lewis Retirement Tour.

They hilariously ended the Broncos, I love them forever

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Pro Bowls mattered more when the players actually played in them (or at least the skills competitions).

Now it's like 4th and 5th choice selections playing in them and no one cares anymore.

You say that but every year it gets mentioned in the HOF resumes.

Stafford needs a ring to get a lock but I think he should get in anyway and as for the question when has he been a top 5 QB - I'd argue just about every year he's been in the mix.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1484277283330437124?s=21
lol the mental gymnastics by KC fans in the comments

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

:stare:

Between this and Willie Gay…

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
if you can't get physical in real life how are you going to be physical playing football? all the haters are just mad that the chiefs have had so much success creating a hardnosed, competitive culture on and off the field

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Fate Accomplice posted:

grraaaaaaaave digger

international man of...dating married women? or is that a different ATN producer?

Yeah thats the guy. He wore out his welcome quickly. Dude is a total homer and ignored blatant calls, and ended his one good storyline. Also this video sucks rear end.

Go bengos

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
What the....

https://twitter.com/Bukes1/status/1484202774803984388?t=W4v3D68T2V7bbrJ-2FjR3A&s=19

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Matthew Stafford has a higher completion percentage, Y/A, and QB rating in his playoff career than Tom Brady. Thanks for reading.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Quiet Feet posted:

Does Matt Stafford make the hall if

LOL

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

tinstaach posted:

Matthew Stafford has a higher completion percentage, Y/A, and QB rating in his playoff career than Tom Brady. Thanks for reading.

He's also not a cheater

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Eli making the HoF the same year as Brady is the only acceptable outcome.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3NhX6-5mO0

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Sunday Morning posted:

Eli making the HoF the same year as Brady is the only acceptable outcome.

So Eli is only getting in on like the 3rd ballot? Alright I guess.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sunday Morning posted:

Eli making the HoF the before Brady is the only acceptable outcome.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Some major scandal that is so large that Brady gets a lifetime ban and all his super bowl negated like USCs national championship and Reggie Bush's Heisman would be ideal.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol yall sorry teams couldn't beat brady

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Metapod posted:

Lol yall sorry teams couldn't beat brady

[GIANTS FANS DO NOT INTERACT]

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
My eagles beat Brady once

gently caress TOMB

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Tennessee Titans are winning the super bowl

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the last time the bengals won a playoff game they faced the proto-titans and raiders, reverse order of this year. the last time they made the afc championship they beat the bills who could make it there, then lost to the 49ers in the super bowl and they could also make it. saying this in case the nfl script is related to the bengals this year but that seems like low ratings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

38-17 titans